Status Bar themes [GT-P6800]&[GT-P6810]

Search This thread

EarlZ

Jun 21, 2010
Like what I've said, if I delete it I dont get any force close, rebooting still keeps the modded status bar.. applying another mod does not overwrite it.

Also Im going back to stock for now because it does not 'auto hide' it self with MX video player but it does work correctly with the stock player.

Last edited:

stefan.pilsu

Dec 16, 2008
OnePlus One
Essential Phone
Does anyone have this working on sk806 Tweaked Stock rom?
None of the status bar mods I have tried will work. They remove the status bar completely

If you know how to deodex'it probably it will work.
Maybe the tweakers can do this...

---------- Post added at 12:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 PM ----------

Like what I've said, if I delete it I dont get any force close, rebooting still keeps the modded status bar.. applying another mod does not overwrite it.

Also Im going back to stock for now because it does not 'auto hide' it self with MX video player but it does work correctly with the stock player.

1. You delete the wrong .apk (no FC's=the .apk that you have deleted is not in use) and for the last time : the trick is in the names...

2. Auto hide works perfect with MX videoplayer.

3. I noticed how much you like to write...I prefer to read.

EarlZ

Jun 21, 2010
1. You delete the wrong .apk (no FC's=the .apk that you have deleted is not in use) and for the last time : the trick is in the names...

1.) Only 1 SystemUI.apk unless theres another naming convention for the SystemUI.apk that the system can use then I dont know, I've made sure of the case letters as well.

2.) Works fine on my end if I use the stock theme, i dont know why.. each device is different, the very same reason why others can and cant get the theme mods to work.

3.) Last time I checked, this is a forum so writing/asking and reporting findings is acceptable, unless the concept has changed. Nobody asked your preference, you seem to act like you know so much but acting cocky wont get you anywhere.

Last edited:

sk806

Jan 30, 2005
Rye, New York
If you know how to deodex'it probably it will work.
Maybe the tweakers can do this...

---------- Post added at 12:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 PM ----------

This is correct, you need to deodex the apk. I have asked a few times if I could deodex these for the OP, but haven't heard anything. So, no luck unless you can do it yourself, as I am not taking someone else's work without their permission.

Steve

Gam3r 4 Life

Mar 5, 2011
Napa, California
SSass these PS Icons are awesome. Can I make a request? Can you make one for me that uses the PS Icons, but in this order instead?
Back=Circle/ Home =X / Recent Apps =Triangle / Square=Screenshot

Heres my reasoning. Circle is usually back in a lot of games, and in most menus. X is most commonly used so that would be Home, and the Square to me is like the tablets screen so that = screenshot. And then the triangle is the only one left, so that could be recent apps.

If you cant do this I understand, just thought I would ask. Thanks and keep up the good work.

UPDATE: Nevermind, after some trial and error I was able to do this myself by extracting the apk, renaming each of the fonts, then creating a zip with no compression, then renaming from SystemUI.zip to SystemUI.apk and to my surprise it worked.

Last edited:

teva

Jun 17, 2007
Anybody knows why i can't replace system bar? It worked once, but second time i tried, few minutes later, it didn't. apk file is copied successfully and after reboot i still have same sysbar (blue ics from post#1). I even deleted both SystemUI.apk and .odex file, rebooted and nothing...still have same blue sys bar. I checked system/apps folder to see if SystemUI.apk was there, but it is not and still works.

So please, can anyone advise how to fix this? I can't understand why it worked the first time (i even got FC after i replaced apk).

tnx

edit:
Ok, found the problem. I had ICS_SystemUI.apk in the same folder which was used to sysbar. I removed this one and it works now. So be careful

Last edited:

Gam3r 4 Life

Mar 5, 2011
Napa, California
I dont know if this will help anyone, but I will post the steps that I use each time, and it works every time without force closes. This is on my rooted 6810.

1) If I think Ill need the existing SystemUI.apk I will navigate to system/apps and copy it. I have a folder on my SD card called status bar themes. So I keep the ones I have in it renaming the copy I made so I know what they are and can use them again.

2) I then either transfer the new SystemUI.apk via usb, or email it to myself. Then with a root explorer/ file app I go to wherever the apk is, and copy that one as well, and place it in my status bar themes folder.

3) Then I take the one I transferred or emailed and name it the correct name "SystemUI.apk"

4) Then I select the move option (may be cut, or something else depending on your file app, I use the free root browser from market) and paste it into system/apps.

5) At this time if it is named correctly you will see the status bar disappear. If it is still there the name is wrong.

6) Then without doing anything else I shut the tablet down. Reboot and enjoy.

Doing it this way has worked every time. Ive never had force closes, and I never had to touch the odex.

Last edited:

jolvin

Oct 30, 2010
ahhh my status bar totally disappear ...

can anyone one pls upload their P6800 systemui.apk and the .odex file ?

both of my files are missing :(

jabbermacy

May 19, 2011
Wuhan
With all these files running around with both 6810 and 6800 intermixed could somebody please organize this bloody thread!?! Here's the 6800 stock SystemUI and .odex file if needed.

Attachments

• SystemUI-6800.zip
    1,022.4 KB · Views: 37

Maverick777

May 16, 2008
Does anyone have this working on sk806 Tweaked Stock rom?
None of the status bar mods I have tried will work. They remove the status bar completely

Also confirming that the modded status bars do not work on n00b rom 1.0 for the 6810. The status bar disappears completely. :confused:

If someone could get the black bar with grey icons working, I'd be very grateful.

Gam3r 4 Life

Mar 5, 2011
Napa, California
Hey guys. Ive made a modified version of the Playstation icons theme with the PS logo as the mini apps button, and the buttons rearranged. And Ive created a XBOX 360 version with 360 controller buttons, and the 360 logo as the mini apps button. I pm'd the OP to ask if I could post these here. If not I will create a separate thread. Just waiting on an answer from Ssaass.

Gam3r 4 Life

Mar 5, 2011
Napa, California
no problem at all
you can post your theme in this thread :rolleyes:

Ok. The Threads owner asked me to post my themes, so here you go. The first one is a base of one of Sssaass's playstation ones, with rearranged buttons, and I added the Playstation logo as the mini apps button.

The 2nd is one I made myself with XBOX controller buttons, and the 360 logo as the mini apps button. The rest of the theme is stock (green notification area).

They are both done with a black background to hopefully avoid some of the burn in issues some people are having. I confirmed these work with the recently released nOObrOm for the 6810, and the stock rom. Hope you like them.

Last edited:

{Diemex}

Jan 30, 2011
Germany
Also confirming that the modded status bars do not work on n00b rom 1.0 for the 6810. The status bar disappears completely. :confused:

If someone could get the black bar with grey icons working, I'd be very grateful.
That's probably because n00b r0m is deodexed.
I could'nt get it to work either on magnolia beta, even with the odex file in system/app.
Sux, because most custom Roms are deodexed.

Top Liked Posts