[Arc/S] [PRO] Root for 4.0.4 ICS Update [4.1.B.0.431+4.1.B.0.587]

Search This thread

OverLo4d

Mar 25, 2012
Ness Ziona
i m still getting This Kind of Errors While rotting 4.0.3

have you enabled unknown sources and usb debugging?

Oh, really?? How amazing! Does it mean that not just microSD card content but also all my apps, data, call log,... and so on... everything intact? :)

only if you untick this option before flashing.

hey i want to root my xperia pro. could u please help me. i am a complete noob and have never rooted a phone. could give me a step by step tutorial on how to root my pro.

model number MK16i
build number 4.1.B.0.431
android 4.0.4 official

plz and thank you

you better ask aeonworld, he is the one who wrote the xperia pro tutorial.

hello,

First of all I would to thanks for the great tutorial here. I have only one question regarding the copy/paste of the files to the /system folder.

I've did all the 3 steps with out errors, after the reboot it keept telling me that the phone has been granted root persmission but when I want to move a file from the SDcard to /system or other folder I'm receiving an error: warning cannot move this file or something like this. I don't know why I'm getting this error because the phone is rooted :(

Can anyone help me out with some advices?

Thank you in advance!
BlackS0ull

have you mounted R/W in root explorer?

AeonWorld

Jun 11, 2009
Somewhere I Belong
hey i want to root my xperia pro. could u please help me. i am a complete noob and have never rooted a phone. could give me a step by step tutorial on how to root my pro.

model number MK16i
build number 4.1.B.0.431
android 4.0.4 official

plz and thank you

As you haven't rooted once you need adb drivers (try google it " adb sdk or adb drivers ") then flashtool, it's in the development section I think, then proceed as I said in the post

OR just download flashtool (around 143mb zip) and install all drivers from the drivers folder in the zip

Aeon

Last edited:

Silvermatrix

Oct 11, 2010
Pune
have you enabled unknown sources and usb debugging?

on 4.0.4 i have Done That All Precautions.
and on flashing 4.0.3 we Didn't erase User Data. Means All those Setting remains as It Is..BUT still the i m Getting ""System Is Read Only Like Something.."

if Anyone have Letest .431 Rooted Kernel..
then Please Provide it
that will be Much easier to get ROOT

OverLo4d

Mar 25, 2012
Ness Ziona
on 4.0.4 i have Done That All Precautions.
and on flashing 4.0.3 we Didn't erase User Data. Means All those Setting remains as It Is..BUT still the i m Getting ""System Is Read Only Like Something.."

if Anyone have Letest .431 Rooted Kernel..
then Please Provide it
that will be Much easier to get ROOT

you don't root the the kernel, you root the system. the 4.0.4 kernel prevents us from rooting the system, thats why we flash the 4.0.3 kernel before rooting.

nikolas13

Apr 2, 2012
Hello I had some trouble after the Root process with the apns using the "French Firmware Ready to Root" I was able to download the Internet connection settings from my provider but I coudn't change the Apn Manually. Settings terminated itself.

No Issues with "Global Firmware ready to Root"

My Place is Germany!

davird

Apr 26, 2012
KL
can u create a mirror for - ready to root 4.0.4 xperia arc - global
filefactory sucks big time.

bolto19

Jun 11, 2012
As you haven't rooted once you need adb drivers (try google it " adb sdk or adb drivers ") then flashtool, it's in the development section I think, then proceed as I said in the post

OR just download flashtool (around 143mb zip) and install all drivers from the drivers folder in the zip

Aeon

um sorry i didnt understand as i said im a noob. could be kind enough and give me links to the downloads
1. adb drivers
2. flashttool
3. the "FIND ANY 4.0.3 kernel , try downloading kernel file from NEO section"
plz and thank you

plopingo

May 12, 2010
Paris
Here a simple method to root 4.0.4

1. Flash your .ftf via Flashtool
2. Enter recovery: fastboot boot recoveryARC.img (if you don"t have a recovery) (in the package)
3. Sets scripts assets: ENABLED
4. Flash RootXperia.zip via recovery
5. Reboot and voila ! your device is rooted.

Why complicate when you can do it easily :D

mirror : https://www.box.com/s/a793deb4bb5d1c3b0648

Thx to fxp

OverLo4d

Mar 25, 2012
Ness Ziona
Here a simple method to root 4.0.4

1. Flash your .ftf via Flashtool
2. Enter recovery: fastboot boot recoveryARC.img (if you don"t have a recovery) (in the package)
3. Sets scripts assets: ENABLED
4. Flash RootXperia.zip via recovery
5. Reboot and voila ! your device is rooted.

Why complicate when you can do it easily :D

mirror : https://www.box.com/s/a793deb4bb5d1c3b0648

Thx to fxp

this is for unlocked bootloaders

sathurnn

Apr 8, 2010
Rome
Could be useful a ftf with only 4.0.3 kernel rather than the whole firmware package? It's better to download 4mb than 220mb!

Top Liked Posts