New Project - after all a Quick Peek

Search This thread

bepe

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 18, 2005
Munich
I'm working on this project for months (or is it already a year ???) now and this is after all a Quick Peek of the almost "Beta".

It's a GUI for the platformrebuilder.exe with additional functions for editing and new diagnostic functions.

It will be possible to extend the app with plugins (for all devs interested devs, the plug-in API will be public).
The main app is written in mixed code (managed and unmanaged c++), but plugins must be managed (VC++, VC, VB, ...)

All plugins and the GUI support translation... just need to make a new localization.en-us.xml for your language

Ok, pics tell more than words :D

1_packages.png

Packages:
- enable or disable packages
- Show content of packages, rename files or set file attributes, delete files, ...
- rename/delete packages
... and so on

2_regpreview.png

Registry Preview:
- builds a preview of the registry, like it will be on the device after flashing the rom
- includes .reg, .rgu, .provxml files
- filters for: reg, provxml and XIP, SYS, OEM, EXT
- it will show warnings or errors if there are any in the source files
- you can see if one package is overwriting registry entries of another package
... and so on

3_filepreview.png

File Preview:
- builds a preview of files on the device, like it will be on the device after flashing the rom
- includes .dat, .provxml files
- filters for: dat, provxml and XIP, SYS, OEM, EXT
- it will show warnings or errors if there are any in the source files
- you can see if one package is overwriting a file of another package
... and so on

4_Settings.png

Settings:
- Main settings and settings for the plugins
- Plug-in version information

5_output.png

Output:
- Shows the output of platformrebuilder.exe
- Also plugins can make new output containers, on this pic you see the output of the Execution plug-in (it is executing CreateRom.bat right now)

6_sod.png

This is another simple plug-in. Allows you to change the Shadow order of the packages... This plug-in adds a menu entry to the Tools menu

there is no release date yet, because I don't know how much time I'll have to work on this... beside my family and studying

Best regards bepe

:D

blazingwolf

Nov 11, 2006
Wow. That looks great. :D

I sure wish we could get something like that for Samsung phones. :(

bepe

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 18, 2005
Munich
Wow. That looks great. :D

I sure wish we could get something like that for Samsung phones. :(

there will also be an update for platformrebuilder.exe, fixing some problems that it had with some non HTC devices.

This GUI is basically for all WM devices that can flash custom roms, just making the OS file system... plug-ins can build the right rom then.

!Aman!

Retired Moderator
Feb 18, 2008
Brampton
this looks great :D
btw, thanks in advance (Transaction ID: 7X029103UB793424L) for another masterpiece ;)

12aon

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 24, 2008
This will be purely for rom building right, not for dumping roms per se?

Edit:
This GUI is basically for all WM devices that can flash custom roms, just making the OS file system... plug-ins can build the right rom then.

I guess that anwers my question right, it will allow plugin's for such things then?

Last edited:

Hikey

Feb 15, 2008
Will this kitchen protect all the roms?

Like prb ? remove all the .reloc section of modules ?

Is there any way to turn off the option?

I like your kitchen, but i dont like to protect my rom.

+ Que PPC

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 23, 2007
Guadalajara
es.youtube.com
WOW!!!!! I always think that you are an alien :p

It is awsome a simple preview of the files? its amazing I wonder if this New GUI could do some changes to the initflashfiles I mean... maybe if I want a shortcut here or there i could make it mannually and it affects directly to the initflash, (maybe its an impossible idea hehe :eek:) but seeing the images like an emulator I can imagine so much things.

Hope the kitchen has the same improvements as the Ervius and new tools that Da_G is working on... to make the process faster but this is a fantastic idea and its looking good.

Congrats man! a donation coming soon... to support the work :D

WoZZeR999

Dec 30, 2008
US, Michigan
Sweet, can't wait to give it a whirl when it's ready.

Slightly off topic, but since it's based on platformrebuilder, it's probably ok. Your old buildOS works great, but I can't get platformrebuilder to run provxml's after boot (ref here). I went through the normal steps to try to get it working, will this change file attribs and all that during boot time?

!Aman!

Retired Moderator
Feb 18, 2008
Brampton
Sweet, can't wait to give it a whirl when it's ready.

Slightly off topic, but since it's based on platformrebuilder, it's probably ok. Your old buildOS works great, but I can't get platformrebuilder to run provxml's after boot (ref here). I went through the normal steps to try to get it working, will this change file attribs and all that during boot time?
check the file attributes of mxip_system.vol, they should be +r +s