Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Error_Rebel

Feb 8, 2009
Berlin
www.ahmed-shoukry.com
Dear readers and members of XDA-Developers :D

After installing a new ROM I've decided to post my experience here and hope it will be useful for u.

I've a Sola device with Gingerbread 2.3 preinstalled.... all Stock ROMS (ICS , JB , GB) are piece of *$&%^ ... too laggy and not smooth at all...
I've a Galaxy Tab P1000 too and I was having the feeling that my Tab is 100 times better than my sola....
decided to root my device and installed an experience V2.1 from the XDA-Forum too ... a little bit laggy but still not satisfied, especially that the Graphics were worse than my HTC-Touch HD.... I was not able to play any 3D Mid-Heavy game on my Sola ,,,, Battery was perfect and all connections too... so... for the Experience V2.1 ROM:
Advantages:
1- Battery
2- All functions are working (NFC, BT, ......)
3- nice looked

Disadvantages:
1- sola restarts if it got a call while charging most of the time.
2- Graphics performance is the worst ever.
3- Touching while charging will be completely impossible (crazy) but I think there was a fix for it.
4- not smooth enough and sometimes laggy.
5- boot takes about 3 Minutes.

and now after installing the CM-10:
Advantages:
1- Battery
2- most of the functions are working (Wi-Fi, BT, ......)
3- nice looked
4- very very smooth.
5- Graphics performance is the best.
6- no crashes.
7- boots in 20 seconds or less.

Disadvantages:
1- NFC / Radio FM are not working.

This is the best ROM I've ever used... try it ... u'll like it... :cool: :good:

XqepX

Feb 22, 2012
Thansk @Error_Rebel for making this thread. I think it's not bad to have thread like this ;)

I also wanna share my experience with CM10 (by ShoaibAhmed)

Some words:
This ROM is just awesome! I never was such statisfied with a ROM like now. You can just trust on this ROM and everything works as it should (except NFC - which I can't even test/use because my NFC Chip is dead ^^ - and FM Radio).

Advantages:
-Best workflow I ever had
-No Call UI lags
-Great performance (benchmark, heavy games etc)

Disadvantages:
-Not the best battery life in my opinion
-There are no more for me ;)

Recommandations:
-CPU governor: abyssplug
-I/O scheduler: row
-CPU Frequencies: 200MHz - 1000MHz

Last words:
Probably the best ROM I ever used on my sola. I can just recommend this ROM to everyone out there! :)

pentoza

Mar 5, 2014
Hey guys,
Could you say just a few words about present versions of KitKat based ROMs? I'm looking for fast(*) and stable ROM, which can properly manage RAM on my device. But unfortunately I don't see yet enough polished one for my device. Even if I was trying to use tweaks such as Fly-On Mod it's still not looking too good. And maybe your proposition would suits me, but sincerely I really wanted to stay on KitKat...

Thanks! :)

(*) I mean faster than stock ICS which is really bad in my opinion. :rolleyes:
----
@Error_Rebel - you're writting only about two ROMs, you have installed on your Sola (besides the stock ones). Don't you think it's strange to read that this is "best ROM you've ever used"? It would be better to not read about Experience V2.1, but just about CM10 greatness. Cheers! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Error_Rebel

Error_Rebel

Feb 8, 2009
Berlin
www.ahmed-shoukry.com
Hey guys,
Could you say just a few words about present versions of KitKat based ROMs? I'm looking for fast(*) and stable ROM, which can properly manage RAM on my device. But unfortunately I don't see yet enough polished one for my device. Even if I was trying to use tweaks such as Fly-On Mod it's still not looking too good. And maybe your proposition would suits me, but sincerely I really wanted to stay on KitKat...

----
@Error_Rebel - you're writting only about two ROMs, you have installed on your Sola (besides the stock ones). Don't you think it's strange to read that this is "best ROM you've ever used"? It would be better to not read about Experience V2.1, but just about CM10 greatness. Cheers! :)

Many thanks lol98lol98 for your response .... :D u r right ..

pentoza ... I've installed:
1- GB - Stock - Very bad
2- ICS - Stock - same as the one before...
3- JB - Stock - bad ...
4- Experience V2.1
5- Experience Innovation (exactly as the Experience V2.1 only newer a little bit).
6- CM-10 - the best one ...

So my experience is based on six ROMs.... :)

Reactions: pentoza

pentoza

Mar 5, 2014
Many thanks lol98lol98 for your response .... :D u r right ..

pentoza ... I've installed:
1- GB - Stock - Very bad
2- ICS - Stock - same as the one before...
3- JB - Stock - bad ...
4- Experience V2.1
5- Experience Innovation (exactly as the Experience V2.1 only newer a little bit).
6- CM-10 - the best one ...

So my experience is based on six ROMs.... :)

After yours recommendation I wanted to test CM10 on my own... Unfortunately it's the first ROM where I have problems with WiFi connection. :eek:

OK, no problems anymore - after second installation it works like a charm. Strange, because I did everything the same like first time... I hope I will stay with CM10 a little longer than with KitKat based ones. THX! :p

Error_Rebel

Feb 8, 2009
Berlin
www.ahmed-shoukry.com
After yours recommendation I wanted to test CM10 on my own... Unfortunately it's the first ROM where I have problems with WiFi connection. :eek:

OK, no problems anymore - after second installation it works like a charm. Strange, because I did everything the same like first time... I hope I will stay with CM10 a little longer than with KitKat based ones. THX! :p

sure u will ... this ROM is perfect.... :D if u need any help I'm glad to be in ur mind.... :cowboy:

Reactions: pentoza

Error_Rebel

Feb 8, 2009
Berlin
www.ahmed-shoukry.com
@Error_Rebel,
Do you maybe know how to properly install Fly-On Mod on the CM10? I don't really understand the step with patching services.jar (patching wasn't necessary on KitKat based ROMs)...

How should I do this, because i feel like a real moron stucking od this step? Of course if you ever tried that modification. :p

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2226373

mmmm.... I'm sorry Pentoza .. :( I don't know about it at all ... just installed it as listed and that's it ...
what should this patch do? :confused:

bobafetthotmail

Feb 6, 2013
The best non-CM11 rom I've tried is SlimFXP's CM9. Stable, reliable, everything works (FM excluded as in any CM). Jelly bean roms can only hope to be as good as it is.

On any non-CM11 you need either Greenify or Appquarantine to keep trash apps frozen manually (appquarantine has widgets for easy freze-unfreeze of apps) or it won't deep-sleep properly (like say google services, Facebook, whatever keeps running and can't simply stay dead).

I tried various CM11 from the same dev (all ports, all the same kernel from munjeni I think)

Carbonkk, Hellkat and SlimKat

Carbon is buggy for me (cpu still maxed after a full day of letting it settle... all times I tried reflashing! nopenopenope!)

Hellkat is good but I'm not a fan of its UI and still needs some tweaking to behave.

SlimKat is boss (and also the one with latest update afaik). 800 mhz/200 mhz, Wheatley and Noop. Deep sleeps like a pro. Interface is a bit small but I like it (coming from SlimFXP CM9).
Is a bit slow to start apps after boot (like say Performance Control), but afterwards it's very smooth and responsive whatever I'm doing.

I also REALLY recommend to use Performance Control app to set android minfree task killer properly. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2401988
Even on CM9 android's own minfree task killer standard settings (bundled with kernel) are utter crap and stuff is terminated at random.

On SlimKat CM11 I can leave anything unfrozen and when i press the power button the thing goes to deep sleep within seconds and stays there.

Also android's own task killer is very good in CM11 Slimkat. Google trash is always loaded but always ready to be dumped if my apps need the space. Performance Control app is still needed for its settings and stuff, but Greenify or Appquarantine are no more.

Last edited:

Mons1990

May 18, 2013
Pianoro, Italy
SlimKat is boss (and also the one with latest update afaik). 800 mhz/200 mhz, Wheatley and Noop. Deep sleeps like a pro.

Interesting. Did you tried also the one mentioned before by Rodger Rulez? Now I use eXperience v2 by 6 month, but I want to switch to CM again (I used FXP's CM9 before) and I'd like to see CM11 working on my phone flawlessly. The problem (or the value, depending on pov) is that we've lots of ROMs like Rodjer's, Munjeni's, XperiaMT27'S, ecc. and it's not easy to find the best for me that i'm an abroad student and I've not much time to try as i did before.

pj.gomes

Dec 10, 2012
Braga
Interesting. Did you tried also the one mentioned before by Rodger Rulez? Now I use eXperience v2 by 6 month, but I want to switch to CM again (I used FXP's CM9 before) and I'd like to see CM11 working on my phone flawlessly. The problem (or the value, depending on pov) is that we've lots of ROMs like Rodjer's, Munjeni's, XperiaMT27'S, ecc. and it's not easy to find the best for me that i'm an abroad student and I've not much time to try as i did before.

Isntalled CM11 of Roger Rulez yesterday, I had from ICS begining.....and.....I not see to many differences concerning the speed in ram....however the look of KIKAT 4.4.2 is very cool, is just different.....but I'll keep in CM11 for some time, I not know that Slimkat.....please send me the link

Mons1990

May 18, 2013
Pianoro, Italy
Isntalled CM11 of Roger Rulez yesterday, I had from ICS begining.....and.....I not see to many differences concerning the speed in ram....however the look of KIKAT 4.4.2 is very cool, is just different.....but I'll keep in CM11 for some time, I not know that Slimkat.....please send me the link

Thank you for your report. Here you can find SlimKat. Bye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Dear readers and members of XDA-Developers :D

After installing a new ROM I've decided to post my experience here and hope it will be useful for u.

I've a Sola device with Gingerbread 2.3 preinstalled.... all Stock ROMS (ICS , JB , GB) are piece of *$&%^ ... too laggy and not smooth at all...
    I've a Galaxy Tab P1000 too and I was having the feeling that my Tab is 100 times better than my sola....
    decided to root my device and installed an experience V2.1 from the XDA-Forum too ... a little bit laggy but still not satisfied, especially that the Graphics were worse than my HTC-Touch HD.... I was not able to play any 3D Mid-Heavy game on my Sola ,,,, Battery was perfect and all connections too... so... for the Experience V2.1 ROM:
    Advantages:
    1- Battery
    2- All functions are working (NFC, BT, ......)
    3- nice looked

Disadvantages:
    1- sola restarts if it got a call while charging most of the time.
    2- Graphics performance is the worst ever.
    3- Touching while charging will be completely impossible (crazy) but I think there was a fix for it.
    4- not smooth enough and sometimes laggy.
    5- boot takes about 3 Minutes.

and now after installing the CM-10:
    Advantages:
    1- Battery
    2- most of the functions are working (Wi-Fi, BT, ......)
    3- nice looked
    4- very very smooth.
    5- Graphics performance is the best.
    6- no crashes.
    7- boots in 20 seconds or less.

Disadvantages:
    1- NFC / Radio FM are not working.

This is the best ROM I've ever used... try it ... u'll like it... :cool: :good:
    Thansk @Error_Rebel for making this thread. I think it's not bad to have thread like this ;)

I also wanna share my experience with CM10 (by ShoaibAhmed)

Some words:
    This ROM is just awesome! I never was such statisfied with a ROM like now. You can just trust on this ROM and everything works as it should (except NFC - which I can't even test/use because my NFC Chip is dead ^^ - and FM Radio).

Advantages:
    -Best workflow I ever had
    -No Call UI lags
    -Great performance (benchmark, heavy games etc)

Disadvantages:
    -Not the best battery life in my opinion
    -There are no more for me ;)

Recommandations:
    -CPU governor: abyssplug
    -I/O scheduler: row
    -CPU Frequencies: 200MHz - 1000MHz

Last words:
    Probably the best ROM I ever used on my sola. I can just recommend this ROM to everyone out there! :)
    4) No threads or posts asking for the best/most stable ROM/Kernel/Mod/whatever, or created for the purpose of comparing Phones/ROMs/Kernels/Mods/whatever:
    These threads/posts will be deleted promptly and without warning. They have a history of causing problems due to trolls, and fanboys, along with various troublemakers, and therefore are no longer allowed. Regardless of that, there is really no way to judge whether or not a particular piece of work is better than another because it's all relative to begin with. If you want to know what piece of work is better for you, install something and try it out for a while. If you don't like it, try something else. Our Developers work hard to provide us their contributions, free of charge. Please show them the respect they deserve by trying something out and giving them your feedback.​

This is posted in in ALL of the Sony / LG / Motorola General forums HERE
    Well well well :D i had tried a huge number of roms through the year i had owned my sola :)
    Regarding stock roms, really all of them sucks ...
    As for ics custom roms "stock based" i tired several ones i believe SXDXPEpper was the best, combining esthetics and performance, and good battery life :)

Jb stock based roms, all of them are a bit laggy and kindda bad ram managment :/ but great looks and battery life, among the available stable roms i found wolf rom to be the best among them :)

MIUI: well all i can say it is a great and AWESOME rom but our device cant handle it :(

Now to CM based roms and KK roms

Cm9 - AWESOME, really awesome performance, used it for a long time, but it's kinda old right now and i needed an update :)
    Cm10 by fxp, i didnt use it a lot, it was somehow to damn buggy
    Slimbean "cm10 based" i cant find its link now :/ but it was amazing ! Great performance, good battery life no major bugs

KK roms
    Carbon rom : except for the back button bug IT IS FREAKING great !! I love every part of it :) the custom-ability, overall performance is great, decent battery life, it survives around 16hrs of mild to heavy usage :) i used this rom for more than a month or 2 i just switched to slimkat yesterday to try it ...
    Slimkat: well some might say it is much better than carbon or hellkat, but i really dont think so! I flashed it yesterday (weekly-1) keyboard crashes a lot, and back button bug is still there and even worse while using facebook :( so i guess am going to get back to the mighty carbon rom :)
    Hellkat: as someone mentioned before, it is a great rom, but am not a fan of its UI :)
    Omni: well lets say i prefere carbon rom more :) :p

Yeah i know :p i write too much :D
    Conclusion: there is no rom that can satisfy 100% our needs but carbon rom, Cm9 by fxp, and SXDXPEpper would be my choice for a daily stable rom :)
    Hey guys,

----