★★ CROMi-X 7.x Q&A Thread ★★

Search This thread

JOTX10

Apr 15, 2012
You don't have to reinstall no. (although reinstalling doesn't take long and you can just install over the top so it will keep all your data)

If you want to reset the resolution open a terminal emulator (install one form the market if you don't have one)

Type the following:

Code:
su
wm density reset
wm size reset
====================
Hi sbdags,

Thnx, this code works fine and the apps understand the screen-HW again. Is there a way to (re)set the screen to a much lower resolution for sometimes I have to connect the tab to an 'old' monitor and the super resolution 2600x1900 is way beyond their capabilities :(

Regards,

JOTX10

sbdags

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
====================
Hi sbdags,

Thnx, this code works fine and the apps understand the screen-HW again. Is there a way to (re)set the screen to a much lower resolution for sometimes I have to connect the tab to an 'old' monitor and the super resolution 2600x1900 is way beyond their capabilities :(

Regards,

JOTX10

Yes use the above codes but substitute the first one with dpi you want. And the second with the res like 1920x1200.

Dpi = x resolution / 8

Reactions: JOTX10

DarkCecil

May 2, 2014
New digitizer, X-axis inverted

So, I recently broke and have since replaced the digitizer on my 701 (using CRomi-X). But now it seems the X axis of the touch screen has flipped. Every gesture is mirrored along the Y axis. I know a similar problem has occurred with the TF201 as well. I was wondering, is there a possibility of a modded kernel release to compensate for an inverted X axis?
Thanks,

-DarkCecil

sbdags

Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
So, I recently broke and have since replaced the digitizer on my 701 (using CRomi-X). But now it seems the X axis of the touch screen has flipped. Every gesture is mirrored along the Y axis. I know a similar problem has occurred with the TF201 as well. I was wondering, is there a possibility of a modded kernel release to compensate for an inverted X axis?
Thanks,

-DarkCecil

Do we know what @flumpster did for the TF201 to invert the axis? @that any ideas?

tusker

Oct 16, 2007
Do we know what @flumpster did for the TF201 to invert the axis? @that any ideas?

It's a simple kernel patch:

diff --git a/drivers/input/touchscreen/atmel_maxtouch.c b/drivers/input/touchscreen/atmel_maxtouch.c
index 30238aa..96a65bf 100644
--- a/drivers/input/touchscreen/atmel_maxtouch.c
+++ b/drivers/input/touchscreen/atmel_maxtouch.c
@@ -1842,6 +1842,8 @@ void process_T9_message(u8 *message, struct mxt_data *mxt, int last_touch)
if (mxt->max_y_val < 1024)
ypos >>= 2;

+ // invert x-axis
+ xpos = mxt->max_x_val - xpos;
stored_x[touch_number] = xpos;
stored_y[touch_number] = ypos;
fingerInfo[touch_number].x=xpos;

The easiest option is to have two different kernels built, and have aroma choose it.

Otherwise, you can create a more dynamic patch, to detect the hardware version of the panel, and invert automatically. I had this patch laying around, but have lost it, so I can't tell you what version to use.

If you compare the dmesg output for the inverted tf201, and a "normal" one, then we can add C code to dynamically invert the x-axis and not have to worry about different kernels.

Reactions: sbdags

IvanVd

Oct 6, 2014
x-axis inverted

diff --git a/drivers/input/touchscreen/atmel_maxtouch.c b/drivers/input/touchscreen/atmel_maxtouch.c
@@ -1842,6 +1842,8 @@ void process_T9_message(u8 *message, struct mxt_data *mxt, int last_touch)
ypos >>= 2;

+ // invert x-axis

The easiest option is to have two different kernels built, and have aroma choose it.

Otherwise, you can create a more dynamic patch, to detect the hardware version of the panel, and invert automatically. I had this patch laying around, but have lost it, so I can't tell you what version to use.

If you compare the dmesg output for the inverted tf201, and a "normal" one, then we can add C code to dynamically invert the x-axis and not have to worry about different kernels.

-----------------------------------------
I have the same problem after replacing the digitizer screen of my son's tf701.
I am familiar with rooting and custom roms on my tf201, but writing a patch for this problem is way out of my league!
If somebody could write a patch, i would be grateful!
Than i could root the tf701, and install a custom rom en patch the problem...

norkle

May 12, 2011
nvflash backup ?

I know how to perform nvflash / wheelie backup on TF700T.

Does the TF701T have a similar nvflash backup procedure? What should I do to perform full backup prior to update bootloader/unlock/recovery/cromi-x7 ?

A long-time user of CROMi-X on TF700T (and now CROMBi-KK). Anything I need to know about important differences on TF701T?

LucidDementia

Oct 9, 2014
Telford
-----------------------------------------
I have the same problem after replacing the digitizer screen of my son's tf701.
I am familiar with rooting and custom roms on my tf201, but writing a patch for this problem is way out of my league!
If somebody could write a patch, i would be grateful!
Than i could root the tf701, and install a custom rom en patch the problem...

I imagine you would be one of many grateful folk! I'm in a similar situation; I'm not used to being unable to fix things on my own. :(

berndblb

Nov 22, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
I know how to perform nvflash / wheelie backup on TF700T.

Does the TF701T have a similar nvflash backup procedure?
The short answer is no. There is no nvflash backup for the TF701.
What should I do to perform full backup prior to update bootloader/unlock/recovery/cromi-x7 ?
Backup your personal data.
Unlock and flash CWM.
Make a nandroid of your stock rom.
Wipe
Flash CROMI-X
A long-time user of CROMi-X on TF700T (and now CROMBi-KK). Anything I need to know about important differences on TF701T?
Except for different BL and recovery versions they are very much the same. Only the TF701 runs much better ?

Reactions: norkle

norkle

May 12, 2011
The short answer is no. There is no nvflash backup for the TF701.

Awesome, that's the news I wanted to hear.

Except for different BL and recovery versions they are very much the same. Only the TF701 runs much better ?

Noticed that already. I have to say _that and sdbags and everyone who contributed to the efforts to improve TF700T's i/o and everything else, did do a fantastic job. Unfortunately the TF700T just got to the point where I couldn't use it for what I needed (heavy lifting of large PDF's and switching between apps a lot). The TF701 is a lot faster even without CROMi-X, but looking forward to the tweaks to come.

norkle

May 12, 2011
Up and running on CROMi-X 7.0.3 - anyone else notice a few hiccups?

Unlocked and up on CROMi-X 7.0.3 now. Fantastic work everyone involved.

I had some hiccups flashing the CWM recovery 6.0.5.1 with fastboot, ended up booting to the recovery over fastboot to install CROMi, then later flashing recovery with fastboot worked fine. I think the problem was with rebooting after the flash. I was also working with the tablet in the dock at first. After a few problems I removed it and kept it that way during install. Anyone else seen this?

FWIW, the basic steps were:
* Updated Asus firmware to WW_epaduser_V11_4_1_17_updatelauncher (Android 4.4.2)
* Unlocked with Asus unlock tool
* Fastboot flashed CWM Recovery 6.0.5.1
* CWM Recovery install of CROMi-X 7.0.3

Also at first I was confused by the CROMi-X Aroma installer - it didn't respond to touch. I thought maybe the recovery was causing problems and so I wasted time trying to fix that. After experimenting with Aroma again I realised I could operate it using Vol+/- & Power. Is this normal?

I'm a TF700T CROMi/CROMBi user as well, and so did my Quadrant testing along the way. At this stage I'm not seeing much difference between Asus 4.4.2 and CROMi-X - is this to be expected? I'm using the Stock tweaked kernel and I have disabled journaling (didn't see the journaling make a difference).

I've recorded the Aroma installer options, as I like to keep a record of what I've flashed for if I re-flash (kernels, system vs data apps etc). If I can wrangle tables on here I could post them if anyone is interested.

berndblb

Nov 22, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
There is no recovery with touch interface for this tablet. The recovery partition is too small for recovery + necessary drivers. We have to live with the button interface - unfortunately.
Don't get hung up on Quadrant. If it was about speed, I would not have unlocked this tablet at all. For me it's about control and customization options (can't live without forward delete for example) :D

tcorless

Jun 9, 2008
Just got my tf701t, I love the tablet but the dock not so much. I have the wobble and disconnect form keyboard. I am going to try Joep's kit. I hopes it helps.

But one thing that concerns me, when it goes to sleep when docked, it never wakes up. I have to hold the power button down until it reboots. And when it comes back up it says it is not docked. Anyone else had this?

I have not rooted it yet, could that help with it waking up when docked? Stock is better than my tf700t with its touch screen going bad. I hope it is not a hardware problem with the keyboard. The dock version is DOCK-EC32T-0205, are there other versions that are better or worse?

Thanks
_Tim

IvanVd

Oct 6, 2014
inverted x-axis after replacing touchscreen

ypos >>= 2;

+ // invert x-axis

on my tf701t the touchscreen version = raydium
I found the driver file (in the kernel files- Raydium RM31080 touchscreen driver ) and the code (void raydium_report_pointer(void *p)) where the touch coordinates are captured .
I tried to build/compile stock source to rom but I have many errors where I can't find an answer for.
I want to build a clean version first and flash it to my tf701t for testing, before i compile a changed version.
But i'm stuck in the part where i have to compile a clean version. If I read this forum, it seems so simple... I keep on trying.

Reactions: LucidDementia

IvanVd

Oct 6, 2014
dmesg uitput from a inverted-x-axis-tf701t

ypos >>= 2;

+ // invert x-axis

i place here my dmesg output file from my tf701 with inverted x-axis, maybe someone can use it to write the code????
I'm still trying to write a clean rom...

update: i've build with succes my first bootimage (kernel) that works wit the latest cm11-build, now i can build a new kernel with a modified touchscreen-driver

i've solved my problem wit the inverted x-axis!!!!!
i've changed my driver for the touchscreen en builded succesfull a new kernel!
for anyone who have the same problem, you can test it with a unlocked tf701t, cm11-rom, and using "fastboot boot invx-boot.img" and flash it with fastboot flash boot invx-boot.img"

Attachments

• dmesg.txt
    128 KB · Views: 172
  • invx-boot.img
    4.4 MB · Views: 166
Last edited:
Reactions: gparts.com.ua

gparts.com.ua

Dec 9, 2014
THX !!!!

i place here my dmesg output file from my tf701 with inverted x-axis, maybe someone can use it to write the code????
I'm still trying to write a clean rom...

update: i've build with succes my first bootimage (kernel) that works wit the latest cm11-build, now i can build a new kernel with a modified touchscreen-driver

i've solved my problem wit the inverted x-axis!!!!!
i've changed my driver for the touchscreen en builded succesfull a new kernel!
for anyone who have the same problem, you can test it with a unlocked tf701t, cm11-rom, and using "fastboot boot invx-boot.img" and flash it with fastboot flash boot invx-boot.img"

Hello friend, thx a lot
as i can see let me suggest you are a speak in russian (Спасибо помогло :))
well just one wish could you please tell me which exactly file did you correct, or even better if you could please share this corrected file here it would be really greate. Thanks in advance. Awaiting your reply ...

berndblb

Nov 22, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Hello friend, thx a lot
as i can see let me suggest you are a speak in russian (Спасибо помогло :))
well just one wish could you please tell me which exactly file did you correct, or even better if you could please share this corrected file here it would be really greate. Thanks in advance. Awaiting your reply ...
The boot image is attached to the post right above yours :D

IvanVd

Oct 6, 2014
More info

The boot image is attached to the post right above yours :D

the file i've corrected was the Raydium RM31080 touchscreen driver. (rm31080a_ts.c in the kernel map - \kernel\drivers\input\touchscreen)
I changed:

input_report_abs(g_input_dev, ABS_MT_POSITION_X, spTP->usX) to
input_report_abs(g_input_dev, ABS_MT_POSITION_X, (iMaxX - (spTP->usX)))

then i've recompiled the rom

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CROMi-X 6.0 Final Released!

CHANGE LOG
    03/02/2014 CROMi-X v6.0 Final Full ROM
    o Packaged all the changes since beta2 into full rom
    o 3 Kernels are availble as options: Modded Stock, Mooded CM and Stock
    o Added build.prop Force GPU to Disable Software Rendering option
    o Added phab7 Xposed module to allow Tablet GUI!
    o Updated touch pressure scale back to 0.001 in build.prop
    o Updated GravityBox to version 2.9.4
    o Updated ES File Explorer to version 3.1.0.1
    o Updated DropBox to version 2.3.12.10
    o Updated Apex Launcher to version 2.3.0
    o Updated Nova Launcher to version 2.3
    o Updated Asus Miracast to version 1.0.6
    o Fixed missing FaceLock permissions in installer
    o Fixed symlinks not triggering due to unmounted /system in installer

Enjoy!! :D :good:

Tablet UI is back! :D

lkwMVWk.png

ninM2MR.png
    CROMi-X Reodexer Released

CROMi-X REODEXER DOWNLOAD

Rather than release a whole new rom I made a small flashable zip file that will take CROMi-X DEODEX and ODEX the framework and system apks. This way you can do it yourself :D (And save me lots of work)

It takes about 5 mins to do and the result afterwards is you have a fully ODEXED rom. The odexed version feels smoother than the DEODEX version to me :) Although theoretically it should make no difference. ;)

Instructions: Flash the DEODEX ROM then flash this after and reboot (Remember it takes about 5 mins to reodex a rom fully)

TF701T CWM ODEX Flashable Zip

Don't try this on a CM11 based rom or a non Asus 4.3 based rom as it will cause boot loops ;)

Click here to discover which is best : ODEX or DEODEX
    Aiming to get a patch out for beta 3 this weekend. Got a few more tweaks sorted for performance as well as other bug fixes :)
    I have created a tutoriel based on yours Sdbags, on Frandroid to help french users who want flash your rom !
    Thanks a lot for your work ! Very stable and smooth
    Could I kindly ask, whether is the possibility to activate ICS tablet UI - move buttons to left and notification to bottom right? Thanks.

oh i got you bro, install and activate with xposed installer

open the app and choose the tablet option, dont use phone, it will force close UI

GV8zkpV.jpg

it works okay