[REQ] Mod HFA activation to think phone is provisioned

Search This thread

suzook

Jan 25, 2010
Wondering if a DEV could figure out how to think my epic has been provisioned for data on HFA? I have an epic working on verizon. The only way to get data working is sending an mms...this in turn makes the phone believe it has been provisioned, and data works. I have to do this on every reboot...I believe it is due to the HFA not telling the phone/rom it is activated. I currently have the HFA "frozen" using titanium, so i dont get the annoying popup. I would greatly appreciate any help or guidance.

Last edited:

david7586

Oct 30, 2007
did you manually program the phone yourself? if so, then make sure the provisioning settings are set on a profile other than 0. If profile 0 is active, then i believe the phone is gonna try to sync with sprint servers

drewX2

Feb 28, 2006
San Diego
This is a bit OT, but how did you get it working on Verizon? I don't mean programming wise, rather them allowing the ESN on the network? Is Verizon more lax than Sprint? Is there a similar workaround to get Verizon phones on Sprint?

Lots o' questions...

nobloat

Oct 14, 2010
This is a bit OT, but how did you get it working on Verizon? I don't mean programming wise, rather them allowing the ESN on the network? Is Verizon more lax than Sprint? Is there a similar workaround to get Verizon phones on Sprint?

Lots o' questions...

Easier than you can imagine. I have my Epic working on SERO also which isn't allowed either.

None of this can be discussed on this forum, however.

Poryhack

Jul 22, 2010

Lots o' questions...
He most likely changed his MEID to a that of a "donor" Verizon phone. It's illegal blah blah...

Poryhack

Jul 22, 2010
I've heard of this, but I believe its rarely practiced (and extremely difficult).
I can't speak for the difficulty of changing providers (as that involves a bit more then just "cloning" the phone) but judging by the fact that at least 3 people in this thread have messed with their MEID I have to disagree on its rarity. It might seem rare because the laws are supposedly stricter on this then, say, warez...

muyoso

Oct 23, 2007
Wish I would have known this was possible before switching to Sero premium and paying 20 dollars a month extra for no reason. Damn.

nobloat

Oct 14, 2010
Your welcome :)

Anyhow, I know how to change ESNs, but prefer not to do so. I thought there was a way to get them to add the ESN to their database. Therefore, nothing to see, move along...
If you knew how to already you wouldn't have PMed me asking me how. It's not a secret or anything, just not widely discussed. Use GOOGLE.
It's SERO... 30$/month for 500min, nights & weekends @ 6pm, unl text, and unl data.
Wish I would have known this was possible before switching to Sero premium and paying 20 dollars a month extra for no reason. Damn.
You pay 20$ extra for 4G and also Anymobile.

drewX2

Feb 28, 2006
San Diego
I thought there was a way of convincing them to add the ESN to their database. I am not into swindling carriers for services, nor illegally changing my ESN. However, your decisions are yours alone.

I'll continue to pay for my services because I can afford to do so. One day when you grow up, you will too. Nonetheless, thanks for your douche response!

keeepinitgansta

May 15, 2007
In order to get rid of HFA make sure that you get a data profile on the phone.

goto your dialer and put in ##3272# and enter in your verizon details.

dslisfree

Sep 29, 2008
Try ##data# > work mode > change "not provision" to either "cdma" or "wimax/cdma" must know your spc/msl code.

OR use an app like titanium backup pro (must be rooted) to remove the sprint .apk app that deals with hands free activation.

Report if that will fix your issue.

Poryhack

Jul 22, 2010
I thought there was a way of convincing them to add the ESN to their database. I am not into swindling carriers for services, nor illegally changing my ESN. However, your decisions are yours alone.

I'll continue to pay for my services because I can afford to do so. One day when you grow up, you will too. Nonetheless, thanks for your douche response!
I've gotta say yours seems a hell of a lot douche-ier then his. I don't understand why people are so content with carrier bull****. If I have to break the rules just so I'm not paying for a service I can't even use (4G) then I will.

4G is just the most potent instance, I could go on and on...