Carbon Rom 4.4.2 Q&A thread

Search This thread
Nov 9, 2013
New Delhi
where can i find the kernel for this rom?

---------- Post added at 12:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:59 AM ----------

while installing it says installation aborted the rom is for neo v n this is an arc
but i am using neo v!!

vmadanmohan

Nov 7, 2012
Mumbai
Is fixed now.. Will work fine in alpha 2. :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

Dear Vishal,
Good work. Your super fusion kernel is excellent. Do you plan to use that for say Alpha 2 release? Are you working on FM and video recording issues too? Also, I have seen FM application is not at all impressive in JB ROMs when compared with ICS ROMs. Is it possible to get that working on Kitkat ROM? Tx n regds,

V

Vatsal

Dear Vishal,
Good work. Your super fusion kernel is excellent. Do you plan to use that for say Alpha 2 release? Are you working on FM and video recording issues too? Also, I have seen FM application is not at all impressive in JB ROMs when compared with ICS ROMs. Is it possible to get that working on Kitkat ROM? Tx n regds,

Superfusion is for jb 4.1.2 while carbon is 4.4.2 so thats the point where you are mistaken.
System only boots when rom and kernel are in right combo
Like kitkat rom then kitkat kernel
Jb 4.1.2 rom then cm10 based kernel
And fm and video are hard to be fixed as it needs source edits and some lib files which even mike is figuring out .. Lets hope OP can fix it in next alpha release

Cheers,
Vatsal

vmadanmohan

Nov 7, 2012
Mumbai
Superfusion is for jb 4.1.2 while carbon is 4.4.2 so thats the point where you are mistaken.
System only boots when rom and kernel are in right combo
Like kitkat rom then kitkat kernel
Jb 4.1.2 rom then cm10 based kernel
And fm and video are hard to be fixed as it needs source edits and some lib files which even mike is figuring out .. Lets hope OP can fix it in next alpha release

Cheers,
Vatsal

I understand that Vatsal. I made a mistake by writing super fusion kernel while I was meaning an equivalent of that kind which works on Kitkat. Thanks for correcting me. I am currently using SJB 8 with super fusion kernel and like it a lot except the FM interface which is kind of dumb. I hope FM & Video issues are sorted out soon.

V

Vatsal

I understand that Vatsal. I made a mistake by writing super fusion kernel while I was meaning an equivalent of that kind which works on Kitkat. Thanks for correcting me. I am currently using SJB 8 with super fusion kernel and like it a lot except the FM interface which is kind of dumb. I hope FM & Video issues are sorted out soon.

FM and video recording the developers are looking into it. Lets hope they fix it soon.

Cheers,
Vatsal

SurajH

Sep 4, 2012
what abt GAPPS
can i flash MIKES GAPPS in 4.4.2 build of carbon????
plz HELP

THANKS in advance

Last edited:

tahassadi

Dec 13, 2013
Hallon patch

This is for neo v.....what about hallon....can you please provide patch for it?...neo v and neo have different camera libs...so camera gets inverted on installing on neo(MT15i)

deccan451

Jan 31, 2013
hyderabad
Redmi Note 8
Redmi Note 10
This is for neo v.....what about hallon....can you please provide patch for it?...neo v and neo have different camera libs...so camera gets inverted on installing on neo(MT15i)

dude there is separate ROM for us included camera patch in it .. just need to edit neo v name as neo, mt11i as mt15i and haida as hallon in build properties :good:

Top Liked Posts