[RECOVERY] ClockWorkMod v5.5.0.4, v6.0.0.3 and v6.0.0.0 Touch (Alpha)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Adam77Root

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 3, 2012
Hi everybody!

This is my first thread here on XDA. I would like to share this recovery with you. I compiled it from the (almost) newest CM9 sources.

Most of the functions work. You can make backups to internal and external SD card perfectly.

Known issues:
- You cannot install updates from external SD card, because it is mounted to /emmc, not /sdcard/external_sd. This is mainly because I use adb mostly for transferring files and it is more practical for me to push my files into /sdcard. However, it is not so hard to fix this.

Install:
- Put the attached file to your SD card and flash with CWM. I don't know if it works with CWM v4.0.0.2, it is fine with v5.5.0.4 :D I will upload the img if the zip doesn't work.

UPDATE:
I have successfully compiled CWM v6.0.0.0 Touch using http://builder.clockworkmod.com
However, I do not recommend it, because the default compilation environment set up by the site is not the most appropriate for our device (For example: It compiles for generic armeabi, not armeabi-v7a). But it works. You have to wait some seconds before it gets responsive for touch.
It is uploaded into attachments now.

UPDATE 1:
I fixed the home button (there was a typo in the source :eek:) and the internal and external SD card swap. The new zip is attached. My versioning starts with v0, but it isn't marked. This is the v1 version.

UPDATE 2:
Touch version updated with internal and external SD card swap fix. The old versions are removed.

UPDATE 3:
I've just compiled v6.0.0.3 from sources. I haven't noticed any big changes compared to v5.5.0.4 yet. It seems very stable after some initial testing. Added to attachments.

Every custom modification to devices have risks. Flash this at your own risk!

Have fun and enjoy! :)

Attachments

• CWMv5.5.0.4_v1.zip
    4.7 MB · Views: 23,254
  • CWMv6.0.0.0_v1.zip
    4.8 MB · Views: 6,639
  • CWMv6.0.0.3.zip
    5 MB · Views: 13,779
Last edited:

bhargav143

Mar 6, 2011
Berhampur
Sorry friend... It has some bugs.. The centre key does not work.. And the soft keys toggle automatically...making it difficult to use...

I would prefer going back to cwm 4... Which has no bugs at all...for our galaxy r....

Sent from my GT-I9103 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: androidlover2012

D™

May 23, 2012
▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █ Watching You @!@
Sorry friend... It has some bugs.. The centre key does not work.. And the soft keys toggle automatically...making it difficult to use...

I would prefer going back to cwm 4... Which has no bugs at all...for our galaxy r....

Sent from my GT-I9103 using xda app-developers app

hey buddy, as per Bhargav143, this CWM has some bugs & Home botton is not working..so try to fix these bugs..please..& if you can, please make it touch..:highfive:

Reactions: chandrus1983

D™

May 23, 2012
he already posted bugs, y repeating it and making useless posts :confused:

Can you read second one what I have asked..?? "hey buddy, as per Bhargav143, this CWM has some bugs & Home botton is not working..so try to fix these bugs..please..& if you can, please make it touch.

& also If I mentioned something which earlier asked by someone, so what bad in this:confused:, I need that so I mentioned:D, many times few things repeats, so dont be panic buddy:cyclops:..just try to be chilled buddy..:p

I never try to spam the thread..just making thing compalsory..

ZeXzr

Apr 18, 2012
Zrenjanin
Creating thread problem ok, fine, writing post is also problem ???
the MOD himself is not telling anything but others are !!
Dnt knw what is problem in writing comments/post

Problem is that some just write and write and write and most of what it does not make sense. The point is not just something to write and write, but write that makes sense. Write when you can help and when you will say something smart, not to write to each thread as soon as someone write something.

Reactions: xlm13x

Adam77Root

Jul 3, 2012
Does anybody know where can I find sources for CWM touch? I'm trying it now with the online builder, but doubt that it will work.

It says ICS kernel is needed.

Update:
It works! The first post has been updated! Check out CWM Touch v6.0.0.0!:)

Last edited:
Reactions: Metatrone

'cooleagle'

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 19, 2012
Does anybody know where can I find sources for CWM touch? I'm trying it now with the online builder, but doubt that it will work.

It says ICS kernel is needed.

Update:
It works! The first post has been updated! Check out CWM Touch v6.0.0.0!:)

Hi buddy,

Thanks for developing for our device. :) I don't know how much this will help but you could have a chat with Chainfire or 'codeworxx'(Cyanogen MOD ROMs ). They have successfully made recoveries for many devices. Both of them post in Galaxy S2 & S3 Development section.

I'm not doubting your work but you could solve the bugs faster if they help / guide you from their experience. :)

Cheers !

Reactions: bhargav143 and D™

D™

May 23, 2012
Problem is that some just write and write and write and most of what it does not make sense. The point is not just something to write and write, but write that makes sense. Write when you can help and when you will say something smart, not to write to each thread as soon as someone write something.

See bro, First of all what I gonna write, will not pointing to u or to anybody in XDA.:eek:
What if we are forcing somebody to write..??:silly: You can check in Any section we have lots of comments / replies over same topics were strached & when we are in need & asking someone it doesn't mean we are spaming the threads. several times in "DEV section" or any section, we just asking DEVs to provide the "whatever we are in NEED". it doesn;t means we are making nonSense comments. so, there is need to understand the comments & requirement of the user.

please dont mind it. I am not pointing anyone..just making understand that what are we doing now a days.:(

---------- Post added at 04:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 PM ----------

Hi buddy,

Thanks for developing for our device. :) I don't know how much this will help but you could have a chat with Chainfire or 'codeworxx'(Cyanogen MOD ROMs ). They have successfully made recoveries for many devices. Both of them post in Galaxy S2 & S3 Development section.

I'm not doubting your work but you could solve the bugs faster if they help / guide you from their experience. :)

Cheers !

Nice suggestion buddy..:D

mj.vikram

Mar 2, 2012
XDA 24 X 7
About ClockworkMod Recovery 6

The recovery builder (Koushik Dutta) is now building version 6 of the recovery. The main changes are as follows:

Backups are much faster. 4-5x faster. (Bug fix due to excessive status updates of the UI and new backup technique)
Incremental backups are smaller. Way way smaller. Only 15-20MB each for each additional backup of a ROM. This is done using a new tool I wrote to dedupe the files between incremental backups to eliminate duplicates.

Source: https://plus.google.com/103583939320326217147/posts/cPF6gkmpM9m

Friend this is the latest version and only Galaxy Nexus is having this build, so we can expect some bugs...

@Adam thanks for the V6 build:good:, take your own time for fixing the Bug's ...

xlm13x

Mar 4, 2012
XDA 24 X 7
its not about communicating, its about posting useless posts which is not required. repeating thing which is already said doesnt makes any sense.
and about mod, he is handling many devices not only galaxy r so he cant provide his full attention here.

and about communicating we are on XDA not on facebook. if u r not going to post something helpful or useful information, than better dont post just for communicating. for communication there are sites like facebook and twitter not XDA :)

Last edited:
Reactions: vbz89 and ZeXzr

Adam77Root

Jul 3, 2012
Hi buddy,

Cheers !

Thanks for the advice! I'll contact them in the next days. However, I won't be at home for a week from tomorrow and thus won't have access to my files.

Sent from my GT-I9103

Reactions: 'cooleagle'

xlm13x

Mar 4, 2012
XDA 24 X 7
if u want to contact those devs on IRC, here are links. most of time they are there and we can chat direct online with em.

supercurio: http://webchat.freenode.net/?nick=xdauser&channels=project-voodoo&prompt=1

chainfire: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#xda-devs

cyanogenmod network: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=cyanogenmod

---------- Post added at 06:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 PM ----------

@adam do u have good knowledge of compiling kernels?

wkpark have made linux 3.x kernel for tegra2 SoC. but it is meant for g2x. i have contacted g2x devs and wkpark his self but those guys r not interested in our device.

if u r interested in kernels than look at his repos at github and if possible try to port it to galaxy r. we have ardatdat, who is only kernel dev in our community right now and great thing is he is also owner of sgr. if u need some help he will surely help u.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everybody!

This is my first thread here on XDA. I would like to share this recovery with you. I compiled it from the (almost) newest CM9 sources.

Most of the functions work. You can make backups to internal and external SD card perfectly.

Known issues:
    - You cannot install updates from external SD card, because it is mounted to /emmc, not /sdcard/external_sd. This is mainly because I use adb mostly for transferring files and it is more practical for me to push my files into /sdcard. However, it is not so hard to fix this.

Install:
    - Put the attached file to your SD card and flash with CWM. I don't know if it works with CWM v4.0.0.2, it is fine with v5.5.0.4 :D I will upload the img if the zip doesn't work.

UPDATE:
    I have successfully compiled CWM v6.0.0.0 Touch using http://builder.clockworkmod.com
    However, I do not recommend it, because the default compilation environment set up by the site is not the most appropriate for our device (For example: It compiles for generic armeabi, not armeabi-v7a). But it works. You have to wait some seconds before it gets responsive for touch.
    It is uploaded into attachments now.

UPDATE 1:
    I fixed the home button (there was a typo in the source :eek:) and the internal and external SD card swap. The new zip is attached. My versioning starts with v0, but it isn't marked. This is the v1 version.

UPDATE 2:
    Touch version updated with internal and external SD card swap fix. The old versions are removed.

UPDATE 3:
    I've just compiled v6.0.0.3 from sources. I haven't noticed any big changes compared to v5.5.0.4 yet. It seems very stable after some initial testing. Added to attachments.

Every custom modification to devices have risks. Flash this at your own risk!

Have fun and enjoy! :)
    There is only one bug in v6. Internal and external SD cards are swapped. I'll upload a fixed in 10 minutes.

UPDATE:
    It is up.

Sent from my GT-I9103
    The news about CWM v6 will be soon on XDA portal hopefully with a mention of this thread, Adam & Galaxy R. :D

Cheers !
    Thanks for the feedbacks! I will fix the home key today. I totally forgot it, because I got used to the power key and the back button. I will also fix installing from external SD.
    Since we do not have the sources for CWMv6, I cannot tweak it fully for our device. For now, I think that the late touch responsiveness is because that we don't have ICS kernel. The builder says it is needed, but it works with the stock one too.:D

Sent from my GT-I9103