#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, broken hearts,
* thermonuclear war, you getting fired because the alarm app failed, or 
* unfulfilled sexual partners. Please do some research if you have any 
* concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are
* choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me
* for messing up your device, I will point that finger back at you and laugh. 
* Then I will put it in your eye.
*/

By using the ROM you agree with the above terms!

credits.png

Click on the thanks button to their posts!
  • Dao Thanh Duy ( @daothanhduy1996 ), first and foremost for his contributions to the NILTMT kernel, providing his device and kernel source trees and for having done such a good job that I had almost no problems compiling cm-11.0 with them. His help has also been essential to figuring out issues on IRC. This ROM would not have been possible without him
  • The Cyanogenmod team and everyone who has contributed to the project. I merely ported their ROM, they receive all your thanks.
  • Brian ( @sunsurfer42 ) for this extremely generous donation of TWO dev phones in addition to 2 extra batteries. He even refused when I offered to pay for shipping. This ROM would not be available to you guys without him.
  • Rick ( @GFX.myst. ) for providing the awesome graphics for our team and this thread! He even made us a new CM11 Unofficial logo :D
  • David LaMontagne ( @DJLamontagneIII ) for his awesome kernel source
  • @JustArchi for his optimizations and his Linaro repositories which were used in the making of this ROM
  • @Beastmode for the source code he left with us. At one point he was the only active developer for this phone. I still miss seeing his contributions (Proton Kernel anyone?)
  • @bhundven , @jeffsf , @m4xm4n , @AntonX , and @RaverX3X for all the time and effort they put into this phone. We're still using their source code to this day

features-issues.png

Features:
  • Missing non-essential apps such as wallpapers to free up space in the /system partition
  • Android KitKat 4.4.4 built from source with the latest updates
  • Compiled with Linaro 4.7 using -O2 optimizations on both the THUMB and ARM targets. This means that most of the ROM, not just the kernel, receive these optimizations
  • Debloated, removed a bunch of wallpapers, the NFC, Torch and Video Editor apps

Issues:

• All of the Aries bugs still plaguing this phone, including:
  • Charging animation broken
  • No smooth HD video recording
  • TV out not tested
  • Won't make your phone have a quad core processor

instructions.png

If you're still on Gingerbread or older, follow lumin's guide here. You need CWM 5 with the blue text:
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=21953878&postcount=2
Once you have blue CWM5, just flash the ROM. It will automatically continue flashing using TWRP once your phone restarts. After the flash is done the phone will continue to boot into CM11, no need for a 2nd flash.

If you're already on any ROM newer than ICS, just follow the instructions below.
  1. Download the ROM and optionally gapps and put them on your SD Card
  2. Make a backup of your current ROM and apps using both Titanium backup and with TWRP/CWM.
  3. Do a factory reset (full wipes for safety)
  4. Flash the ROM and gapps
  5. Wait another 5 minutes after you see your phone boot fully. This will let all the dust settle.

If you are upgrading from an older build of this ROM, you can probably get away with dirty flashing (not doing a factory reset between flashes) but if you run into any issues, do a full phone wipe (wipe system, data and cache) then flash the new version of the ROM.

source.png

Team Acid strives to remain compliant to the GPL. We provide the full sources to our ROMs here:
https://github.com/teamacid/

To build CM11 follow the official Cyanogenmod guide for the vibrantmtd here:
http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Build_for_vibrantmtd
MAKE SURE YOU REPLACE vibrantmtd FOR galaxys4gmtd WHEN FOLLOWING THE STEPS FOR THE GUIDE
You will also need the local manifests which you can find here:
https://github.com/teamacid/teamacid.github.com/tree/master/manifests/sgh-t959v/CM11-TWRP

To learn how to use a local manifest, check Cyanogenmod's guide here:
http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Doc:_Using_manifests#The_local_manifest

If you need help building this ROM please reply on this thread here.

questions.png

There is no separate Q&A thread. You can ask your questions by replying in this thread.
This includes any questions or bug reports you may have.

XDA:DevDB Information
Cyanogenmod 11.0 Unofficial, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S 4G

Contributors
FBis251, daothanhduy1996, DJLamontagneIII, bhundven, jeffsf, m4xm4n, AntonX, and RaverX3X
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.1.x
Based On: Cyanogenmod 11.0

Version Information
Stable Release Date: 2014-09-09

Created 2014-10-11
Last Updated 2014-10-10

Last edited:

FBis251

Mar 21, 2011
www.fernandobarillas.com
changelog.png
downloads.png

Grab the latest gapps here:
http://files.fernandob.com/#gapps/4.4

You can also view all versions of the ROM here:
http://files.fernandob.com/#sgs4g/roms/cm11

Tuesday September 09, 2014
cm-11-20140909-UNOFFICIAL-galaxys4gmtd.zip (MD5: ec614db393ba62825361cf299464a9e0 )
cm-11-20140909-UNOFFICIAL-galaxys4gmtd.zip.png

Tuesday September 09, 2014 Changelog
Using the latest CM11 source code
Fixed a build error caused by releasetools.py (Thanks to Dao for the fix!)
Updated the gapps packages to the Sep 4, 2014 package provided by jajb.
You can download the gapps from my own website's mirror: http://files.fernandob.com/#gapps/4.4
You can read what the different versions do here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2779598
If you're not sure which gapps package to install, use the regular minimal zip.
gapps-kk-20140904-minimal-edition-signed.zip

Friday July 04, 2014
cm-11-20140705-UNOFFICIAL-galaxys4gmtd.zip (MD5: 3701b17be5e1da9c1b0b27c4398f8223 )
cm-11-20140705-UNOFFICIAL-galaxys4gmtd.zip.png

Friday July 04, 2014 Changelog
Using the latest version of the CM11 sources, no SGS4G specific changes

Mon June 23, 2014
cm-11-20140623-UNOFFICIAL-galaxys4gmtd.zip (MD5: 78b5f24e2a1cc42f97360677d2a09c37)
cm-11-20140623-UNOFFICIAL-galaxys4gmtd.zip.png

Mon June 23, 2014 Changelog
Using the latest CM11 sources (Android 4.4.4)
Compiled using Linaro 4.7 with -O2 optimizations on both the THUMB and ARM targets
Slightly debloated, missing a lot of wallpapers and a few default CM apps
-- We don't have an NFC chip, so no NFC app
-- We don't have a flash, so no Torch app

Last edited:

llinkll

May 1, 2014
Mon June 23, 2014
cm-11-20140623-UNOFFICIAL-galaxys4gmtd.zip (MD5: 78b5f24e2a1cc42f97360677d2a09c37)

Already downloaded. Thanks for your work. I'll install as soon as I figure out a little problem I have with Link2SD.

Finally, I can say "First!" lol

Anyway, awesome job on this FB. Wish I could put this on my old SGS4G, but my mother-in-law has it now and wanted it pure stock.

I could have been the first, but you beat me to it for two minutes. Again, I took to long typing. Maybe next time. lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Sean-El

CSP III

Jan 11, 2013
Detroit
Third.......hahaha kidding. I'm showing new build at 200mb is that correct. just asking because 6/19 was at 191mb and was having the issues your reported on today with the playstore and not enough room to properly load. Just curious. Ill be loading this bad boy up myself anyways to check it out. Im sure its fine. As per usual, thanks for your efforts.

Reactions: Sean-El

FBis251

Mar 21, 2011
www.fernandobarillas.com
Third.......hahaha kidding. I'm showing new build at 200mb is that correct. just asking because 6/19 was at 191mb and was having the issues your reported on today with the playstore and not enough room to properly load. Just curious. Ill be loading this bad boy up myself anyways to check it out. Im sure its fine. As per usual, thanks for your efforts.

Yeah 200 megabytes is correct. You can always check the md5sums to verify

Reactions: lumin30 and CSP III

CSP III

Jan 11, 2013
Detroit
Thanks, and Bravo.....A beautiful build, working flawlessly for me. This phone is bada** and is all that is needed.

Reactions: FBis251

GFX.myst.

Jul 19, 2011
Guys & gals, just keep in mind that even though FB said to keep questions and issues here, we want to keep this thread clean for development purposes. If you come across problems/issues, please remember to list all steps you made to when problem/issue occurred. Logcats are greatly appreciated. They help with the fixing process. Also, if you have questions, please read the thread before asking. Someone may have already asked the question and it may have been answered as well. ;)

sent from the frost god

CSP III

Jan 11, 2013
Detroit
Hey FB....you asked to be reminded about maybe rolling out some updated modems for the CM11. Here is your reminder. NO rush, and thanks in advance if you are able to do it.

FBis251

Mar 21, 2011
www.fernandobarillas.com

CSP III

Jan 11, 2013
Detroit
Last edited:

JB910

Dec 5, 2012
Mentor, OH
All works perfect for me so far. I was running Beanstalk and that thread got shut down by the mods so I am glad you are developing for the S 4G. I still use this phone for my gym mp3 player (Wolfson DAC!!!)/wifi device/backup phone. It's nice to see old devices to get some love.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

Spartan_Don

Jan 21, 2014
Loaded 4.4.4 on the 23rd right after this thread was created. This is my only phone, use it heavily, and I've had no issues whatsoever so far. Keep up the great work!!!

---------- Post added at 09:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 AM ----------

What is the button press sequence to get a screen capture (screenshot) on this ROM? TIA

---------- Post added at 10:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 AM ----------

One minor bug to report: When I went into "Settings" then "Display & Lights" then "Advanced Settings" I received a blank screen for a few sec then "Unfortunately, Advanced Settings has stopped." Had to force close "Settings" after that.

Last edited:
Reactions: halo1121

CSP III

Jan 11, 2013
Detroit
Yea, this ROM is bada**. It has brought new life to a worn down tired old phone. By far the best ROM that has ever been made for our little SGS4G. Mine had become stagnant as an every day daily, but now with this new life injected into it, I'm going to just keep rolling with it till it actually dies. Thanks Team Acid!!!!

giovann134

May 24, 2012
Battery drain

Someone with this problem? Because since I installed it on my phone I have a poor battery life. Can someone help me? Thanks for this work!

ariesgodofwar

Jun 10, 2010
Fenton
Android Wear
OnePlus 6T
Someone with this problem? Because since I installed it on my phone I have a poor battery life. Can someone help me? Thanks for this work!

2 things, are you on the latest 0623 version? (I had issues with previous versions) Also, did you flash the new version 5 Play Services? I found that it is a battery killer. I flashed the updated services and then downgraded back to 4.4, and have insane battery life. Not sure what it up with services, but the new version just drains terribly.

If all else fails, do a factory wipe and reflash both the ROM and Gapps and see if it fixes it. Take a look at your Battery Profile and see what is using your juice. (Also install Greenify if you have not already)

SamsungIsBetterThanApple

Jun 9, 2014
2 things, are you on the latest 0623 version? (I had issues with previous versions) Also, did you flash the new version 5 Play Services? I found that it is a battery killer. I flashed the updated services and then downgraded back to 4.4, and have insane battery life. Not sure what it up with services, but the new version just drains terribly.

If all else fails, do a factory wipe and reflash both the ROM and Gapps and see if it fixes it. Take a look at your Battery Profile and see what is using your juice. (Also install Greenify if you have not already)

I just flashed a jb rom so now I have CWM 6x. Would I be able to flash kit Kat from here?

Sent from my SGH-T959V using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

SamsungIsBetterThanApple

Jun 9, 2014
Can anyone help? I want this to be done by tonight because I am leaving on vacation tomorrow. I have Jelly Bean ROM on here (cm 10.2), so would I be able to flash kit kat now? It says it will download twrp as the new recovery this makes reluctant because I have CWM 6x. Will it work on my phone?

Sent from my SGH-T959V using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    presents.png

header.png

Cyanogenmod 11.0 Unofficial

disclaimer.png

PHP:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, broken hearts,
    * thermonuclear war, you getting fired because the alarm app failed, or 
    * unfulfilled sexual partners. Please do some research if you have any 
    * concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are
    * choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me
    * for messing up your device, I will point that finger back at you and laugh. 
    * Then I will put it in your eye.
    */

By using the ROM you agree with the above terms!

credits.png

Click on the thanks button to their posts!
    • Dao Thanh Duy ( @daothanhduy1996 ), first and foremost for his contributions to the NILTMT kernel, providing his device and kernel source trees and for having done such a good job that I had almost no problems compiling cm-11.0 with them. His help has also been essential to figuring out issues on IRC. This ROM would not have been possible without him
    • The Cyanogenmod team and everyone who has contributed to the project. I merely ported their ROM, they receive all your thanks.
    • Brian ( @sunsurfer42 ) for this extremely generous donation of TWO dev phones in addition to 2 extra batteries. He even refused when I offered to pay for shipping. This ROM would not be available to you guys without him.
    • Rick ( @GFX.myst. ) for providing the awesome graphics for our team and this thread! He even made us a new CM11 Unofficial logo :D
    • David LaMontagne ( @DJLamontagneIII ) for his awesome kernel source
    • @JustArchi for his optimizations and his Linaro repositories which were used in the making of this ROM
    • @Beastmode for the source code he left with us. At one point he was the only active developer for this phone. I still miss seeing his contributions (Proton Kernel anyone?)
    • @bhundven , @jeffsf , @m4xm4n , @AntonX , and @RaverX3X for all the time and effort they put into this phone. We're still using their source code to this day

features-issues.png

Features:
    • Missing non-essential apps such as wallpapers to free up space in the /system partition
    • Android KitKat 4.4.4 built from source with the latest updates
    • Compiled with Linaro 4.7 using -O2 optimizations on both the THUMB and ARM targets. This means that most of the ROM, not just the kernel, receive these optimizations
    • Debloated, removed a bunch of wallpapers, the NFC, Torch and Video Editor apps

Issues:

• All of the Aries bugs still plaguing this phone, including:
    • Charging animation broken
    • No smooth HD video recording
    • TV out not tested
    • Won't make your phone have a quad core processor

instructions.png

If you're still on Gingerbread or older, follow lumin's guide here. You need CWM 5 with the blue text:
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=21953878&postcount=2
    Once you have blue CWM5, just flash the ROM. It will automatically continue flashing using TWRP once your phone restarts. After the flash is done the phone will continue to boot into CM11, no need for a 2nd flash.

If you're already on any ROM newer than ICS, just follow the instructions below.
    1. Download the ROM and optionally gapps and put them on your SD Card
    2. Make a backup of your current ROM and apps using both Titanium backup and with TWRP/CWM.
    3. Do a factory reset (full wipes for safety)
    4. Flash the ROM and gapps
    5. Wait another 5 minutes after you see your phone boot fully. This will let all the dust settle.

If you are upgrading from an older build of this ROM, you can probably get away with dirty flashing (not doing a factory reset between flashes) but if you run into any issues, do a full phone wipe (wipe system, data and cache) then flash the new version of the ROM.

source.png

Team Acid strives to remain compliant to the GPL. We provide the full sources to our ROMs here:
    https://github.com/teamacid/

To build CM11 follow the official Cyanogenmod guide for the vibrantmtd here:
    http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Build_for_vibrantmtd
    MAKE SURE YOU REPLACE vibrantmtd FOR galaxys4gmtd WHEN FOLLOWING THE STEPS FOR THE GUIDE
    You will also need the local manifests which you can find here:
    https://github.com/teamacid/teamacid.github.com/tree/master/manifests/sgh-t959v/CM11-TWRP

To learn how to use a local manifest, check Cyanogenmod's guide here:
    http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Doc:_Using_manifests#The_local_manifest

If you need help building this ROM please reply on this thread here.

questions.png

There is no separate Q&A thread. You can ask your questions by replying in this thread.
    This includes any questions or bug reports you may have.

XDA:DevDB Information
    Cyanogenmod 11.0 Unofficial, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S 4G

Contributors
    FBis251, daothanhduy1996, DJLamontagneIII, bhundven, jeffsf, m4xm4n, AntonX, and RaverX3X
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.1.x
    Based On: Cyanogenmod 11.0

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2014-09-09

Created 2014-10-11
    Last Updated 2014-10-10
    changelog.png
    downloads.png

Grab the latest gapps here:
    http://files.fernandob.com/#gapps/4.4

You can also view all versions of the ROM here:
    http://files.fernandob.com/#sgs4g/roms/cm11

cm-11-20140909-UNOFFICIAL-galaxys4gmtd.zip (MD5: ec614db393ba62825361cf299464a9e0 )

You can download the gapps from my own website's mirror: http://files.fernandob.com/#gapps/4.4
    You can read what the different versions do here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2779598

Friday July 04, 2014
    cm-11-20140705-UNOFFICIAL-galaxys4gmtd.zip (MD5: 3701b17be5e1da9c1b0b27c4398f8223 )

Mon June 23, 2014
    cm-11-20140623-UNOFFICIAL-galaxys4gmtd.zip.png

Mon June 23, 2014 Changelog
    Using the latest CM11 sources (Android 4.4.4)
    Compiled using Linaro 4.7 with -O2 optimizations on both the THUMB and ARM targets
    Slightly debloated, missing a lot of wallpapers and a few default CM apps
    -- We don't have an NFC chip, so no NFC app
    -- We don't have a flash, so no Torch app
    Happy 4th of July!

Friday July 04, 2014

Insane battery life even with wifi turn to always on. Holy smokes. Great job fb! My kids are loving my old phone again. So much so, I can't get it back for a screen shot. Last I saw was over 2 days uptime with almost 1.5 hours of screen time (Wi-Fi was always on) and it still had 61% battery! And no complaints from them.

I'm glad to hear it, but most of the work was done by the CM team and every person who contributed to porting our device tree and kernels to Kit Kat.

I honestly had to do little work to get Dao's device/kernel trees (the same ones he used for his 4.4 slim roms) to compile with CM11.

Make sure you hit their thanks button, especially everyone I mentioned in the credits in the OP