Froyo OTA Finally!

Search This thread

Mo_Nexus

Jun 22, 2010
Dallas, TX
Just reporting that i received the Froyo OTA a few minutes ago. I have a Nexus one, rooted & unlocked, running frf72 rom from tesla. I was prompted to restart, and it went into the recovery screen, then it said installation had failed, could not authenticate. I assume this is because my phone is rooted and unlocked. I'm on T-mobile in dallas tx in case anyone was wondering

uansari1

Jul 27, 2008
Karachi
How does one go about discovering the Google server address to download the OTA? Just curious, but never thought to ask...

archboy69

Jul 21, 2008
Is this real?

I mean if there 'was' a true OTA would Google have not notified via the usual channel? It certainly would be a good day for some froyo with Droid X announcement and a day before the iPhone.

wesbalmer

Oct 22, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
www.rawc.net
How does one go about discovering the Google server address to download the OTA? Just curious, but never thought to ask...

adb logcat while you are starting up and then allow it to download

from a command prompt

adb logcat >> logcat62310.txt

would be perfect, then you can upload that TXT file for the experts to find the link, since it will be filled with garbage

Mo_Nexus

Jun 22, 2010
Dallas, TX
the installation failed. anyone know where the file downloads to? i have recovery-RA-nexus-v1.7.0.1.img installed in case anyone was wondering

apollostees

Oct 22, 2009
Atlanta
This is good news! Given you're not bluffing. It should still install even though your device is rooted, no?

Just curious was this questions answered? If your rooted can you receive the OTA update?

Someone said it depends on your recovery? I'm running aman ra 1.7.0.1 like a lot of us. Anybody tried?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Can anyone else confirm OTA for EPE54B. Someone in the general forum is reporting they got it.
    Hi,

I made an update.zip for FRF83. Superuser and busybox are also included. Google Maps is updated to v4.3.
    You can simply flash it over your existing FRF50 or FRF72.

Hope I helped... :)

DL here -> http://rapidshare.com/files/402232197/update-FRF83-paqman-signed.zip

any interrests in a nandroid-Backup of FRF83? I could also upload.

btw. I've got protected apps in the Market ...YEAH! :D

Ugh! Thank you SO much for this! I've been pulling my hair out all night trying to find a reasonable way to get FRF83 flashed and was already prepared to have to set my phone back up from scratch. After all that aggravation and not getting it to work using traditional methods, not only do you post a rooted update I can use with Amon_Ra's recovery, but I can flash it on top of my most recent nandroid. Just, thank you. :)

EDIT: Just kidding!
    Writing BOOT:...
    E:No space left on device
    E:Error writing BOOT:
    E:Failure at line 348:
    write_raw_image PACKAGE:boot:img BOOT:

Installation aborted.

I'm going to f-ing bed.