Dd-wrt VPN on stock 4.4.2

Search This thread

dbldown768

Apr 15, 2008
I'm running a full stock N5 and trying to tunnel to my VPN with no luck. Have other tried this setup. It worked with my SGS2 phone.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

dbldown768

Apr 15, 2008
Same thing. Pptp. Just tried the client in the settings.

My concern was maybe because I'm not rooted that there is a similar flag restricting this connection just like the flag restricting tethering in the database file.

As I said these same settings worked on my old SGS2

jj14

Mar 5, 2008
Same thing. Pptp. Just tried the client in the settings.

My concern was maybe because I'm not rooted that there is a similar flag restricting this connection just like the flag restricting tethering in the database file.

As I said these same settings worked on my old SGS2

I am rooted, but I don't think that should cause a connection problem. (I didn't have to change any setting to get it to work).
What problem are you facing?

dbldown768

Apr 15, 2008
It just doesn't connect. It doesn't give any exception or error which makes it hard to diagnose.

In the past I've had issues with VPN. They seem to get resolved depending in android versions. Meaning at one point it didn't work on say 4.0 but then was resolved with 4.1.

dbldown768

Apr 15, 2008
So now I have been unable to setup PPTP as well as OpenVPN on my N5 stock. Has anyone with a stock unrooted
N5 got either of these working on the tmo $30 plan?

PhilipTD

Dec 17, 2010
LI
Google Pixel 6 Pro
So now I have been unable to setup PPTP as well as OpenVPN on my N5 stock. Has anyone with a stock unrooted
N5 got either of these working on the tmo $30 plan?

After trying unsuccessfully to use OpenVPN, I got PureVPN and never looked back. It's fast, connects immediately every time, and only costs 50 bucks a year.

Sent from my Nexus 5

dbldown768

Apr 15, 2008
For as frequent as I used it PPTP worked just fine. I don't get if this limitation is from the N5 or from the service. It is hard to compare since my last device worked was a S2 on sprint.

gmnenad

Mar 10, 2006
I have problem with VPN, but not from stock.

I have S4 with 4.4.2 and I can connect to PPTP VPN on my DD-WRT, but it have packet loss, some apps do not work, and after few minutes it stops working with 100% packet loss, while still showing as connected to VPN.

It is possibly due to reported 4.4.2 bug where VPN does not take correct max packet size.

dbldown768

Apr 15, 2008
I resolved this issue by setting ip4/6 in the settings instead of just ip6 which was on by default.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk