Root One M8 Google Play Edition

Search This thread

angel.de.marc

Jun 15, 2010
Dallas, TX
I don't normally post question. Figuring out how to do things is half the fun. But I've searched everywhere and I've not been able to find a root method for the M8 GPe. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

angel.de.marc

Jun 15, 2010
Dallas, TX
unlock the bootloader HTCDEV.com and install twrp.

It's the GPe. To unlock the bootloader I just used fastboot oem unlock. I just need root. Philz Touch Recovery is only for the m8, m8spr, and m8vzw. I guess what I need is both a way to root the device and a custom recovery to install.

Can I push root through adb like the Nexus 5? And is there a recovery for the m8gpe?

BAM1789

Dec 5, 2011
Mesa
It's the GPe. To unlock the bootloader I just used fastboot oem unlock. I just need root. Philz Touch Recovery is only for the m8, m8spr, and m8vzw. I guess what I need is both a way to root the device and a custom recovery to install.

Can I push root through adb like the Nexus 5? And is there a recovery for the m8gpe?
It's all the same, you can use the normal M8 recovery.

exad

Jan 26, 2010
Montreal
You can flash su.zip through recovery or let recovery do it automatically, I think CWM and Philz touch detect and offer to root your stock rom. I know TWRP does.

Top Liked Posts