[Q] Can I root my HTC One X using my Microsoft Surface Rt?

Search This thread

Salutis1989

May 29, 2014
Hi I have an HTC One X I am trying to root for various purposes, and I was wondering would it be possible for me to root it using a Microsoft Surface Rt 8.1?

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
I don't see why not. Just make sure you test that fastboot connection and commands are working properly !

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
Maybe in a virtual machine then ? Just check if fastboot works properly, If not then don't proceed any steps

Salutis1989

May 29, 2014
Maybe in a virtual machine then ? Just check if fastboot works properly, If not then don't proceed any steps

Sorry I am a newbie, and wouldn't even know what fastboot is, are you referring to fastboot on the phone or on the surface?

Edit: Okay I figured out what fastboot is and what ADB is, but they are exe files, which means I cannot download and use them on the Surface Rt, which sucks, the only way I could get a hold of these files is if I hacked the Surface, which due to me upgrading to 8.1 I cannot jailbreak, due to the Microsoft's concerns, I would need to buy a flash drive first and then make a system recovery and go back to 8.0 which would make it possible for me to jailbreak and run exe program files.

Last edited:

midoriconcept

Apr 13, 2010
Sorry not possible. Surface RT does not allow to run fastboot (that is an exe to be run in the command line), since it is:
- Not compiled for ARM
- Not allowed by Microsoft policies