[APP][MOD] Spotify Tablet MOD 2.3 to 5.0 Devices (Disable Random Restriction)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

lukss12

Jul 22, 2013
Mar del Plata
Xiaomi Mi A2
Here is Spotify APK moded to disable random restriction on player for GB+ devices. Looking everywhere for an alternative for TabletMetrics Xposed Module found @ViRb3 post . He had managed to modify Spotify app, but the version of his app requires API level 15 and GB is on API9 level. And his version of API9 Spotify app wasn't installing in our GB devices. So starting from @ViRb3 ideas (half-way explained) in his post I decided to decompile Spotify and find my way. (Later I will give more technical details on how I achived it)
SCREENSHOT:
Screenshotrandom.jpg
UNINSTALL PREVIOUS Spotify installed on your device before installing or app will refuse to install due to different signatures

Mod Edit: links removed

Sorry for my English is not my native language.

Attachments

• Screenshotlogin.png
    Screenshotlogin.png
    51.6 KB · Views: 14,107
Last edited by a moderator:

fudduf

Jul 17, 2010
Seems to work! My GB tablet still shows the 'shuffle play' button when I choose an album, but if I choose the first track, it continues through the album in order. Will report back if anything changes.

noturbru

Jul 14, 2013
Sir. Not installed btw i'm using galaxy y

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2

noturbru

Jul 14, 2013
Please tell me more details. ROM, app version, does the app starts installing and fail?

Sent from my DROID Pro using XDA Free mobile app

Yup. It's installing then fail. I'm using stock base rom Gingerbread2.3.6 and i download the latest app version for gb

lukss12

Jul 22, 2013
Mar del Plata
Xiaomi Mi A2
Seems to work! My GB tablet still shows the 'shuffle play' button when I choose an album, but if I choose the first track, it continues through the album in order. Will report back if anything changes.

That's exactly the way it should work. Thank you for sharing your experience.

Last edited:
Reactions: fudduf

noturbru

Jul 14, 2013
Can you fix it? So that the app can get installed in my device?

lukss12

Jul 22, 2013
Mar del Plata
Xiaomi Mi A2
No because i don't use spotify because of the shuffle only to play musics

Can you fix it? So that the app can get installed in my device?

I have an idea that could save us time... find an official Spotify.apk that works on your device. Send it to me and I'll apply the mod on it. To make sure the problem is the mod or you device is incompatible with the version I uploaded. And remember Spotify must not be installed on the device when you try to install modded app

Last edited:

noturbru

Jul 14, 2013
Well sir. I can't send you an apk of the official spotify but the latest working on my device is v1.2.5.3 hope it helps: )

lukss12

Jul 22, 2013
Mar del Plata
Xiaomi Mi A2
Well sir. I can't send you an apk of the official spotify but the latest working on my device is v1.2.5.3 hope it helps: )

Please enable Debug on your device and send me logcat file. Connect your device via usb, start cmd on a folder that contains "adb.exe" and run this command just before trying to install the modded app "adb logcat -v long > logcat.txt", try to install it, close cmd after installation fails. (Probably you already know this but to be sure). Can download adb.exe with dependencies here.

doratos

Dec 12, 2014
Please enable Debug on your device and send me logcat file. Connect your device via usb, start cmd on a folder that contains "adb.exe" and run this command just before trying to install the modded app "adb logcat -v long > logcat.txt", try to install it, close cmd after installation fails. (Probably you already know this but to be sure). Can download adb.exe with dependencies here.

@lukss12 First of all THANKS for your apk,that works well on my old gingerbread smartphone. The problem of markjerald is the apk version uploaded.
The spotify apk uploaded doesn't work with all gingerbread phone with 320x240 of resolution,because the version varies with device (indeed it didn't worked on my brother's smartphone with resolution of 320x240 too).
So if someone uploads his untouched apk of his smartphone gingerbread with 320x240 of resolution (as samsung galaxy y,samsung galaxy pocket and ecc....),and you makes a signed version of its , it will work :D

lukss12

Jul 22, 2013
Mar del Plata
Xiaomi Mi A2
@lukss12 First of all THANKS for your apk,that works well on my old gingerbread smartphone. The problem of markjerald is the apk version uploaded.
The spotify apk uploaded doesn't work with all gingerbread phone with 320x240 of resolution,because the version varies with device (indeed it didn't worked on my brother's smartphone with resolution of 320x240 too).
So if someone uploads his untouched apk of his smartphone gingerbread with 320x240 of resolution (as samsung galaxy y,samsung galaxy pocket and ecc....),and you makes a signed version of its , it will work :D

So give me the apk, I'll mod it :D

doratos

Dec 12, 2014
So give me the apk, I'll mod it :D

I can't give you the apk. My brother doesn't want to make root on his smartphone because it is under warranty and he is not here with me that i can help him for whatever operation (he is bad for these things)
So, if @markjerald can.....

Last edited:

harold5249

Jan 31, 2013
I'm using N9005 note 3, I'm on S5 ported rom android 4.4.2 with lean kernel version 3.14. I was unable to log in with Facebook account. It says invalid key hash.

Attachments

• 1423298888265.jpg
    1423298888265.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 1,318

shark147

Feb 13, 2008
I'm using N9005 note 3, I'm on S5 ported rom android 4.4.2 with lean kernel version 3.14. I was unable to log in with Facebook account. It says invalid key hash.

Read in OP:

"FACEBOOK LOGIN NOT WORKING WITH FACEBOOK APP (can unistall fb app and use web login or can log in directly with your facebook username and pass in spotify login screen) -will try to fix it as soon as i can"

I Suggest you create Spotify account.

lukss12

Jul 22, 2013
Mar del Plata
Xiaomi Mi A2

Read in OP:

"FACEBOOK LOGIN NOT WORKING WITH FACEBOOK APP (can unistall fb app and use web login or can log in directly with your facebook username and pass in spotify login screen) -will try to fix it as soon as i can"

It's not necessary to create spotify account, you can use Spotify Login with your facebook username and password directly on Spotify Welcome Screen

Last edited:
Reactions: ZVNexus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is Spotify APK moded to disable random restriction on player for GB+ devices. Looking everywhere for an alternative for TabletMetrics Xposed Module found @ViRb3 post . He had managed to modify Spotify app, but the version of his app requires API level 15 and GB is on API9 level. And his version of API9 Spotify app wasn't installing in our GB devices. So starting from @ViRb3 ideas (half-way explained) in his post I decided to decompile Spotify and find my way. (Later I will give more technical details on how I achived it)
    SCREENSHOT:
    Screenshotrandom.jpg
    UNINSTALL PREVIOUS Spotify installed on your device before installing or app will refuse to install due to different signatures

Mod Edit: links removed

Sorry for my English is not my native language.
    Please update the apk base of MOD to latest Spotify v2.3.0.794
    Trabaja en Android 5.0 lollipop de sony, tengo un Xperia C3 y hasta el momento ningún fallo.. Si presentara alguno te lo comunicare, Gracias por el aporte!
    Trata de postear una traduccion en ingles de tus posts o los admins lo van a borrar.

Try to post an english traduction of your posts or admins will erase them.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Free mobile app

That's exactly the way it should work. Thank you for sharing your experience.

Read in OP:

It's not necessary to create spotify account, you can use Spotify Login with your facebook username and password directly on Spotify Welcome Screen