[ROM][JB][CM10] Android 4.1.1 - CyanogenMod 10 Preview

Search This thread

pershoot

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 1, 2008
3g is not working - No internet connection. If I switch the wifi on the 3g icon and network operator is displayed. With wifi off, even data connection is enabled I got no operator name, searching for GSM networks return no available networks,

it does work. problem with your APN setup or SIM card.

yopet

Oct 10, 2012
Just a quick newbie check:
Steps needed to update to this version from the previous one (from January 22nd + Kernel update from January 26th):
Flash newer recovery and then flash new rom. Right? Is there need to clean up/wipe or format something?

Thanks a bunch in advance!

pershoot

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 1, 2008
Just a quick newbie check:
Steps needed to update to this version from the previous one (from January 22nd + Kernel update from January 26th):
Flash newer recovery and then flash new rom. Right? Is there need to clean up/wipe or format something?

Thanks a bunch in advance!

update recovery, boot in to recovery, transfer rom to tab, flash and reboot.

nothing else is required.

Last edited:
Reactions: yopet

sub501

Mar 30, 2010
confirmed. working.

please do not flash random modems/hacks and then report issues.

everything that is needed to get things going is listed in the post.

Tested on 'vanilla' release from your website. Used modem and recovery from your release as well.

Checked APN many times, no luck. Quite strange, searching for GSM networks returns empty list.
Moved SIM to an old 'dumb' phone same APN settings. Internet is working and GSM networks are displayed.

I will try to test with other SIM.

yopet

Oct 10, 2012
Updated a little while ago. No problems. So far everything acts as before...
Will report anything significant if it happens.

Pershoot, thanks a lot again!

murso74

Oct 30, 2010
Tested on 'vanilla' release from your website. Used modem and recovery from your release as well.

Checked APN many times, no luck. Quite strange, searching for GSM networks returns empty list.
Moved SIM to an old 'dumb' phone same APN settings. Internet is working and GSM networks are displayed.

I had this same issue when I first tried cm10. Took a bunch of rebooting, changing radio option and airplane mode toggles for it to fine back and stick. When it did though it stayed for good

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

n1vlek

Sep 19, 2010
have anyone completed downloading the 3/6/13 version? i keep getting cut off and wondering if there is another link. thank you

sub501

Mar 30, 2010

Hello again,

Post updated , removed carrier names. PM if you need more info.

I just bought a new SIM, same carrier as the SIM creating troubles, same results - no internet. I tested with other carriers SIM and it worked.
The new SIM works perfect on SGS2 (CM10.1).

SGT 10.1+new SIM, same behavior as the old SIM:
- cannot search for networks
- custom APN defined, same settings as on SGS2, no internet

SGT 10.1+other carriers SIM:
- network search works
- internet is working

The ROM seems to have some issues:
Setting wifi to off then then Setting->Wireless&net->More->Mobile Networks->APN: "To see available networks, turn Wi-Fi on"!!!!! If I turn the wifi on it will display the WiFi networks instead of APN. Rebooting solve the problem till the first wifi off action then the behavior is as described above.

When the WiFi is on the 3g network seems to be on (at least the 3g icon and carrier name are displayed). Switching WiFi to off will display GSM signal level metter (grey) and 'No internet connection'.

Update:
Flashed the official 3.2 ROM, configured APN - Internet is working.
Flashed pershoot recovery, modem and bootloader over 3.2 - internet is working.
Flashed back CM10.1 preview, configured APN - internet is not working.

In my humble opinion the CM10.1preview ROM has an issue.

Last edited:

sw6lee

Apr 20, 2011
Hi Pershoot.

Thanks for listening to us and releasing another update for CM10.

I think you tried to improve the transition animations, but it's still really choppy especially opening app and closing app. It was the same for CM10.1 until I think few weeks ago (not really sure when), but when I recently tried CM10.1, the opening and closing app transition animation improved significantly. The reason I'm not staying on CM10.1 is because even though that transition animation is smooth now, the launcher and multitasking tray is quite laggy and probably will be fixed in the coming releases. So I'm trying to stay on CM10 for now, but just one thing that makes me frustrated is the opening and closing app transition animation. I do not want to turn off the animations as I love those, and hopefully you can tweak it a little bit more and make it smooth just like you did with CM10.1

Thanks so much!

yopet

Oct 10, 2012
Hi guys,

Does the encryption in CM10 work on gt-p7500?

I have started the encryption process but instead of having a black background with a picture of hollow android under text "Encrypting..." and percentage, there's only the picture. No text on any part of the screen.
It has been like that for more than 3 hours and nothing changed.

Any advice what to do? Should I wait or reboot or something else?

Thanks!

Last edited:

yopet

Oct 10, 2012
Hi guys,

Does the encryption in CM10 work on gt-p7500?

I have started the encryption process but instead of having a black background with a picture of hollow android under text "Encrypting..." and percentage, there's only the picture. No text on any part of the screen.
It has been like that for more than 3 hours and nothing changed.

Any advice what to do? Should I wait or reboot or something else?

Thanks!
I have restarted tablet in the meantime. Nothing bad happened. Obviously, for some reason, the encryption process didn't even start.
The same happened for a few times.

Is the encryption possible at all with CM10? What should I do to be able to use encryption with CM? Switch to CM9?

Last edited:

yopet

Oct 10, 2012
Not that anybody cares (or replies), I wanted to post an update. :)

I have upgraded to cm 10.1 and nothing changed. The same behaviour with encryption. Is there anybody with some idea what could be the coulprit of the issue and where from to start with the troubleshooting?

Thank you in advance.

pitpit24

Aug 17, 2012
Quebec
Not that anybody cares (or replies), I wanted to post an update. :)

I have upgraded to cm 10.1 and nothing changed. The same behaviour with encryption. Is there anybody with some idea what could be the coulprit of the issue and where from to start with the troubleshooting?

Thank you in advance.

Don't use encryption and you'll be fine. Why do you want to encrypt it anyway?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DOWNLOADS

I'm not going to build CM10 anymore, pershoot already published his experimental builds, you can find them (for all Galaxy Tab 10.1 models) here: Droid Basement

Google Apps

gapps-jb-20120729.zip

Mirror 01: gapps-jb-20120729.zip
    Mirror 02: gapps-jb-20120729.zip (thanks to kingofcomedy)
    Mirror 03: gapps-jb-20120729.zip

gapps-jb-20120717-signed.zip

gapps-jb-20120716-signed.zip

FLASH SUPPORT

Check this guide: [GUIDE] [HOW-TO] Install Adobe Flash Player on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean

Be aware, it may cause troubles with web surfing, consider this before reporting problems.

VIDEOS

CM10 Preview JB 4.1.1 Galaxy Tab 10.1 (thanks to illmatic24)

PC CONNECTION

wlaidi.jpg
    I have made a camera patch for this rom. It will only get the rear camera working. This is the first android zip I've made, but it works for me. You can get it here:

http://ganiman.com/gtab_jb_camera_update.zip

Flash with CWM or TWRP. If you try to switch to the front camera, it will cause gallery to crash and the camera app will not open anymore. Clearing data on the gallery app fixes this.
    NEW BUILDS

Wi-Fi Only (GT-P7510) -> cm-10-20120726-UNOFFICIAL-p4wifi-sig.zip

md5: 09fcdc58c83c30e8ff00e756010c0ca1
    sha1: 576e14db1493118776dbdcf1ab839f916ce042f2

Wi-Fi+3G (GT-P7500) -> cm-10-20120726-UNOFFICIAL-p4-sig.zip

md5: 32fff488ffb32126bc5255e2e866da5b
    sha1: fe42a4b7cdb43536268fe06009b1add083ebcc42

Google Apps: gapps-jb-20120726-signed.zip [source]

This are the last builds of CM10 from me. pershoot is (very soon) going to upload testing builds, and this builds are virtually the same thing, I think there's no need for redundancy. Besides, for several reasons, is better to get them from the source (in this case, pershoot).
    i know its off topic but any chance u have started working on 4.2 already? :) saw tat 4.2 is being pushed to AOSP. in ur opinion does our tab support 4.2?

this tab will support 4.2.

when it is integrated within CM, then it will be in all builds from that point.
    So it sounds like BT audio is the only major issue at this point, which is great. Glad the mic/video now work simultaneously.

What issues are you working on before you'll call it a public release candidate?

there will be no public RC from me, per se. CM10 is not even at RC stage (to my knowledge; but not aware of all devices under the umbrella). when ive squashed the majority of the stuff, ill put builds out for public use (on DB) for playing with (probably this week). Then upload source changes in to CM and get nightlies going for this tab for all variants (probably after the android bbq).