[MOD][Xposed] Message Delivered Toast Notifications

Search This thread

MohammadAG

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 7, 2009
Jerusalem
mohammadag.xceleo.org
Requires Xposed Framework!

When a message is delivered on Samsung devices, a notification shows up in the status bar, this isn't ideal since it triggers a ringtone/vibration similar to that when a message is received.

This module fixes that by replacing the notification with a toast.

Screenshots:
96ve611l.png

Compatibility:
Should work on all 4.1+ Samsung devices.
Tested on:
  • Samsung Galaxy S4
  • Samsung Galaxy Note II

Download:
http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.mohammadag.deliverytoastnotification

Source code:
Source code is here: https://github.com/MohammadAG/Xposed-Message-Delivered-Toast-Notifications
You may not post it on the Play Store, whether for free or not.

Thanks to:
rovo89 for the Xposed Framework.
_TB_TB_ for his original module, looking at the smali code it helped me find the method name (and figure out why it never worked for the S4, there's a check for API 16 which I can't figure the reason for).

Last edited:

mitky82

Account currently disabled
Feb 2, 2011
That's the best mod for galaxy phones. This should be implemented as stock function in feature releases of model

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

jujuburi

Sep 10, 2011
May I know longer means how long exactly? I don't like the default notification style either but previously there was a mod which had toast notification too but it stayed there for very short time, thus asked.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

PixelPatrik

May 11, 2013
Thanks for this module, I really appreciate your work.
I hope it's okay to make a small request. I noticed that the delivery notification for mms messages are not changed into a toast like regular sms notifications. Not a big deal, but it would be nice to have a toast notification for both :)

Cheers!

MohammadAG

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 7, 2009
Jerusalem
mohammadag.xceleo.org
May I know longer means how long exactly? I don't like the default notification style either but previously there was a mod which had toast notification too but it stayed there for very short time, thus asked.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Whatever the API does. Toasts have the lengths short, and long, these are defined in Android's code.

Thanks for this module, I really appreciate your work.
I hope it's okay to make a small request. I noticed that the delivery notification for mms messages are not changed into a toast like regular sms notifications. Not a big deal, but it would be nice to have a toast notification for both :)

Cheers!

Will look into it. I never noticed that since I don't use MMS :)

I have installed this mod, but I cant find te app in my app drawer?

Verstuurd van mijn GT-I9505 met Tapatalk

Tap the module in Xposed Installer's module list.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 (GT-i9500) using Taptalk 4

Reactions: an-_-dro

wackowizzard

Whatever the API does. Toasts have the lengths short, and long, these are defined in Android's code.

Will look into it. I never noticed that since I don't use MMS :)

Tap the module in Xposed Installer's module list.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 (GT-i9500) using Taptalk 4

Yeah, i know. I've searched and found it. Sorry for my quick negative comment. Next time i will search, and then reply... :(
And also TNX because it works! Nice! :D

Verstuurd van mijn GT-I9505 met Tapatalk

sam1374

Mar 4, 2009
Y is it not working for me...I have installed and used xposed installer to use it...should I keep delivery report on or off in the messaging app ?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using xda premium

vriz27

Jan 2, 2011
glyfada , Hellas
Working great on stock rooted 4.2.2 sgs4 mini. Nice work dude!

Στάλθηκε από το GT-I9195 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Requires Xposed Framework!

When a message is delivered on Samsung devices, a notification shows up in the status bar, this isn't ideal since it triggers a ringtone/vibration similar to that when a message is received.

This module fixes that by replacing the notification with a toast.

Screenshots:
    96ve611l.png

Compatibility:
    Should work on all 4.1+ Samsung devices.
    Tested on:
    • Samsung Galaxy S4
    • Samsung Galaxy Note II

Download:
    http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.mohammadag.deliverytoastnotification

Source code:
    Source code is here: https://github.com/MohammadAG/Xposed-Message-Delivered-Toast-Notifications
    You may not post it on the Play Store, whether for free or not.

Thanks to:
    rovo89 for the Xposed Framework.
    _TB_TB_ for his original module, looking at the smali code it helped me find the method name (and figure out why it never worked for the S4, there's a check for API 16 which I can't figure the reason for).
    That's the best mod for galaxy phones. This should be implemented as stock function in feature releases of model

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    I did it ;)

github.com/BestPig/Xposed-Message-Delivered-Toast-Notifications/releases/tag/1.0
    (Sorry for the non clickable link, but i'm not allowed to post external links)

The incompatibility was due to the obfuscation of the messages app on Lollipop, the name of the method is now 'a' instead of 'updateReportNotification'.
    Although it's just a tiny MOD, it's one of the best!! And I am still desperately hoping that "a special one" will update this MOD to get it working on LP.
    Donation guaranteed!! :)

°°° tapatalked °°°
    @MohammadAG
    Any plans of updating the MOD to get it working on Lollipop ROMs?

°°° tapatalked °°°

One more, hope it will be update :)