original.png

AOSP Google Android KitKat 4.4 for LG Optimus G E970 E973 E971

Code:
#include 
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 * Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading 
 * cause of male impotence.
 */

Download Rom
Download Gapps
Download SuperSu

make sure you do a Clean fresh install

flash ROM
flash GAPPS - pa_gapps or Banks Gapps
flash supersu

you can wipe cache and wipe dalvik after flashes as well

Google's Open Source for kitkat 4.4 (stock aosp built from google sources)

If you like and enjoy my work please rate this thread and don't forget to hit the thanks as many countless hours goes into this

DOWNLOAD HERE

Thanks
@IOMonster - for everything he does
@chadouming
@xboxfanj
@dvhexer
@Shelnutt2
@autoprime - all his efs magic on LG phones
@slick_rick
@ayysir
all my testers and supporters

sources
google
paranoidandroid
my sources

Last edited:

houstonn

Sep 18, 2012
Ontario
Canadian LGOG E973/E971 - u need to flash the Canadian nfc fix.. u can find it somewhere on these fourms.

International LGOG E975/E976/E977 - you'll need to flash this kernel after you flash rom and gapps . it would be the last flash. it'll have working 13mp cam ( you'll probably need the nfc fix and you might need to edit your gps.conf and maybe APNS too.

version 1 - intial release - Nov 1

version 2 - fixed wifi

version 3 - fixed external sd support.- Nov.2

there's 3 versions of GAPPS.. . I would use the PA_GAPPS.. the other is just google_gapps and doesn't include new Hangouts whereas the PA_GAPPS has the new hangouts included.. also there's 4.4 Banks Gapps

latest Banks 4.4 Standard Gapps fixes the Calender Sync issue people are having. thanks @MiZrY

I've included a flashable kernel.. you wouldn't need to flash that but if someone else releases a 4.4 rom you could flash my kernel and use it on other 4.4 roms.. it has all my extra goodies that you would normally see from my kernels.

Last edited:

Abu Nazir

Apr 3, 2013
Do we need to flash a certain modem or just flash rom and all good? Thanks. I hate to ask if we need to flash jellybean radio on kitkat then everyone be like "ah dood yoo dum". :p U the man houstonn! Thanks again.

Sent from my Optimus G using xda app-developers app

Jank4AU

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 2, 2010
Alabama
As always, thanks for your support brother.

When you're ready to put out your own ROM, let us know because that's what I want to run!

Sent from my LG Optimus G using xda app-developers app

Firreath

Jun 17, 2012
You are amazin

houstonn this is why I love your work. You are one of the only devs that I have seen that gets things out this quick. Thank you for all of the hard work man, I am download right now and I can't wait to flash this bad boy. Though I do have a question. Does this have the navbar installed, and if it does can you deactivate it?

Reactions: ¶ha€dru$

xperia_2011

Mar 23, 2011
hey guys! I just flashed this rom and lost the root. I tried to install superuser and it's not installing due to binary not upto date or something. I came from rootbox rom. Please help.

xperia_2011

Mar 23, 2011
I can't get into cwm. If I press volume down and power button. Device just turn on. no access to recovery.

Jank4AU

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 2, 2010
Alabama
hey guys! I just flashed this rom and lost the root. I tried to install superuser and it's not installing due to binary not upto date or something. I came from rootbox rom. Please help.

Dude, download and flash the SuperSU from the OP...problem solved.

---------- Post added at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 PM ----------

If you are getting force closes on Google calendar, it appears to be because GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter is missing.

Just uninstall it using TiBu (mentioned in Houston's original thread by someone, sorry) and reinstall from Play Store.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    original.png

AOSP Google Android KitKat 4.4 for LG Optimus G E970 E973 E971

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     * Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading 
     * cause of male impotence.
     */

Download Rom
    Download Gapps
    Download SuperSu

make sure you do a Clean fresh install

flash ROM
    flash GAPPS - pa_gapps or Banks Gapps
    flash supersu

you can wipe cache and wipe dalvik after flashes as well

Google's Open Source for kitkat 4.4 (stock aosp built from google sources)

If you like and enjoy my work please rate this thread and don't forget to hit the thanks as many countless hours goes into this

DOWNLOAD HERE

Thanks
    @IOMonster - for everything he does
    @chadouming
    @xboxfanj
    @dvhexer
    @Shelnutt2
    @autoprime - all his efs magic on LG phones
    @slick_rick
    @ayysir
    all my testers and supporters

sources
    google
    paranoidandroid
    my sources
    Canadian LGOG E973/E971 - u need to flash the Canadian nfc fix.. u can find it somewhere on these fourms.

International LGOG E975/E976/E977 - you'll need to flash this kernel after you flash rom and gapps . it would be the last flash. it'll have working 13mp cam ( you'll probably need the nfc fix and you might need to edit your gps.conf and maybe APNS too.

version 1 - intial release - Nov 1

version 2 - fixed wifi

version 3 - fixed external sd support.- Nov.2

there's 3 versions of GAPPS.. . I would use the PA_GAPPS.. the other is just google_gapps and doesn't include new Hangouts whereas the PA_GAPPS has the new hangouts included.. also there's 4.4 Banks Gapps

latest Banks 4.4 Standard Gapps fixes the Calender Sync issue people are having. thanks @MiZrY

I've included a flashable kernel.. you wouldn't need to flash that but if someone else releases a 4.4 rom you could flash my kernel and use it on other 4.4 roms.. it has all my extra goodies that you would normally see from my kernels.
    Simple Rules

respect each other
    help each other..
    please search before asking as i'm sure many others have asked the same thing.
    have fun in this thread.. keep on topic..
    instead of clogging up the thread use the thanks button
    sorry guys i've been working 9hour shifts everyday at work and try to spend as much time as i can when i get home at night.

yes.. the PA is like stock aosp.. very few changes.. its should have busybox as aosp doesn't... i'm trying to push some code to PA's gerrit review to get some stuff added back..

on the PA build i've fix google's location services..

also i made these changes..

- <bool name="def_install_non_market_apps">false</bool>
    - <bool name="def_package_verifier_enable">true</bool>
    + <bool name="def_install_non_market_apps">true</bool>
    + <bool name="def_package_verifier_enable">false</bool>

we're working on bringing back some basic features step by step. everyone is busy and hard at work so some patience :)
    we''ll have reboot menu back soon... pa boot ani is still old 3.0+ needs new 4.0+ bootani..i could personally add features and branch off but i rather just keep it on sync with pa.. no need to do the extra work right now..

hybrid 3 is being worked on. and a wack load of new stuff .. i've been so busy i haven't followed the thread. thanks to all that is helping out. as it seems u guys know more about 4.4 features and whatnot than i do. i only see what's written in codes.. i don't even know what works and what doesn't and it's amazing what u guys have learnt and fixed.. i willl fixup more. i'll fixup kernel too. i'll fixup whatever i can. i've also been busy working on the g2 .. it's my birthday on nov.11 so i'm celebrating this weekend .. as for now if u see new test builds try them out and just feedback on this thread thanks.

all the emails and PM's are also clogging and flooding up too.. and i'll try to help some other devs from our community to bringup their roms for 4.4 for the lgog as much as i can so u guys can enjoy other roms .

there's a list of names but i can't go through the whole thread and mention you guys. u guys know who you are.. thanks for helping out as right now i'm way too busy to answer everyone's questions .. i will try to support as many lgog devices as i can but what's more important is getting everything right first then makes it easier for the rest.. i'll update as i can
    sorry guys I've been so busy at work lately. and family and releasing the G2 kk 4.4 ..

I will try to have a new PA build out tonight.. new additions like Quick Tiles. where u can swap tiles around :) I still have to bring up Htc One.. once all this 4.4 kk bringups are done i'll have more time as well..