Compatibility – Ascend P6-U06
Android version – 4.4.2
Emotion UI version – 2.3
Firmware version - V100R001C00B014EDGE
Kernel version – 3.0.8
Languages – Multi-Language
Google Apps included – NO
kitkat-beta-ascend-p6.jpg

This firmware can be flashed via “local update” option on settings menu of your Ascend P6 and initial testers confirmed that this can be flashed from any current firmware versions such as B125,B118. This firmware includes new software functions such as floating Apps like you see on the above screenshot.
Download link - http://dl.huaweinews.com/Roms/Ascend-P6/EMUI2.3V100R001C00B014EDGE-U00-Beta.rar
source: huaweinews.com

Last edited:

Epsylon

Mar 2, 2008
Pilis, Hungary
Going to flash it after I finished downloading. I hope ther e is a hide nav bar function in it! :D
And I hope I won't brick my P6-U06 with it. :D

The screenshots say there is hide nav bar button.
Floating apps!! Yay!!

Last edited:

Epsylon

Mar 2, 2008
Pilis, Hungary
On what firmware you where before? Chinese or B125 International?

As I remember I was on B107 International. It's on my SD, so I can not check it untill it finishes booting.

---------- Post added at 09:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 AM ----------

Hmm..hmm.... It says that my P6-U06 is P6-U00...
I hope this will not cause any issues.

I like the new Simple Homescreen! :D

Last edited:
Reactions: nihi22

goce.nakov

May 27, 2010
Skopje
As I remember I was on B107 International. It's on my SD, so I can not check it untill it finishes booting.

---------- Post added at 09:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 AM ----------

Hmm..hmm.... It says that my P6-U06 is P6-U00...
I hope this will not cause any issues.

I like the new Simple Homescreen! :D

You can change that in build.prop. Report back any bugs please.

Reactions: nihi22

Epsylon

Mar 2, 2008
Pilis, Hungary
You can change that in build.prop. Report back any bugs please.

Google+ stopped.. Play Store says no connection. That's all yet. And some apps were force closing at the beginning that I didn't really see what they were 'cause Viber popped up and ruined everything. :D All of my apps/games that were installed are all here. Except the ones were in the folder something like Google applications. That folder is gone. I don't know what was in it, as I think I never opened it... :D

Weird.. I don't even have Google+ app.. How did it stopped?

JEEESUS!
I changed the theme back to Pure that I was using and got two new pages.. There is the G+ app,: App Center, Chrome, Driving Mode, File Manager (that was on my home screen before), Photos, Game Center, Google (??? An empty icon), Google Settings, Google+, Voice Search, Local, HiCare (what's that?), Notes, Log Tool (?), Navigation, Play Books, Play Newsstand, Play Music, Phone Manager, Video, Vmall (?), Voice Assistant, Baidu (?).

Last edited:

warea

Dec 1, 2007
Google+ stopped.. Play Store says no connection. That's all yet. And some apps were force closing at the beginning that I didn't really see what they were 'cause Viber popped up and ruined everything. :D All of my apps/games that were installed are all here. Except the ones were in the folder something like Google applications. That folder is gone. I don't know what was in it, as I think I never opened it... :D

Weird.. I don't even have Google+ app.. How did it stopped?

Yes google apps are not present in Chinese firmwares. There are topics here and here, which you can read through for seeing user reviews of those who flashed this rom.

warea

Dec 1, 2007
JEEESUS!
I changed the theme back to Pure that I was using and got two new pages.. There is the G+ app,: App Center, Chrome, Driving Mode, File Manager (that was on my home screen before), Photos, Game Center, Google (??? An empty icon), Google Settings, Google+, Voice Search, Local, HiCare (what's that?), Notes, Log Tool (?), Navigation, Play Books, Play Newsstand, Play Music, Phone Manager, Video, Vmall (?), Voice Assistant, Baidu (?).

Does the google store work now ? If it does, then you are lucky. If you do a factory reset, you will lose gapps and you will end up doing some complex methods to get full functional gapps.

Epsylon

Mar 2, 2008
Pilis, Hungary
Does the google store work now ? If it does, then you are lucky. If you do a factory reset, you will lose gapps and you will end up doing some complex methods to get full functional gapps.

No, it's not working. I can open it, but it says no connection.

---------- Post added at 10:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 AM ----------

Hmm.. I made a restart.. Doesn't boot up. I'm watching the Huawei logo for about ten minutes now.

I had to reflash it.. Now all my apps and Google apps gone. Luckily I have backups of everything. But it is strange that at the first restart it dies at the boot logo. Now I made a fast restart again to see if it's a permanent issue, but now it booted up without any problems.. So, looks like we must flash it on a wiped ROM.

Last edited:

richish

Dec 22, 2011
No, it's not working. I can open it, but it says no connection.

---------- Post added at 10:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 AM ----------

Hmm.. I made a restart.. Doesn't boot up. I'm watching the Huawei logo for about ten minutes now.

I had to reflash it.. Now all my apps and Google apps gone. Luckily I have backups of everything. But it is strange that at the first restart it dies at the boot logo. Now I made a fast restart again to see if it's a permanent issue, but now it booted up without any problems.. So, looks like we must flash it on a wiped ROM.

1. instaled via stock recovery
2. flashed TWRP 3.1 to get google apps ( every thing is working )
3. rooted with TWRP

using for 4.4.2 for 1 day.

UDNavbar is not working ( hate stock navbar. Any idea how to resize it or make UDNavbar work ? )
What about exposed framework???
phone is rooted. SU is crashing but premissions work.
Signal is better
No wifi drops
Battery life ,i think, is better
dint test any game yet will test in some min.
Antutu had 15k but is was on low signal ! Will try again NOW.

EDIT

On second run antutu score is 16.5 k
Look like gaming is better to.
And my phone model has been changed from P6-U06 to P6-U00 !!!! ???WHY ????

Reactions: Bladrim

Epsylon

Mar 2, 2008
Pilis, Hungary
1. instaled via stock recovery
2. flashed TWRP 3.1 to get google apps ( every thing is working )
3. rooted with TWRP

using for 4.4.2 for 1 day.

UDNavbar is not working ( hate stock navbar. Any idea how to resize it or make UDNavbar work ? )
What about exposed framework???
phone is rooted. SU is crashing but premissions work.
Signal is better
No wifi drops
Battery life ,i think, is better
dint test any game yet will test in some min.
Antutu had 15k but is was on low signal ! Will try again NOW.

EDIT

On second run antutu score is 16.5 k
Look like gaming is better to.
And my phone model has been changed from P6-U06 to P6-U00 !!!! ???WHY ????

Oh.. Lucky one! I had battery drain like 50% in an hour. So I'm flashing a B125 ROM. After flashing this 4.4 on it again, the little arrow to hide navbar gone. So, I don't like it anymore. I had a backup of settings (from here XDA) that had the option to hide navbar, but the phone said that that's not compatible with it anymore.. Fuuu... And the percentage display of the battery also gone. I didn't like the new File Manager. Everything else was fine for that one hour I was testing it. Maybe later I'll test it again. The floating apps stuff is really cool! :D

warea

Dec 1, 2007
Oh.. Lucky one! I had battery drain like 50% in an hour. So I'm flashing a B125 ROM. After flashing this 4.4 on it again, the little arrow to hide navbar gone. So, I don't like it anymore. I had a backup of settings (from here XDA) that had the option to hide navbar, but the phone said that that's not compatible with it anymore.. Fuuu... And the percentage display of the battery also gone. I didn't like the new File Manager. Everything else was fine for that one hour I was testing it. Maybe later I'll test it again. The floating apps stuff is really cool! :D

The Chinese firmware have the hide navigation bar option in setting itself. No need to use that backup file tool. As for battery percentage, then you have choice to enable or disable it from settings>battery, in emui2.0/2.3.

Last edited:

Epsylon

Mar 2, 2008
Pilis, Hungary
I'm on 4.4 again. I updated it now from B125 and didn't had any issues after restart like I had after updating from B107. Battery drain is still faster than at the 4.2 ROMs (8% in an hour with screen off, wifi on, didn't use it at all). I can confirm that Wi-Fi signal is stronger! This time I had all the previous apps/games that I had before the update. Didn't had to change theme to find them. Google applications are all there that I had on 4.2. They just don't work. :D
So.. I recommend to update to B125 and then update to KitKat. If we are talking about P6-U06. The device id changed to P6-U00 this time too. So I think it will change to that, no matter what was the ROM I came from.
For me it seems like that the processing speed is circa 20% faster, but the touch sensitivity became worst.
Am I the only one who thinks that the icons are a bit bigger than in 4.2?
Wake up is way faster! A half a second. It took one and a half to lit up the screen in 4.2.
Sound with the original headset is terrible. Traveling on a bus I did not hear anything! So I still have to use my ducttaped SonyEricsson push-it-in-brain headset..
I just hate the Cloud/Local view in the File Manager.. The Local/SD was far better.

The location service (or whatever) is always turned off on all of my devices. On this one too. And in every quarter hours I get a popup message that there is an error in location services..

There is no timestamp in camera settings. I don't remember if it was in 4.2, but that is an option I would need to have.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Compatibility – Ascend P6-U06
    Android version – 4.4.2
    Emotion UI version – 2.3
    Firmware version - V100R001C00B014EDGE
    Kernel version – 3.0.8
    Languages – Multi-Language
    Google Apps included – NO
    kitkat-beta-ascend-p6.jpg

This firmware can be flashed via “local update” option on settings menu of your Ascend P6 and initial testers confirmed that this can be flashed from any current firmware versions such as B125,B118. This firmware includes new software functions such as floating Apps like you see on the above screenshot.
    Download link - http://dl.huaweinews.com/Roms/Ascend-P6/EMUI2.3V100R001C00B014EDGE-U00-Beta.rar
    source: huaweinews.com
    In case anyone missed it in the other thread:

EMUI 2.0 will officially be released today, guys!! :D

P6 Unicom Emotion UI 2.0 + Andorid 4.4 will today (March 31) 17:00 Published B506 development version, please refer to the forum and EMUI official website updates, thank you

http://cn.club.vmall.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=663764&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dauthor%26orderby%3Ddateline%26orderby%3Ddateline

P6 Unicom Emotion UI 2.0
    P6-U06V100R001C17B506
    Imprint

Fit for:
    Huawei Ascend P6 Unicom version (P6-U06)
    Note:
    Please Brush Brush tutorial carefully read before, to avoid the risk of the process to bring;
    This version only applies to the above fit models, other models are not supported;
    This version is the development version, if you want to roll back to the original factory version or other versions, refer Brush guidance fallback version will lead to clear all user data.
    In order to avoid the upgrade process anomalies or data loss caused by back version, please be sure to back up your personal data before users upgrade.
    Email after upgrading local data will be cleared, re-login account synchronization updates from the server.
    Please update to the latest third-party applications to support Android4.4. Some third-party applications because there is no adaptation Android4.4, the phone does not work properly on the new version, there will be flash back, some functions can not be used to stop running, etc., known incompatible applications: 360 mobile guards V4.3.4, Fantasy shot 2.16 Zombies V1.0.9, WWII aircraft _V1.1, Sniper_V2.03, cut the rope _V2.5.6, QQ input method _V4.2._1171, STORM _V3.8.98, handheld Baidu _V2 .3.0.4, safety steward _V4.4.1, Tencent housekeeper _V4.6.0, every day, notepad, fusion search.
    Brush or use in any need of help and solve the problem can be to pollen club for support.
    For a better experience EMUI 2.0 and Android4.4 new features, we recommend that you back up your data after restore factory settings.

Update:
    [Recommend]
    Upgrade EmotionUI 2.0
    Upgrade Android 4.4.2
    New preset EMUI2.0 unique breeze, taste, elegant, tranquil, vitality official theme
    Added support for four-way panoramic photos
    Added support to shoot with sound Photo
    New Voice shutter camera with voice control
    New Continuous optimal selection
    Added support for playback, sharing photos with sound
    New mobile phone housekeeper, set permissions management, power management, mobile acceleration, space cleanup, virus killing, harassment and other functions in one interception
    Add a key optimization features, the phone instantly optimized to the best
    Added support for setting protected background application, after setting off the screen allows the background

[System]
    Upgrade EmotionUI 2.0 New Features
    Upgrade Android 4.4.2 new features

[Lock Screen]
    Added unlock screen glow animation
    Optimization breeze theme, sliding screen in any direction to unlock
    Optimized to increase the Lunar display

[Desktop]
    New Easy Desktop
    Shake optimization Auto Arrange desktop icons

[Topic]
    New preset EMUI2.0 unique breeze, taste, elegant, tranquil, vitality official theme
    New online font features

[Pulldown menu]
    Optimized version of the toolbar, more convenient operation
    Optimize long press on the toolbar shortcut buttons to enter the appropriate function setting interface

[Phone] butler
    New mobile phone housekeeper, set permissions management, power management, mobile acceleration, space cleanup, virus killing, harassment and other functions in one interception
    Add a key optimization features, the phone instantly optimized to the best
    Added support for setting protected background application, after setting off the screen allows the background

[Call History]
    New missed call display rings

[Info]
    Optimize multiple messaging applications can set one as the default messaging application

[Camera]
    Added support for four-way panoramic photos
    Added support to shoot with sound Photo
    New Voice shutter camera with voice control
    New Continuous optimal selection

[Gallery]
    Added support for playback, sharing photos with sound

[Calculator]
    The new optimized white style calculator

[Driving mode]
    Optimized to remove the profile, driving mode a separate stand-alone application, more convenient and easy to use
    New calls broadcast, a call comes automatically calls the voice say the name, telephone and other information
    New SMS broadcast, voice tells you the content of messages

http://cn.club.vmall.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=663819&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dauthor%26orderby%3Ddateline%26orderby%3Ddateline
    Hey, guys! Has anyone seen this rom: 2014/3/25 Share Huawei Ascend P6 telecommunications EMUI2.0 Androi4.4.2 card brush streamlined package _ ‖ ‖ ‖ stable?

I know it's for the P6-C00, but the OP in the thread said (according to my understanding) that the Unicom version can also flash this.
    I haven't tried it yet, but I'll do so when I have some time.

EDIT: Ok, so I did a dirty flash over EMUI2.3 beta, and so far, my external SD isn't being read, and my back button isn't working either, and the Huawei keyboard, which is the only keyboard installed, keeps giving an error. I'll have to try a clean install later to see if it makes a difference.
    Maybe this month. It is still in beta sadly.

BB

A stable Chinese version at least, on March, according to this chat screenshot with someone from Huawei:
    http://bbs.anzhi.com/thread-8802106-1-1.html
    Please report did you put update on SD or in internal storage

I put the UPDATE.APP in a dload folder on an SD card. Just finished with updating. It's rebooting and updating apps.
    Optimalisating apps.. 40/152... going to take some time..