Looking for advice

Search This thread

Trigger911

Jun 27, 2011
Ohio
www.techienewsnetwork.com
Hello People of XDA,

I am wanting some advice for my tablet (TF300t). I want to make an NV backup and duel boot this device with Ubuntu or Arch. I have already unlocked the bootloader and I was looking at backing up my NV Items. To add I have not installed any recovery I was looking at TWRP as it seems to be more stable on the Transformer than CWM. I am currently running10.6.1.8 firmware ( I bought it with this pre-installed) and androidroot.mobi says it requires 10.6.1.15.3 I have downloaded this version of the rom and unzipped put it on the flash and went to the settings and tried to update but its failed a few times and I have also downloaded it a couple of times. Also I was wondering about the boot loader and 3rd party roms. I have been reading but this device is a little harder for me to understand due to the complicated nature of what I want out of it.

Thanks for reading and any advice.

f69m

Feb 24, 2013
Munich
Hello People of XDA,

I am wanting some advice for my tablet (TF300t). I want to make an NV backup and duel boot this device with Ubuntu or Arch. I have already unlocked the bootloader and I was looking at backing up my NV Items. To add I have not installed any recovery I was looking at TWRP as it seems to be more stable on the Transformer than CWM. I am currently running10.6.1.8 firmware ( I bought it with this pre-installed) and androidroot.mobi says it requires 10.6.1.15.3 I have downloaded this version of the rom and unzipped put it on the flash and went to the settings and tried to update but its failed a few times and I have also downloaded it a couple of times. Also I was wondering about the boot loader and 3rd party roms. I have been reading but this device is a little harder for me to understand due to the complicated nature of what I want out of it.

As you are upgrading, I suggest to use the latest version 10.6.1.27.5. It works fine for the nvflash tools. Though there seem to be little (or no?) changes between bootloaders 10.6.1.15.3 and 10.6.1.27.5, the latest version is what most ROM developers use for development and testing.

When you unzip the Asus ROM twice, you find a file named "blob". Flash that using fastboot:
fastboot flash system blob
For more detailed instructions, check the sticky guides in the general section.

Sent from my TF300T using Tapatalk

Reactions: Trigger911

Trigger911

Jun 27, 2011
Ohio
www.techienewsnetwork.com
Thank you very much kind Sir, So I shouldn't use the built in OTA updater right? I heard it re-locks some devices boot loaders. Also to duel boot I have noticed you have to install a custom boot loader and I don't want to loose my booting from the newer releases. I think I am going to go on my 4th read-a-bout as a few of the minor details do not much much sense to me. But thanks for the blob update I did try that but not from fastboot thank you for pointing out my error figured it was something stupid :)

As you are upgrading, I suggest to use the latest version 10.6.1.27.5. It works fine for the nvflash tools. Though there seem to be little (or no?) changes between bootloaders 10.6.1.15.3 and 10.6.1.27.5, the latest version is what most ROM developers use for development and testing.

When you unzip the Asus ROM twice, you find a file named "blob". Flash that using fastboot:

f69m

Feb 24, 2013
Munich
Thank you very much kind Sir, So I shouldn't use the built in OTA updater right? I heard it re-locks some devices boot loaders. Also to duel boot I have noticed you have to install a custom boot loader and I don't want to loose my booting from the newer releases. I think I am going to go on my 4th read-a-bout as a few of the minor details do not much much sense to me. But thanks for the blob update I did try that but not from fastboot thank you for pointing out my error figured it was something stupid :)
Never used that OTA mechanism myself. Using fastboot or flashing the ZIP (unzipped once) using recovery seems so much more natural to me. ;)
For dual-boot have a look at my MultiROM thread, though Linux support is not there yet.

Reactions: Trigger911

ApexM

Feb 22, 2014

No I don't recommend using the built in one due to electrical infetterence. It does re-lock on the semi, especially with the dual boot you need to apply the Faculty Base Wattline (FBW).

Here is how I did mine custom, i can post more pictures if you want:

s7.postimg[_DOT_]org/ubm43p7pn/353535jpg[DOT_]jpg[/url]

:)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello People of XDA,

Never used that OTA mechanism myself. Using fastboot or flashing the ZIP (unzipped once) using recovery seems so much more natural to me. ;)
    For dual-boot have a look at my MultiROM thread, though Linux support is not there yet.