[ROM][4.2.2][Aug 6th] Slim Bean-d2spr [build 8]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread
G

GuestD0701

Re: [ROM][4.2.1][linaro-kernel] Slim Bean - d2spr [RC-2] 2-4-2013

I only sent over wifi, didn't try to receive. Speaking of airave...I have one at home now (wicked signal problems at home with the NV upgrade) and just the other night, I was able to make/receive phone calls just fine, but I couldn't send any texts while connected. As soon as we unplugged it, BAM, texts went through just fine. Made no sense to me. I could send them through the Google Voice app (using data of course) no problem, but when going through Sprint's airave, no dice.

My phone would only connect to the thing 10% of the time as it was, but my wife is there all day, so we kind of need reliable service at our home.

You have to reset and reboot the airave and give it about 2-3 mins, it will be fine then... Mine used to do that a lot when I flashed daily.. Sprint site said something about factory resets causing it idk but that will fix it.

Sent from my Slim Bean D2spr machine!

---------- Post added at 03:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 PM ----------

Noticed my scheduler won't change from cfq using the rom performance setting on today's build. Sound seems all good thus far on my end..

hayzooos

Mar 10, 2011
Illinois
You have to reset and reboot the airave and give it about 2-3 mins, it will be fine then... Mine used to do that a lot when I flashed daily.. Sprint site said something about factory resets causing it idk but that will fix it.

---------- Post added at 03:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 PM ----------

Noticed my scheduler won't change from cfq using the rom performance setting on today's build. Sound seems all good thus far on my end..

Weird. I'll give it another shot tonight and see what happens. Thanks for the info!

guirae

Mar 30, 2011
San Francisco

After a full day of use (flashed clean. RC 2. Coming from TW):

AWESOME BATTERY LIFE. 46% on 12 hours, screen on for 1 hour 7 minutes, and couple of phone calls totalling under 20 minutes.

SUPER SMOOTH

MMS works flawless for my build.

Seems like the Korean character issue is on other AOSP builds as well. Seems like I need to install a font pack or add some scripts. Anyone know where to find language scripts in CM10.1 or other ROMs (Korean characters were working for me in CM10.1)?

Reasons for leaving CM10.1:

Pushing home button would at times act as if I was holding it down to access recent apps (Haven't experienced in this ROM)

Camera would lag and stutter (not evident in this ROM to the degree it was on CM 10.1)

THANKS CORDELL

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:
Reactions: cordell12

cordell12

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 22, 2010
Dayton, TX
After a full day of use (flashed clean. RC 2. Coming from TW):

AWESOME BATTERY LIFE. 46% on 12 hours, screen on for 1 hour 7 minutes, and couple of phone calls totalling under 20 minutes.

SUPER SMOOTH

MMS works flawless for my build.

Seems like the Korean character issue is on other AOSP builds as well. Seems like I need to install a font pack or add some scripts. Anyone know where to find language scripts in CM10.1 or other ROMs (Korean characters were working for me in CM10.1)?

Reasons for leaving CM10.1:

Pushing home button would at times act as if I was holding it down to access recent apps (Haven't experienced in this ROM)

Camera would lag and stutter (not evident in this ROM to the degree it was on CM 10.1)

THANKS CORDELL

check you PM in about a hour. sending you a test build, let me know if the issue is solved.

Thanks

hayzooos

Mar 10, 2011
Illinois
I still think there might be an issue with Bluetooth somewhere in here. A few things I noticed:

1. Last night, well after I was finished using bluetooth (it was turned off) I realized it started to show up in battery usage quite a bit. Like 30+% behind screen which was on for a little over 2 hours. I rebooted and everything seemed to go away. Again, this was hours after I was home and A2DP was off well before this started to happen...I think
2. This morning on my way into work, I was streaming Pandora just fine through A2DP as well. I decided I wanted to listen to a little Journey, so I stopped Pandora, switched over to Google Music and played one song. Then searched for another, hit the play button, and it locked up and the phone rebooted.

I'm not 100% what exactly caused it, but I think there is still something a little wonky with Bluetooth. I'm on the 02/07 RC2.1 builid. I have the one from yesterday on my phone, so I'll flash that now.

riggs170

Dec 14, 2011
Indianapolis

I still think there might be an issue with Bluetooth somewhere in here. A few things I noticed:

1. Last night, well after I was finished using bluetooth (it was turned off) I realized it started to show up in battery usage quite a bit. Like 30+% behind screen which was on for a little over 2 hours. I rebooted and everything seemed to go away. Again, this was hours after I was home and A2DP was off well before this started to happen...I think
2. This morning on my way into work, I was streaming Pandora just fine through A2DP as well. I decided I wanted to listen to a little Journey, so I stopped Pandora, switched over to Google Music and played one song. Then searched for another, hit the play button, and it locked up and the phone rebooted.

I'm not 100% what exactly caused it, but I think there is still something a little wonky with Bluetooth. I'm on the 02/07 RC2.1 builid. I have the one from yesterday on my phone, so I'll flash that now.

I have had similar issue not sure what caused it either, listening to subsonic then switched to Pandora and everything was real laggy then had to reboot to remedy the issue.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

hayzooos

Mar 10, 2011
Illinois
I have had similar issue not sure what caused it either, listening to subsonic then switched to Pandora and everything was real laggy then had to reboot to remedy the issue.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Yup yup. I just flashed the 02/10 RC2.1 ROM so I'll have to test this out again after work. Thanks for the feedback.

volkey

Nov 7, 2010
Can anybody recommend something other than DS Battery Saver or Juice Defender?

I'm getting horrible battery life, but it's because when I am at work I bounce back and forth between roaming and 3G. DS Battery Saver has a weird bug though for me, a lot of time when I turn the screen on it doesn't enable data so I have to manually go turn it back on.

diaftia

Mar 14, 2007
Danville, CA
Can anybody recommend something other than DS Battery Saver or Juice Defender?

I'm getting horrible battery life, but it's because when I am at work I bounce back and forth between roaming and 3G. DS Battery Saver has a weird bug though for me, a lot of time when I turn the screen on it doesn't enable data so I have to manually go turn it back on.

There is a free mobile data widget in the play store. Go and dowload it and add it to your main screen. Makes it real easy to see if its off and turn it back on with one click.

I got the pro version so that I could disable data turn off with DS. But when I need long battery life and can change profiles and use that to make it go even longer.

RTWright

Dec 13, 2010
Fort Worth
Well I had an odd thing happen. I was listening to music, in PowerAmp ( My favorite music app! ), I received a phone call. It cut the music off, obviously as it's supposed to. Then after the call was gone, I could not get the music to work. I also noticed erratic behavior of the Haptic Feedback system. It was hitting twice for every single touch of a button, icon or just about anywhere on the screen. Then the menus started acting up, like the pull-down menu for notifications would not stay down it wouldn't even allow me to pull it down and hold it in place. The entire device started behaving erratically. This has only happened one other time when I tried out a CM 10.1 Nightly Build and had to instantly get it off the device.

So when I noticed the Unofficial RC 2.1 link, I gave that a try and flashed it over the current RC 2 and now everything is back to normal without having to reinstall all my apps and settings for most of them. I'm not even sure how I'd go about explaining this any better or give any further information on it. But I know when the device is acting up from the haptic feedback starting to act up then everything else follows. On top of the haptic hitting twice per single touch, it also is intensified two to three times more than the normal setting ( It vibrations are much more pronounced ). Not sure if anyone else has ever had this happen before but it is an odd one.

So far RC 2.1 is doing great, I seriously love this ROM, it's the best one for my taste in the way I like things on my GS III. Awesome job and hope to see a lot more of it in the future, I certainly have no plans of changing! :cool:

guirae

Mar 30, 2011
San Francisco
check you PM in about a hour. sending you a test build, let me know if the issue is solved.

Thanks

Flashed the ROM he sent me. Korean Characters going blank issue is fixed! Thanks Cordell!

A piece of knowledge: after I DIRTY flashed the build he sent me, i booted up and was greeted with the pin pattern (lockscreen). When i drew the wrong pattern, it would turn red and let me know i was wrong. but if i got it right, it would go to the boot animation and reboot...couldn't go into the phone. Just a heads up!

Suggestion: Maybe have a 320 DPI (standard) option available for download. Slightly tedious but not hard to change. Interface --> General --> LCD Density--> Push the steps. They actually have scripts when you tap the steps. They are not just for viewing. They will literally guide you through changing the DPI. Do NOT try to erase Play Store data on your own..it messes things up.

Again, thank you Cordell for your hard work!

diaftia

Mar 14, 2007
Danville, CA

Well I had an odd thing happen. I was listening to music, in PowerAmp ( My favorite music app! ), I received a phone call. It cut the music off, obviously as it's supposed to. Then after the call was gone, I could not get the music to work. I also noticed erratic behavior of the Haptic Feedback system. It was hitting twice for every single touch of a button, icon or just about anywhere on the screen. Then the menus started acting up, like the pull-down menu for notifications would not stay down it wouldn't even allow me to pull it down and hold it in place. The entire device started behaving erratically. This has only happened one other time when I tried out a CM 10.1 Nightly Build and had to instantly get it off the device.

So when I noticed the Unofficial RC 2.1 link, I gave that a try and flashed it over the current RC 2 and now everything is back to normal without having to reinstall all my apps and settings for most of them. I'm not even sure how I'd go about explaining this any better or give any further information on it. But I know when the device is acting up from the haptic feedback starting to act up then everything else follows. On top of the haptic hitting twice per single touch, it also is intensified two to three times more than the normal setting ( It vibrations are much more pronounced ). Not sure if anyone else has ever had this happen before but it is an odd one.

So far RC 2.1 is doing great, I seriously love this ROM, it's the best one for my taste in the way I like things on my GS III. Awesome job and hope to see a lot more of it in the future, I certainly have no plans of changing! :cool:

I have had the same exact thing happen constantly. If anything breaks the audio, like a phone call, Pandora going to the next song, fast forwarding in SiriusXM it breaks it. Almost nothing gets it back.

Fresh install with a wipe and downgrade to 2.0 does not fix it. It was rock solid before I did an upgrade to the 2.1 unofficial. Now I can't even get 2.0 to work.

---------- Post added at 08:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 PM ----------

I have had the same exact thing happen constantly. If anything breaks the audio, like a phone call, Pandora going to the next song, fast forwarding in SiriusXM it breaks it. Almost nothing gets it back.

Fresh install with a wipe and downgrade to 2.0 does not fix it. It was rock solid before I did an upgrade to the 2.1 unofficial. Now I can't even get 2.0 to work.

Interesting. I was able to fix it by restoring a 2.0 backup. Maybe there is something in the TB restore (even though I am just getting user apps) or in the Google restore process that is rebreaking things.

RTWright

Dec 13, 2010
Fort Worth
Interesting. I was able to fix it by restoring a 2.0 backup. Maybe there is something in the TB restore (even though I am just getting user apps) or in the Google restore process that is rebreaking things.

I did note that on a clean flash after it happened it took me a couple of flashes to get it to work. The Google process of restoring got messed up somehow. What I found was, Google Play still showed a great deal of the apps still as installed on their end. I had to do a single at a time, manual install of the apps that were like that. Then a manual update as well on a few. Basically, any auto update or restore was failing instantly. It's something to do with how Google registers an app installed or not. Problem is, it gets messed up when you flash this ROM as it's the only one in a long time that actually has triggered the full restore option from Google, normally I don't get this from any. It worked perfectly the first time I flashed this ROM, after that it doesn't work to well.

Really wish Google would give us more control over our accounts for organizing and choosing which apps can auto restore and putting in custom categories. I'd like to have them setup in a way I could find certain classes up apps faster that I use frequently ( ie: Music, Camera, Movies, etc.... ). Glad I have TB again, at least I can back up the apps and data separate.

hiboi214

May 22, 2009

Does acid mod work with this mod?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

HockeyZ39

Feb 19, 2008
I have been having mildly jittery/distorted menu scrolling scrolling after the phone has been on for a while. ALL other scrolling is flawless regardless how long the phone has been on. Has anyone else experienced this? Or does anyone have an idea what I may be doing to cause this?

Whats weird is after a cache/dalvik wipe the menu scrolling is PERFECTLY smooth. But after the phone has been on for a while the scrolling starts getting jittery/distorted when scrolling again.

I experience the same results regardless if I am in a completely stock state or if I enable my usual tweaks and flash a different kernel. I have tried all the different combinations of the default performance settings with the same results as well.

I tried enabling/disabling scrolling cache via the build.prop but this seemed to make no difference either way.

TIA for any help.

thearch1tect

Aug 10, 2008
Houston Area

Been running the RC 2.1 for a day or two now and running smooth. Only issue I've come across is that I can't send or receive MMS over WiFi. I haven't tried it with something like go SMS yet. I'd like to stick to the stock messaging app if possible. Anyone have a fix for this?

---------------------------------------------
Sent from AOSP S3. Hit the thanks button if I was helpful!

hayzooos

Mar 10, 2011
Illinois
Been running the RC 2.1 for a day or two now and running smooth. Only issue I've come across is that I can't send or receive MMS over WiFi. I haven't tried it with something like go SMS yet. I'd like to stick to the stock messaging app if possible. Anyone have a fix for this?

What kernel are you running? I only ask because I don't have a problem sending (or receiving) MMS over wifi but I'm not using the kernel that comes with the ROM. I've seen a few other people state they were having issues with it as well, so it could be an issue with the stock kernel.

thearch1tect

Aug 10, 2008
Houston Area

What kernel are you running? I only ask because I don't have a problem sending (or receiving) MMS over wifi but I'm not using the kernel that comes with the ROM. I've seen a few other people state they were having issues with it as well, so it could be an issue with the stock kernel.

I'm using ktoonez 2/7 kernel

thearch1tect

Aug 10, 2008
Houston Area

Anyone experience issues with the time being accurate? Been running the phone since early this morning and noticed the time was off by about a half hour just now.

Edit: a reboot fixed it but seems silly to have to reboot it if the time goes out of wack.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SlimBeanOP2.png

Disclaimer: We are not responsible for any damages on your device.

Original Slim Features:

1. The Real Dark Slim
    2. Notification drawer Shortcuts
    3. Full hardware key rebinding!
    4. Keyboard rotation
    5. SlimCenter

Check out our full feature list here

Changelog
    Find our latest Changelog go here

Chat with the slim team and other slim users
    • IRC: #slimusers @freenode
    • New to IRC? Don't have a native app? Try the Freenode web client [link] or the Firefox extension Chatzilla [link]
    • Google+ [link]
    • Twitter [link]
    • Facebook [Link]

Installation instructions
    For Most Users
    Please keep in mind if a special instruction is needed it will be noted in the Changelog
    • Download the latest build from [here]
    • Addons ( if you don't have it already) from [here]
    • !Recommended! Full wipe, and manual format /system
    • Flash ROM and the addons you want, reboot

FAQ
    Check out out FAQ before posting! Keeps more common questions answered in one place!

Help us out!
    If you want to help us by translating slim to your language check out Crowdin.net and submite your translations.
    Or consider a donation.

Thanks!
    You can find the full list of credits here

Source
    Please visit here for the rom source code.
    Kernel source can be found here
    Status Update...

I've been pretty busy at work, 6 days a week, 12+ hours a day (outside/Texas/HOT!). So I am pretty beat to say the least. Just want to let everyone know that 4.3 IS currently being worked on, we have it booted and running on Nexus devices, so the rest will follow suit shortly :good:

also, the CDMA d2 devices (d2spr/d2vzw/d2usc) will be getting a new maintainer. I currently have 8 devices and its just to much to juggle with family and work. Plus I don't have a d2 any more and new maintainer does. If he wants to/ready to announce himself, then he can do so, or we will have a formal announcement later, as well as threads transferred. I want to Thank you all for supporting me and Slim, as well as helping me and each other with your devices and the threads. You guys are GREAT and are what makes all this worth it. Without your support the fun is gone, and it can become almost meaningless, job like :( This is definitely not the case here though! Not to get all mushy, but you guys have made this experience well worth it :good: just wanted to say "Thank You" and i hope to see ALL of you on a like device soon ;)

Thanks
    How To Install SlimBean
    For Most Users
    Please keep in mind if a special instruction is needed it will be noted in the Changelog
    • Download the latest build from [here]
    • Addons ( if you don't have it already) from [here]
    • !recommended! Full wipe, and manual format /system
    • Flash ROM and the addons you want, reboot

Changelog
    Find our latest Changelog [here]

FAQ
    Check out our FAQ before posting! Keeps more common questions answered in one place! Take a peek [here]

Bug list
    For a list of confirmed bugs look [here]

Thanks!
    Big thanks to CM team, without them SlimRoms wouldn't be possible.
    You can find the full list of credits [here]

Source
    Please visit [here] for the source code.
    The feeling entitlement that some have is what ruins this whole thing called Android. Nothing discourages anyone more than some ass-hat posting some off the wall crap about what s/he wants, and wants it now. I had a guy tell me that I should manage my time more efficiently, rather than post in threads I should use that time to build Nightlies so he can keep up with CM Nightlies on Slim, WTF?

Anyway, maybe this will help lift some spirits, http://d-h.st/V9m <--- Linaro built kernel inside :silly:
    Got a PM the other day, I have been approved for RD status, go me! LOL

Thanks for all the help/feedback/testing, I couldnt do it without you guys!

For those who are curious about the 3.4 kernel, build4 will be the 3.4 kernel, it is now stable enough to put out in a build. the reason I stayed with the 3.0 is at the time of build3 release there were major issues with "freezes" on the 3.4 kernel. These are all gone now, and the phone call freeze, I haven't gotten one on 3.4 BUT, on the 3.0 kernel I have only gotten this once, so...