[Q] Unresponsive screen after flashing ROM/Kernel

Search This thread

ricky7D

Mar 1, 2013
Hello All,

First time post and as an offering, I will say 'thanks' to anyone that responds in a positive manner to my post (trying to win some friends) :laugh:

Here's my issue, I have an Arc S LT18i.
Unlocked bootloader and rooted.

Whenever I flash anything custom the touch screen fails to respond, i've flashed LupusV7, slim bean 3.1 and 3.2 (with arc fusion 3.6 and 4.5) and Super Jelly Bean. All seemingly start without any issues and the physical buttons work no problem. BUT the screen refuses to work in anyway at all!!

I have made sure I wiped the system, cache and delvak (sp?)

Any help greatly appreciated, I am a NOOB but underneath it all I'm just trying to make the most of this wonderful Arc S...

Anything you want to know, please ask away...

Please help.

Namaste

Ricky:fingers-crossed:

msc3169

Nov 19, 2012
Mumbai
Try doing a clean install
- Flash stock ICS .587 ftf
- Flash Kernel
- Wipe data,cache & dalvik
- Install ROM

sent via XPERIA™

Reactions: ricky7D

ricky7D

Mar 1, 2013
Same thing!!

- Flash Kernel
- Install ROM

sent via XPERIA™

Hello and thank you for the reply...
I flashed stock ICS .587 (world india) from this site talk.sonymobile.com/thread/35239
Does that count as stock ICS .587? :confused:

And then followed the rest of the instructions, the exact same thing happens... buttons work but the touch screen does not!? :mad:

Any other ideas please? Or does anyone else have a suggestion?

Thank you very much for taking the time to reply to me.

Ricky

popthosegaskets

Jun 25, 2012
Singapore
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
OnePlus 8T
I flashed stock ICS .587 (world india) from this site talk.sonymobile.com/thread/35239

And then followed the rest of the instructions, the exact same thing happens... buttons work but the touch screen does not!? :mad:

Ricky

Are you using compatible ROM and Kernel?

僕のLT18iから送られてきた

ricky7D

Mar 1, 2013
compatible ROM and Kernel

僕のLT18iから送られてきた

Hello, thanks for the reply...

According to the Slim Bean page, I can use ANY kernel with that rom. But also, if I just have the Lupusv7 Kernel on there, the touch screen doesn't work within that, so not a ROM/Kernel conflict I belive.

I've also tried other Kernel/ROM combinations, same thing keeps on happening. Touchscreen works 100% with a SE restore, stock ROM.

Any other ideas please??

popthosegaskets

Jun 25, 2012
Singapore
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
OnePlus 8T
Hello, thanks for the reply...

According to the Slim Bean page, I can use ANY kernel with that rom. But also, if I just have the Lupusv7 Kernel on there, the touch screen doesn't work within that, so not a ROM/Kernel conflict I belive.

I've also tried other Kernel/ROM combinations, same thing keeps on happening. Touchscreen works 100% with a SE restore, stock ROM.

Any other ideas please??

It's best to use the recommended kernel as stated on the ROM thread. Try another kernel and see how things go.

僕のLT18iから送られてきた

ricky7D

Mar 1, 2013
Kernel or ROM issue?

It's best to use the recommended kernel as stated on the ROM thread. Try another kernel and see how things go.

僕のLT18iから送られてきた

Hello,

As previously mentioned, the reccomended kernel is Lupusv7, When i flash this Kernel into recovery mode, all looks well but as it has a touch screen interface this still doesn't work!

I'm presuming that it cannot be a conflict as it's happen before I instll the new ROM etc... the touch screen doesn't even work within the GUI of the Lupusv7 kernel. :mad:

I can get multiple ROMS to load with different kernels but so far, none have booted with the touch screen working!!

I am very much a noob but have read loads of articles on how this should be done, unless i'm missing something very obvious which isn't stated then I dont see anyone else having this issue.

Any clues people? :good:

Thanks, Ricky

ricky7D

Mar 1, 2013
AROMA?

You sure you installed device-specific patch / chose correct phone in AROMA?

Hello Someguyfromhell,

I haven't used AROMA, the guides i've been reading haven't mentioned this!?
This is the process I went through:

flashed stock ICS ROM
flashed kernel
wipe data/cache/davlik
flashed rom

rebooted, ROM loads up and the touch screen doesn't work.

Any help you can give me on AROMA, links etc?
I'm looking right now, but a 'leg up' would be great.

Thanks for the reply. :)

Ricky

Last edited:

monemmostafa

Feb 25, 2013
cairo
here what to do

- Make sure you had installed Official 4.0.4 ftf pack
- When flashing official ftf pack remember to exclude / tick these things:
1. simlock.ta (Exclude TA)
2. Kernel.sin (Exclude kernel)
3. FOTA (Exclude FOTA)
After flash successful, power on your phone and let it start completely
- Now you can start to install any ROM
1.Flash the Recommended Kernel: Vengeance , KTG Anzu , RUSH
2. Place ROM on SD card
3. Power off the phone and boot into CWM
3. Backup and restore > choose Backup
4. Wipe Data/Factory Reset
5. Mounts and storage > Format /system
6. Advanced > Wipe battery stats
7. Install zip from SD card > Choose the rom
8. if rom uses aroma Follow on screen instructions on AROMA, remember to choose "Unlocked bootloader" and also the correct kernel modules and of course the correct phone model
9. After complete installation tick "Reboot" and let the phone restart
10. Give the phone a good full charge, and enjoy ur phone !
11.THE MOST IMPORTANT THING PRESS THANKS if I helped :):)

Someguyfromhell

Feb 2, 2012
Hello Someguyfromhell,

I haven't used AROMA, the guides i've been reading haven't mentioned this!?
This is the process I went through:

flashed stock ICS ROM
flashed kernel
wipe data/cache/davlik
flashed rom

rebooted, ROM loads up and the touch screen doesn't work.

Any help you can give me on AROMA, links etc?
I'm looking right now, but a 'leg up' would be great.

Thanks for the reply. :)

Ricky

Then did you install the device-specific patch?

eakav

Feb 13, 2012
ok man, you've got the same problem like me ;)

First thing, all roms that make your touch screen doesn't work will based on cm (e.g. cm10, slim, any jb).
and ALL STOCK roms will get no problem.
There's lot of people here got this problem and still has no clue why this problem occure to ours, so sad story.

Someone says that the touch screen firmware sould be updated to the lastest version, but i don't know how.

One solution that i found is, remove the battery to turn off then turn it on to reboot again and again. If you lucky enough, the touch screen will work like a miracle!

and the success rate is also <50% ( based on my experience only) :eek:

ricky7D

Mar 1, 2013
AROMOA guide?

Then did you install the device-specific patch?

on all the ROM guides, I have never seen a part where it says i should install a device specific patch, do you have a link to where these may be?

Or even a ROM with guide where it says this? I'm very happy to follow that to get this working. I have no preference to CM10, Slim Bean, Racing Bean etc... as of yet i've not been able to use any of them.

Thanks for the continued response.

Ricky

ricky7D

Mar 1, 2013
THANK YOU

ok man, you've got the same problem like me ;)

First thing, all roms that make your touch screen doesn't work will based on cm (e.g. cm10, slim, any jb).
and ALL STOCK roms will get no problem.
There's lot of people here got this problem and still has no clue why this problem occure to ours, so sad story.

Someone says that the touch screen firmware sould be updated to the lastest version, but i don't know how.

One solution that i found is, remove the battery to turn off then turn it on to reboot again and again. If you lucky enough, the touch screen will work like a miracle!

and the success rate is also <50% ( based on my experience only) :eek:

Ah ha... sounds like you have the same problem as me!
Did you manage to get any JB ROM working? If so, which one, just so I can try that also...

Does anyone else have an idea on how to update the touch screen firmware?

Really appreciate the feedback, thank you one and all!! :eek:

Ricky

eakav

Feb 13, 2012
Did you manage to get any JB ROM working? If so, which one, just so I can try that also...
Ricky

This solution is the one that i think it can move some files which related to touch screen.
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=34593771&postcount=23
But sorry, it still get sometimes for the touch screen didn't response :crying:

However, as i mentioned above; you can get ALL jb rom working :fingers-crossed:
But depends on your luck. Just turn it off when the touch screen didn't response, then turn it on again (and again) untill it work.

I hoped that the new linux kernel will solve this...

lewis7139

Oct 22, 2012
No touch

This solution is the one that i think it can move some files which related to touch screen.

But depends on your luck. Just turn it off when the touch screen didn't response, then turn it on again (and again) untill it work.

I have same issue have tried many stock based roms and kernels no problem but any CM based rom I have no touchscreen.
You can reboot and about 1 in 5 times it will work
Maybe it only affects certain versions of the phone. I even tried re-locking bootloader and doing official sony update then tried CM again I tried 7.1,9 and 10
same problem.

Reactions: ricky7D and eakav

ricky7D

Mar 1, 2013
Here's where I am...

UPDATE:

So, here is where I am. Using advice from previous replies I have managed to install Xperia Ultimate HD and this is working off of the Lupus kernel without any issues. I'm still unable to get ANY Jelly Bean roms working...

Maybe my device will just not work on JB :crying:

Any other tips or tricks are greatly appreciated, would love to get JB working on here my beloved Arc S.

Ricky :good:

pbalsic

Sep 10, 2010
I have same problem, touch screen doesn't work on many different kernels... only work on stock kernel :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    No touch

I have same issue have tried many stock based roms and kernels no problem but any CM based rom I have no touchscreen.
    You can reboot and about 1 in 5 times it will work
    Maybe it only affects certain versions of the phone. I even tried re-locking bootloader and doing official sony update then tried CM again I tried 7.1,9 and 10
    same problem.
    Ricky

- Flash Kernel
    - Install ROM

sent via XPERIA™

Ricky

僕のLT18iから送られてきた
    You sure you installed device-specific patch / chose correct phone in AROMA?