Abysmal battery life. Frozen is not frozen?

Search This thread

nomad4ever

I'm using my G2 now since 2 months and generally I'm happy with it, coming from a Galaxy Nexus. Just the battery is still one of my concerns, I just don't seem to be able to crack the code to get that awesome battery life, everyone is talking about.

I have the international, unlocked, no carrier version.

I'm rooted, using Greenify (most background apps greenified), Gsam, Snapdragon Battery Guru. Most unnecessary LG/spam processes are frozen with Titanium (as per the respective threads), Google Location Service I only switch on when needed (Play Service is updated to the latest, battery saving version), I tried that with sync as well, without much difference. Bluetooth, NFC all off. I'm mainly in area of good 3G reception. LTE is off via Network Modes.

Mainly I use the device for Internet browsing, Whatsapp, tapatalk, Facebook. Nothing spectacular, no gaming.

I usually get a SOT of around 3 hours on 3G, 4 if I'm lucky, and sync & location is off and when on Wifi only.

Over night I regularly lose around 10% of battery if unplugged, with empty task manager/recent apps.

Following my Gsam stats, Android System is the biggest culprit. What disturbs me most, is that apps and processes that show frozen in Titanium are showing up in the details as well, aka LG Backup, Install Service, Setup Wizard, PC Suite Service.

What the heck is going on? Has anyone a clue what else I could do?

Sent from my LG G2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

djraimondi

Oct 24, 2013
New York
I would like to extend this as well. I have frozen lots of lg apps and in android system today lg VPN was my highest usage. I have never used lg VPN or any VPN service so.....

Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app

masteril

Nov 30, 2012
try to uninstall facebook app if installed.use fast instead. its really heavy and bad app the official one.

Sent from my LG-D802 using xda app-developers app

Howie Dub

Apr 13, 2011
Facebook and Facebook Messenger apps are two of the worst apps when it comes to battery drains. I just have shortcuts set up to the webpage versions. Also, I had a significant increase in battery life after disabling Intelligent Agent. Make sure you're rebooting your phone after disabling an app to clear it out of memory. And I've read that Snapdragon Battery Guru is a battery hog as well even though it's supposed to help battery life.

EDIT: Changed freezing to disabling, because I didn't freeze anything, but disabled IA. Disabled CIQ as well, but didn't noticed any significant increase.

Last edited:

chaki-

Apr 3, 2012
Banana Paradise
Guys, i start to think that the battery in this phone is sh*t :D After 1-2 months it's starting to drain quickly and we are goin nuts to disable or freeze almost everything .....

Damasterjj

Feb 20, 2012
instead of using facebook app use, chrome web browser. I have facebook messenger and it does not seem so have much impact on battery life.

Also I think you have too many apps that monitor battery life. I don't use any I get 100 hours standby 2 hours talk 2 hours screen time.

Also are you getting weak signal? or frequently lose it?

Howie Dub

Apr 13, 2011
CIQ and Intelligent Agent don't seem to be in the international version, at least not on my device, can't find.

Sent from my LG G2 using Tapatalk
Didn't see that your phone isn't carrier specific...I believe CIQ is carrier bloat. Intelligent Agent should be on there as it's an LG app. It is listed as LGLIA in your system folder

LordLugard

Apr 25, 2008
NYC
I'll chime in. Haven't had my phone for 2 months but battery life is solid, and this is coming from a previous Note 2 user.

I don't go crazy using this and that app to freeze everything under the sun, just the unnecessaries (just made up that word :) ). Most LG stuff is disabled and a few are frosted with TiBackup. I don't use Greenify or GSam or whatever. No fancy kernels or undervolting or any of that stuff. Just stock and rooted, how i like my stuff.

I'm usually streaming Pandora most of my 8 hour shift at work to a Bluetooth Sound Dock and still pushing 70% on the ride home with Gmail sync on, 2 emails pooling every hour, etc. I even have the dreaded Facebook app installed and its okay.

I don't bother with obsessing over screen on time, I just USE my phone. I check emails, browse the web, use apps, occasional game here and there, read eBooks, movies, music, pictures...and still have more than 60% left on the way home.

That's how I prefer to measure battery life. I have the Sprint version, CDMA, which usually use more juice than GSM in general, so I'm perplexed how you're not getting good battery life.