Slickwraps Review - Carbon Fiber White

Search This thread

Jfree3000

Jul 20, 2010
Metro Atlanta
Had this on for about two weeks now, finally getting a moment to do review.

My feelings/review after a couple of weeks with the skin:

The wrap is that, a wrap. It covers the sides, the rear and the front of the phone. Granted I wasn't to thrilled getting a white wrap with a black phone but I always wondered what my phone would look like if I had decided to get a white note and the main reason I am using it is because Slickwraps sent it to me FREE so I didn't want to seem like an ungrateful ass when they went out there way to send it to me. The wrap came in a convenient package all which included the wrap, a link to video instructions https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmxdu4SNpLs, a squeegee and a nice thank you for trying the product.

The Good: This thing looks awesome, you wouldn't even noticed my phone is originally black unless you look at the back of the phone. Again the feel is amazing, feels like real carbon fiber. The installation was pretty straight forward, I personally had problems lining up the sides but that was just me (I suck at that) and its a process in itself but the sides did have all of the sensor cutouts. Over the course of two weeks I have not had the wrap peel off what so ever, well I take that back one of the sides I screwed up on started peeling up and I just clipped it with a nail clipper to fix that problem.

I have not had any stains or dirt marks on the wrap which is awesome considering its white. I tried to put a bumper on the phone over the wrap and the bumper pushed the face of the wrap to the side, which was fixed easily, but the phone is naked now minus the wrap. This is the longest I have ever gone without a case on my phone which is extremely rare and says a lot about their product. With any of my phones I get a case the first day because I'm paranoid like that, luckily (knock on wood) I have not had any drops with this wrap on and I take extra caution holding the phone since there is no case on it, but at least I don't have to worry about scuffing on the side of the phone.

The Bad: Not a lot to say here but the wrap that does go on the side (minus my crappy handy work) does not appear that I would be gap less considering I did line up the sides according to the sensor hole cutouts and there are slight gaps from each strip to the next. I did have to remove my tempered screen protector to apply this wrap on the face of the phone (insert sad face here) since the one I had was rounded and I don't know how well it would look being put on over the glass. I know that eTechUncut did this in his review but I had not thought about that until after the fact.

A major issued I am having with this wrap is the proximity sensor. I took extreme care to make sure that the wrap was not covering the sensor in any way when I applied it to the face of the phone but when I get a phone call and answer it the screen goes black and does not appear after taking the phone away from my head. I had this problem before with a tempered screen protector that covered the sensor on the phone and when replaced with another glass protector that did not cover the sensor I had no problems. I think the cut out for the proximity sensor should be bigger or just one oblong cutout instead of two cut outs or my phone is just really damn sensitive, I wish I had thought about that old glass that covered the sensor and I probably just would have drilled the cutouts myself to make them slightly bigger before applying the wrap. Granted this is my biggest issued but all I have to do is press the power button to get the screen back on, just a pain for me when using the phone.

In conclusion this wrap is fantastic, this is the first time I have ever wrapped my phone and I really like it (until I drop my phone and break something). I did try to reapply my tempered screen protector over the wrap but it was a no go since the sides are slightly elevated now due to the wrap and the glass wont adhere to the screen. I would definitely order a wrap from Slickwraps without hesitation but I would more than likely modify the proximity sensor before applying and see if I could apply the wrap over a tempered screen first. I like this product so much I'm thinking about wrapping my Xbox One.

A bonus to Slickwraps as well, my wife always complains about me putting stuff on my phone from cases to screen protectors but she actually likes the wrap and I might get her one as well!

PICS (Not the greatest though):

Attachments

• 20140402_200420.jpeg
    20140402_200420.jpeg
    120.8 KB · Views: 703
  • 20140402_200434.jpeg
    20140402_200434.jpeg
    189.2 KB · Views: 727
  • 20140402_200507.jpg
    20140402_200507.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 631
  • 20140402_200523.jpeg
    20140402_200523.jpeg
    101.8 KB · Views: 605
  • 20140402_200553.jpeg
    20140402_200553.jpeg
    72.5 KB · Views: 583
  • 20140402_200603.jpeg
    20140402_200603.jpeg
    138.3 KB · Views: 514

blaine07

Apr 23, 2010
Bartlesville
Yea I had a Cruzerlite wrap and put the front pieces over my Spigen glass screen protector and had nothing but issues with proximity sensor. Found a app on Market that showed proximity sensor was always reading as covered :( I wanted to try one of their wraps to compare to my cruzerlite but was never selected. Cruzerlite wrap was extremely difficult to get on sides too and back corner has started to peel after a few weeks. Thought maybe theirs would be better cut, or something. :-\

Sent from my SM-N900V

Jfree3000

Jul 20, 2010
Metro Atlanta
Just tested an app for the proximity sensor and it's showing the sensor is covered, bummer.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

slickwraps

Dec 1, 2013
Andover
slickwraps.com
Thanks for the awesome and very detailed review!!

This is the point of the reviews to unlock/discover issues that maybe others have not experienced and/or reported. So, I can't thank you enough for taking your time to help us in testing and documenting your experience.

I will have the team immediately look into the proximity sensor issue. We haven't heard of that issue before, but it's on priority #1 for testing in the lab.

Again, huge thanks for the review!

Weston
Slickwraps.com

Reactions: Jfree3000
Too bad their wraps have proximity sensor issues. That sucks, though good to know!
Almost comical that you put a white wrap on your black phone just to do this review for them, while I have a white phone and wanted a white wrap but wasn't selected for review :D

SwiftKey'ed from my White Sprint Note 3 via XDA Premium

blaine07

Apr 23, 2010
Bartlesville
I was never selected to test a slick wraps, but I can tell you with both of my Cruzerlite wraps, I have had sensor issue as well IF wrap isn't perfectly placed around sensor. I have a Spigen glass screen protector, and I think on these wraps if they'd cut them around top sensors /speaker like it the issues but what do I know. Lol

Sent from my SM-N900V

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Had this on for about two weeks now, finally getting a moment to do review.

My feelings/review after a couple of weeks with the skin:

The wrap is that, a wrap. It covers the sides, the rear and the front of the phone. Granted I wasn't to thrilled getting a white wrap with a black phone but I always wondered what my phone would look like if I had decided to get a white note and the main reason I am using it is because Slickwraps sent it to me FREE so I didn't want to seem like an ungrateful ass when they went out there way to send it to me. The wrap came in a convenient package all which included the wrap, a link to video instructions https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmxdu4SNpLs, a squeegee and a nice thank you for trying the product.

The Good: This thing looks awesome, you wouldn't even noticed my phone is originally black unless you look at the back of the phone. Again the feel is amazing, feels like real carbon fiber. The installation was pretty straight forward, I personally had problems lining up the sides but that was just me (I suck at that) and its a process in itself but the sides did have all of the sensor cutouts. Over the course of two weeks I have not had the wrap peel off what so ever, well I take that back one of the sides I screwed up on started peeling up and I just clipped it with a nail clipper to fix that problem.

I have not had any stains or dirt marks on the wrap which is awesome considering its white. I tried to put a bumper on the phone over the wrap and the bumper pushed the face of the wrap to the side, which was fixed easily, but the phone is naked now minus the wrap. This is the longest I have ever gone without a case on my phone which is extremely rare and says a lot about their product. With any of my phones I get a case the first day because I'm paranoid like that, luckily (knock on wood) I have not had any drops with this wrap on and I take extra caution holding the phone since there is no case on it, but at least I don't have to worry about scuffing on the side of the phone.

The Bad: Not a lot to say here but the wrap that does go on the side (minus my crappy handy work) does not appear that I would be gap less considering I did line up the sides according to the sensor hole cutouts and there are slight gaps from each strip to the next. I did have to remove my tempered screen protector to apply this wrap on the face of the phone (insert sad face here) since the one I had was rounded and I don't know how well it would look being put on over the glass. I know that eTechUncut did this in his review but I had not thought about that until after the fact.

A major issued I am having with this wrap is the proximity sensor. I took extreme care to make sure that the wrap was not covering the sensor in any way when I applied it to the face of the phone but when I get a phone call and answer it the screen goes black and does not appear after taking the phone away from my head. I had this problem before with a tempered screen protector that covered the sensor on the phone and when replaced with another glass protector that did not cover the sensor I had no problems. I think the cut out for the proximity sensor should be bigger or just one oblong cutout instead of two cut outs or my phone is just really damn sensitive, I wish I had thought about that old glass that covered the sensor and I probably just would have drilled the cutouts myself to make them slightly bigger before applying the wrap. Granted this is my biggest issued but all I have to do is press the power button to get the screen back on, just a pain for me when using the phone.

In conclusion this wrap is fantastic, this is the first time I have ever wrapped my phone and I really like it (until I drop my phone and break something). I did try to reapply my tempered screen protector over the wrap but it was a no go since the sides are slightly elevated now due to the wrap and the glass wont adhere to the screen. I would definitely order a wrap from Slickwraps without hesitation but I would more than likely modify the proximity sensor before applying and see if I could apply the wrap over a tempered screen first. I like this product so much I'm thinking about wrapping my Xbox One.

A bonus to Slickwraps as well, my wife always complains about me putting stuff on my phone from cases to screen protectors but she actually likes the wrap and I might get her one as well!

PICS (Not the greatest though):
    I recently got a slickwrap I'm loving it so far, also nice detailed review
    Thanks for the awesome and very detailed review!!

This is the point of the reviews to unlock/discover issues that maybe others have not experienced and/or reported. So, I can't thank you enough for taking your time to help us in testing and documenting your experience.

I will have the team immediately look into the proximity sensor issue. We haven't heard of that issue before, but it's on priority #1 for testing in the lab.

Again, huge thanks for the review!

Weston
    Slickwraps.com