Samsung Gear 2 (Stock) Fully Working With Non-Galaxy

Search This thread

zzEvilGeniuszz

Jun 3, 2014
Alright guys, I know a lot of you smart guys already have your Gear 2 like this but I was unable to find very many Gear 2 and non-android phone videos on YouTube so I made one. This is fully stock Gear 2 working with LG Optimus L70 from AIO/New Cricket.

Everything works. I even changed the S-Voice voice to use the Google Now voice. Watch the entire video if you are wondering how. (Not a tutorial just demo)

http://youtu.be/qYllO-RwSvo

Last edited:

DAGr8

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 27, 2010
Montreal
Ok I want google now instead of svoice. .. how ?

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

duongdn

May 23, 2007
How did you get S-voice to send a text? I followed the same steps, but my S-Voice say messaging is not supported on this device. What stock app are you using on your phone?

zzEvilGeniuszz

Jun 3, 2014

duongdn

May 23, 2007
The forum here can be overwhelming. This article helped me initially get the Gear 2 to work with my LG.

http://www.knowyourmobile.com/mobil...msung-gear-2-how-connect-it-any-android-phone

I just followed the directions and S-Video just worked.

I followed the same instructions also, but unable to tell it to send a text message like you did at the end of your video. I've got an LG G2, so I can't imagine our phones are that far apart from one another. When I tell it to send a text message, it say my device is not supported..

zzEvilGeniuszz

Jun 3, 2014
I followed the same instructions also, but unable to tell it to send a text message like you did at the end of your video. I've got an LG G2, so I can't imagine our phones are that far apart from one another. When I tell it to send a text message, it say my device is not supported..

Yeah I don't think the differences are very big between the two devices. It is weird yours doesn't work.

S-Voice on my LG isn't flawless. It doesn't know when to stop listening. I have to manually tap the mic to make it stop.

By the way I am using Gear 2 model SM-R380 with software version R3AF201CZ3N

Last edited:

zzEvilGeniuszz

Jun 3, 2014
I made a YouTube video showing how I got the Gear 2 working with non-Galaxy

http://youtu.be/Yp5H4UAWSTk

I still have to retrace my steps on how I got the Google Now voice, once I figure it out I will make a video showing how to do it. I had integrated Google Now prior to getting the Gear 2 so when I set it all up, it just worked without me doing anything in particular.

Hardcore73

Dec 30, 2011
Can you test the exercise for me

Can you see if the Run and Bike part work with a non samsung phone. It uses the GPS from the phone. I run and bike a lot and need this feature.

I ordered an LG G3 from overseas but its a deal breaker if I cannot get the GPS part working with the exercises.

Sjharrison

Jul 11, 2014
Query

When you say non-galaxy devices do you mean devices that are still running android 4.3+ with touch wiz, or will this work with custom roms?
Thanks, Shaun

diamantericos

Jan 2, 2011
Why do they always say non samsung device when most of us just want to use our note 3 on AOSP rom . Wouldn't it be better to say non touch wiz. Also will this work on android 4.4.4?

Demon Galaxy no Souls Noted!

drakenjin

Nov 10, 2013
Alright guys, I know a lot of you smart guys already have your Gear 2 like this but I was unable to find very many Gear 2 and non-android phone videos on YouTube so I made one. This is fully stock Gear 2 working with LG Optimus L70 from AIO/New Cricket.

Everything works. I even changed the S-Voice voice to use the Google Now voice. Watch the entire video if you are wondering how. (Not a tutorial just demo)

http://youtu.be/qYllO-RwSvo

Check my post #522 on this forum http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2723862 to download any app from samsung store and gear store to work on any phone

Sent from my GT-I9500 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

onedirection

Dec 16, 2013
Is it possible to install to 4.1.2?? My note 2 is in the service centre and I'm using Note1 which has reached the max Android 4.1.2. sucks, cant even install gear manager

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: CartoonizedAmr

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok I want google now instead of svoice. .. how ?

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    It is just the voice used for it. not the actual google now app.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Is it possible to install to 4.1.2?? My note 2 is in the service centre and I'm using Note1 which has reached the max Android 4.1.2. sucks, cant even install gear manager

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app