• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

deke997

May 22, 2010
Columbus, WI
This is the latest ClockworkMod Recovery!! Instructions to install below :D
Downloads At bottom of page.

I am not responsible if you brick or damage your phone... blah blah blah... NANDROID FIRST cuz u never know wut might happen XD.

Method I

Flash recovery using: ADB

NOTE: This method will work while you are booting into the current recovery on the phone.

Download ClockworkMod Recovery 3.0.0.5
Copy the recovery.img to root of the SD card.
Boot the phone into recovery.
Open command prompt.
Change directory to the AndroidSDK directory & type the following commands:

adb shell
mount sdcard
flash_image recovery /sdcard/"name of recovery".img
reboot recovery

Your phone should now reboot into the ClockworkMod Recovery (orange text for 3.0+).

Method II

Flash recovery using: RomManager

On the SD card, go to: /clockworkmod/download/mirror.sea.tdrevolution.net/cm/recoveries.
Rename the old image there named recovery-clockwork-2.5.0.7-heroc.img to recovery-clockwork-2.5.0.7-xxx.img.
Move recovery-clockwork-3.0.0.5-heroc.img to that folder and rename it to recovery-clockwork-2.5.0.7-heroc.img.
Open RomManager and press Flash ClockworkMod Recovery and reboot the phone to recovery, you should see the orange text.

Method III

Method III

Flash recovery using: H-Boot/S-Off Only

Download HERCIMG.zip
md5: 6dcd265a51cc7090824d7f9f889b370b
Move HERCIMG.zip to root of the SD card.
Power off the phone.
Hold the Volume Down and Power buttons until the phone boots into the bootloader.
Wait for bootloader to scan and find HERCIMG.zip.
Press action to install.

The phone should now reboot into the ClockworkMod Recovery (orange text for 3.0+).

http://www.mediafire.com/?2gwhom1m06tbboy - ClockworkMod Recovery 3.0.0.5
http://www.mediafire.com/?u86sj1w22db8kbt - HERCIMG.zip

thanks to romrepo.info/wiki

Last edited:
Reactions: thanatos4110

METHOD1911

Apr 5, 2008
When I download the recovery from my phone it downloads as a txt file. Do I rename it to recovery.img and push it that way.

Sent from my DROIDX using XDA App
EDIT nevermind I did the S Off method worked perfectly.

S

sirmx

When I download the recovery from my phone it downloads as a txt file. Do I rename it to recovery.img and push it that way.

Sent from my DROIDX using XDA App
EDIT nevermind I did the S Off method worked perfectly.

Glad you got it working. To answer the question about .txt on the phone, others have reported that using a different browser works for downloading the .img file correctly. I think they used Dolphin browser from the market.

kynov

May 7, 2010
I tried method 2 and method 3 above without success. Trying to go from 2.5.0.1 to 3.0.0.5. Attempts to boot into recovery and then reboots again and boots normally. Suggestions?

il Duce

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Feb 25, 2009
Twin Cities, MN
I tried method 2 and method 3 above without success. Trying to go from 2.5.0.1 to 3.0.0.5. Attempts to boot into recovery and then reboots again and boots normally. Suggestions?

don't flash the 3.0.0.5, you don't need it for GB. the reason I think people have been having so much trouble is that the recovery is overclocked, so some phones can't handle it. same thing goes for the GB rom, if it loops and hangs etc., just flash a capped 691 kernel after the rom and gapps, it *should* work.

OK NOW - TO ALL FUTURE POSTS - PLEASE DON'T, LOL.
AOSP MADE THIS RECOVERY AND IS CONSTANTLY UPDATING IT
3.0.0.5 CAN BE FOUND IN THE 2.3 GINGERBREAD THREAD
INSTALL METHODS CAN BE FOUND ON THE THREAD "READ ME" WIKI,
DIFFERENT VERSIONS CAN BE FOUND ON ROMREPO.INFO

Reactions: the12nv

theimpaler747

Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer
don't flash the 3.0.0.5, you don't need it for GB. the reason I think people have been having so much trouble is that the recovery is overclocked, so some phones can't handle it. same thing goes for the GB rom, if it loops and hangs etc., just flash a capped 691 kernel after the rom and gapps, it *should* work.

AOSP didn't make CWM.....

counterfeit187

Sep 15, 2010
Method III worked fine for me. Just follow instructions carefully, and don't forget to do "su" first (lets terminal use root privileges).

I'm curious why RomManager doesn't update the version number. I know I'm using 3.0.0.5 because of the new orange text, but RomManager still shows 2.5.0.1
Anyone?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is the latest ClockworkMod Recovery!! Instructions to install below :D
    Downloads At bottom of page.

I am not responsible if you brick or damage your phone... blah blah blah... NANDROID FIRST cuz u never know wut might happen XD.

Method I

Flash recovery using: ADB

NOTE: This method will work while you are booting into the current recovery on the phone.

Copy the recovery.img to root of the SD card.
    Boot the phone into recovery.
    Open command prompt.
    Change directory to the AndroidSDK directory & type the following commands:

adb shell
    mount sdcard
    flash_image recovery /sdcard/"name of recovery".img
    reboot recovery

Your phone should now reboot into the ClockworkMod Recovery (orange text for 3.0+).

Method II

Flash recovery using: RomManager

On the SD card, go to: /clockworkmod/download/mirror.sea.tdrevolution.net/cm/recoveries.
    Rename the old image there named recovery-clockwork-2.5.0.7-heroc.img to recovery-clockwork-2.5.0.7-xxx.img.
    Move recovery-clockwork-3.0.0.5-heroc.img to that folder and rename it to recovery-clockwork-2.5.0.7-heroc.img.
    Open RomManager and press Flash ClockworkMod Recovery and reboot the phone to recovery, you should see the orange text.

Method III

Method III

Flash recovery using: H-Boot/S-Off Only

Download HERCIMG.zip
    md5: 6dcd265a51cc7090824d7f9f889b370b
    Move HERCIMG.zip to root of the SD card.
    Power off the phone.
    Hold the Volume Down and Power buttons until the phone boots into the bootloader.
    Wait for bootloader to scan and find HERCIMG.zip.
    Press action to install.

The phone should now reboot into the ClockworkMod Recovery (orange text for 3.0+).

http://www.mediafire.com/?2gwhom1m06tbboy - ClockworkMod Recovery 3.0.0.5
    http://www.mediafire.com/?u86sj1w22db8kbt - HERCIMG.zip

thanks to romrepo.info/wiki

aside from 3.0.0.5 being overclocked what are the changes over previous versions?

Color

posted via tapatalk
    aside from 3.0.0.5 being overclocked what are the changes over previous versions?

Color

posted via tapatalk

And EXT4 support and edify scripts ;)
    And EXT4 support and edify scripts ;)

and a "power off" option in recovery