[HOW-TO] Root/Flash CWM Samsung Galaxy Tab2 [P31XX][Touch CWM][Update][25/08/12]

Search This thread

tapan15in

Aug 11, 2011
Ahmedabad
Xiaomi 11T Pro
Hello Guys,

Before few days i bought samsung galaxy tab2 p3100. P3100 is the asian version of tab2 which also include 3g+wifi+gsm.

After much searching and testing i managed to flash a cwm and was able to root my Tab.

A BIG FAT WARNING, I MAKE NO GUARANTEES THIS WILL NOT BRICK YOUR TAB, USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!

So i thought that many p3100 users are still waiting for a proper guide so here it is:

HOW TO FLASH CWM :

First of all download the odin attached and extract it to a folder on your pc/laptop where you can find it.

Now download the expresso_recovery.tar file from the below mentioned link and also download the update.zip file attached.

Put your tab in to download mode[Volume down+power on button]

Start odin by clicking odin.exe.

In odin just tick on auto reboot and thats all. If you see any ticks in any boxes except this just untick it.

Now connect your tab via usb and the odin will detect your tab. It will be in yellow colour when it is detected.

Now in odin in pda select the expresso_recovery.tar file.

After that just press start.

When the flashing is done you will see a green colour and it will be saying pass this means the cwm has been flashed.

Just check if the cwm is working by putting your tab in to recovery mode[volume up+power on button]

Update : Guys you can also use the TWRP TOUCH RECOVERY by "teamw" & ClockworkMod Recovery 5.5.0.4 by "codeworkx".

ScreenShots, Cwm File & the original thread link posted below.

HOW TO ROOT

For rooting just put the update.zip file in your external sd card of your tab.

After that just put your tab in custom recovery mode.

You will get an option to select the file from external sd card.

Than select the update.zip file and you tab will be rooted and will reboot.

To check if its rooted just see in the applications menu if you are getting superuser app.

Enjoyyyy...

Cwm File v4.0.3 : Download

Cwm file for ICS v4.0.4 : Download

TWRP TOUCH RECOVERY : Download

Twrp Touch Recovery Original Thread : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1696176

ClockworkMod Recovery 5.5.0.4 " By codeworkx"

P3100 - 5.5.0.4: Download

P3110 - 5.5.0.4: Download

P3113 - 5.5.0.4: Download

P3100 Touch Recovery - 6.0.1.2: Download

Original thread by Codeworkx : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=27812563

Note : All the cwm's and rooting zips are not my work and i take no credits for this. I have just put this things in one post & have tried to make it as simple as i can for all the users. :)

Thanks

Teammw
Codeworkx

Attachments

• Odin3-v1.85.zip
    198.9 KB · Views: 60,989
  • update.zip.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 78,134
Last edited:

abinbasu

May 5, 2008
Kolkata
surely u r most welcome.. i think many 3100 users like myself r searching for a good custom rom based on aokp or cyanogenmod.

May 16, 2011
Benagluru
Simple Way to Root

Hi Guys,
Thanks tapan15in for giving us the the detailed Guide for CWM flash and Rootin GT-P3100

here is my 2 paise(aka 2cent) Guide for rooting the GT-P3100 with latest ROM and CWM

Step -1: :cyclops: Download the latest Android 4.0.4 ROM[P3100DDBLF2] from SamFirmware.com
[Good if u register]P3100DDBLF2.
Step 0: Download ODIN 1.85 and cwm recovery and root flash (attached)
ODIN N CWM
Step 1: Copy the attached zip file to external microsd card and load it into your device (Keep in mind external SD not internal memory)
Now Boot your Device in Download Mode and Flash The P3100DDBLF2 ROM using ODIN (for instructions on ODIN read first POST)

Step 2: Once the New ROM(Andoid 4.0.4) is Installed and rebooted... boot your device again into Download Mode. Now in this time use ODIN to flash the downloaded CWM Recovery(recovery.tar.md5) (IN PDA)

Step 3: Now Boot your Device to Recovery:fingers-crossed: CWM will be loaded. In CWM select install zip from sdcard --> select the copied zip file --> reboot

STEP 4: :D ENJOY your ROOTED Android 4.0.4 Device :D

P.S: :rolleyes: Since CWM is flashed Software Update though downloads any new update but will fail to install...
FIX: Look for Updated ROM from samfirmware.com regularly and flash it in ODIN. Now ROM flashes will only update the existing installation (Ain't NO affects)

Attachments

• cwm-root-gtab2.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 4,660

tapan15in

Aug 11, 2011
Ahmedabad
Xiaomi 11T Pro
Okay the recovery works i will update the post now. Thanx Incredible:)

Nice buddy i flashed the new 4.0.4 but the old cwm which i have given didnt work now trying the cwm you have posted lets see if it works. And than will try to root it.
If it works than will update it in the first post :)

Thanx

Last edited:

mrigoo

Dec 2, 2011
Pune
My tab2 is already android 4.0.4 ( by OTA update ) .
Which method should i use?? THte first one ?

Thanks

mrigoo

Dec 2, 2011
Pune
i followed the steps .. used thte CMW recovery file for 4.0.4
odin turned green ( pass) ... i put the update.zip.zip in external card.

started the tab in recovery mode
and selected apply update from the external storage
it says

" E: signature verification failed "

mrigoo

Dec 2, 2011
Pune
thanks ...
sorry for bugging you but can you give me the link ?

and one last question .. after i flash CMW , will i be able to use samsung s OTA updates ?

tapan15in

Aug 11, 2011
Ahmedabad
Xiaomi 11T Pro
I will post the cwm by codeworkx in this post.

Secondly no uou will not be anle to update via ota after this. You will have to ipdate manually via odin.

Sent from my GT-P3100 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello Guys,

Before few days i bought samsung galaxy tab2 p3100. P3100 is the asian version of tab2 which also include 3g+wifi+gsm.

After much searching and testing i managed to flash a cwm and was able to root my Tab.

A BIG FAT WARNING, I MAKE NO GUARANTEES THIS WILL NOT BRICK YOUR TAB, USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!

So i thought that many p3100 users are still waiting for a proper guide so here it is:

HOW TO FLASH CWM :

First of all download the odin attached and extract it to a folder on your pc/laptop where you can find it.

Now download the expresso_recovery.tar file from the below mentioned link and also download the update.zip file attached.

Put your tab in to download mode[Volume down+power on button]

Start odin by clicking odin.exe.

In odin just tick on auto reboot and thats all. If you see any ticks in any boxes except this just untick it.

Now connect your tab via usb and the odin will detect your tab. It will be in yellow colour when it is detected.

Now in odin in pda select the expresso_recovery.tar file.

After that just press start.

When the flashing is done you will see a green colour and it will be saying pass this means the cwm has been flashed.

Just check if the cwm is working by putting your tab in to recovery mode[volume up+power on button]

Update : Guys you can also use the TWRP TOUCH RECOVERY by "teamw" & ClockworkMod Recovery 5.5.0.4 by "codeworkx".

ScreenShots, Cwm File & the original thread link posted below.

HOW TO ROOT

For rooting just put the update.zip file in your external sd card of your tab.

After that just put your tab in custom recovery mode.

You will get an option to select the file from external sd card.

Than select the update.zip file and you tab will be rooted and will reboot.

To check if its rooted just see in the applications menu if you are getting superuser app.

Enjoyyyy...

Cwm File v4.0.3 : Download

Cwm file for ICS v4.0.4 : Download

TWRP TOUCH RECOVERY : Download

Twrp Touch Recovery Original Thread : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1696176

ClockworkMod Recovery 5.5.0.4 " By codeworkx"

P3100 - 5.5.0.4: Download

P3110 - 5.5.0.4: Download

P3113 - 5.5.0.4: Download

P3100 Touch Recovery - 6.0.1.2: Download

Original thread by Codeworkx : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=27812563

Note : All the cwm's and rooting zips are not my work and i take no credits for this. I have just put this things in one post & have tried to make it as simple as i can for all the users. :)

Thanks

Teammw
    Codeworkx
    Simple Way to Root

Hi Guys,
    Thanks tapan15in for giving us the the detailed Guide for CWM flash and Rootin GT-P3100

here is my 2 paise(aka 2cent) Guide for rooting the GT-P3100 with latest ROM and CWM

Step -1: :cyclops: Download the latest Android 4.0.4 ROM[P3100DDBLF2] from SamFirmware.com
    [Good if u register]P3100DDBLF2.
    Step 0: Download ODIN 1.85 and cwm recovery and root flash (attached)
    ODIN N CWM
    Step 1: Copy the attached zip file to external microsd card and load it into your device (Keep in mind external SD not internal memory)
    Now Boot your Device in Download Mode and Flash The P3100DDBLF2 ROM using ODIN (for instructions on ODIN read first POST)

Step 2: Once the New ROM(Andoid 4.0.4) is Installed and rebooted... boot your device again into Download Mode. Now in this time use ODIN to flash the downloaded CWM Recovery(recovery.tar.md5) (IN PDA)

Step 3: Now Boot your Device to Recovery:fingers-crossed: CWM will be loaded. In CWM select install zip from sdcard --> select the copied zip file --> reboot

STEP 4: :D ENJOY your ROOTED Android 4.0.4 Device :D

P.S: :rolleyes: Since CWM is flashed Software Update though downloads any new update but will fail to install...
    FIX: Look for Updated ROM from samfirmware.com regularly and flash it in ODIN. Now ROM flashes will only update the existing installation (Ain't NO affects)
    Root Package w/ Superuser 3.1

I have updated and signed the root package again with Superuser 3.1.3
    On indian rom le1 which i updated via ota

Sent from my GT-P3100 using Tapatalk 2
    Hi guys, I'm about to do this on my nieces old tab 2. I'm going to root and then install Lineage 14.1, what is the best/preferred method of rooting at this point?

It's the Tab 2 3110 Wi-Fi model, I'm a bit confused, is Odin still the method used to install TWRP 3.2.2.0?

If your going to root it use magisk.