[Mod][Xposed][v1.4.0] Play Store Changelog - Show the full changelog!

Search This thread

marcdw

Sep 24, 2014
Baldwin Park
@Mike B, well said. I generally keep my apps at versions compatible with my favorite mods.
However, the sticking to whatever Play Store version one has part. For some that is not an option. Play Store gets automatically updated without folks realizing it.

On this ROM I'm at v6 and it doesn't get updated whereas on another it keeps happening. So annoying.

Far as the other person hitting Entertainment section, that's funny. That's more of a personal thumb issue really. Having/wanting an app modified to compensate for that seems a might silly unless it's a widespread problem.
?

LG G3 D851, PAC-MAN LP ROM, Nebula 9.1 Kernel, Tapatalk 4.9.5

roirraW "edor" ehT

Senior Moderator
Staff member
On this ROM I'm at v6 and it doesn't get updated whereas on another it keeps happening. So annoying.

You might be able to use Titanium Backup to break the connection for the Play Store app so that it doesn't update. Mine has always updated automatically over the past three or so years on a few phones.

Make a TWRP backup first!

Reactions: marcdw

n0j0e

Doesn't work long with Titanium, after some time or reboot update is still aviable. There is no solution to hide an app permanently from Play Store. Feature request: Hide apps in a list which doesn't need to show in Play Store for updating. Sometimes an update brings trouble and i don't won't it to see the app in the update list.

Sry for english grammar, hope this is clear what i mean.

[size=-1]Send with much love & Android.[/size]

marcdw

Sep 24, 2014
Baldwin Park
Bah, friggin' Play Store just updated on this ROM so it's no longer themed properly.
XInstaller module had an option to disable update of Google Play. Don't know if that means Services or the Store. If the latter, it doesn't work.

@n0j0e, the short-lived StorePrefs module would hide apps in the update list. It worked well, too.
On most of my ROMs I use flashable Google apps (Theme Ready, TBO, Delta add-ons, etc) so I rarely update certain items from the Play Store. Hiding those with StorePrefs was pretty cool. Too bad development faded.

LG G3 D851, Mahdi KitKat ROM, microG Project (NoGapps), Tapatalk 4.9.5

Last edited:

Amr Pilot

Aug 23, 2014
Alexandria
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7
Prompts like this don't help. Developer is aware of outstanding issues (as evidenced by prior posts you obviously didn't read) and will address as time permits. Might be tomorrow or never.

Yea .. didn't read .. too many comments :p
Comments like mine can be taken in 2 ways:
1- that person is a stupid *****
2- a motivation for the developer because he will know that there are lots of android users who use that app and that will probably keep him going. :D

Reactions: FlyingHorseGA

exodius48

Apr 7, 2013
Yori's Heart
Xiaomi Poco F3
Does not work on 7.0.17

Code:
@10-01 20:07:40.062 E/Xposed  (21814): java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.google.android.finsky.navigationmanager.b#a(com.google.android.finsky.api.model.DfeToc,com.google.android.finsky.b.q)#exact
10-01 20:07:40.062 E/Xposed  (21814): 	at de.robv.android.xposed.XposedHelpers.findMethodExact(XposedHelpers.java:337)
10-01 20:07:40.062 E/Xposed  (21814): 	at de.robv.android.xposed.XposedHelpers.findAndHookMethod(XposedHelpers.java:178)
10-01 20:07:40.062 E/Xposed  (21814): 	at com.p1ngu1n.playstorechangelog.PlayStoreChangelog.handleLoadPackage(PlayStoreChangelog.java:157)
10-01 20:07:40.062 E/Xposed  (21814): 	at de.robv.android.xposed.IXposedHookLoadPackage$Wrapper.handleLoadPackage(IXposedHookLoadPackage.java:34)
10-01 20:07:40.062 E/Xposed  (21814): 	at de.robv.android.xposed.callbacks.XC_LoadPackage.call(XC_LoadPackage.java:61)
10-01 20:07:40.062 E/Xposed  (21814): 	at de.robv.android.xposed.callbacks.XCallback.callAll(XCallback.java:106)
10-01 20:07:40.062 E/Xposed  (21814): 	at de.robv.android.xposed.XposedInit$1.beforeHookedMethod(XposedInit.java:102)
10-01 20:07:40.062 E/Xposed  (21814): 	at de.robv.android.xposed.XposedBridge.handleHookedMethod(XposedBridge.java:314)
10-01 20:07:40.062 E/Xposed  (21814): 	at android.app.ActivityThread.handleBindApplication(<Xposed>)
10-01 20:07:40.062 E/Xposed  (21814): 	at android.app.ActivityThread.-wrap1(ActivityThread.java)
10-01 20:07:40.062 E/Xposed  (21814): 	at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1424)
10-01 20:07:40.062 E/Xposed  (21814): 	at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:102)
10-01 20:07:40.062 E/Xposed  (21814): 	at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:148)
10-01 20:07:40.062 E/Xposed  (21814): 	at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:5461)
10-01 20:07:40.062 E/Xposed  (21814): 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
10-01 20:07:40.062 E/Xposed  (21814): 	at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:726)
10-01 20:07:40.062 E/Xposed  (21814): 	at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:616)
10-01 20:07:40.062 E/Xposed  (21814): 	at de.robv.android.xposed.XposedBridge.main(XposedBridge.java:102)

Cc @P1nGu1n_

Mike B.

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 17, 2011
/
Does not work on 7.0.17

Cc @P1nGu1n_

Not quite correct. Once again: this module's current v1.3.2 properly displays the full changelog for all Play Store versions 5.x, 6.x, and 7.x. If you prefer NOT to use a shortcut and want Xposed to patch the Play Store for "go to My Apps" instead, you will have to either stay with Play Store 5.x or 6.x, or wait until someone has the time and interest to adjust the deobfuscation routine. Those of us using a shortcut to "My Apps" have no trouble at all with this module and Play Store 7.x. See recent posts in this thread for all the details.

lover

Mar 14, 2006
First Thank you for your app. It was working great so far and i loved it when i open play store i go straight to app update but recently when i open playstore it does not go to app update! Tried enable/disable the module and rebooting does not help.
FYI i did not update my play store

DB126

Oct 15, 2013
First Thank you for your app. It was working great so far and i loved it when i open play store i go straight to app update but recently when i open playstore it does not go to app update! Tried enable/disable the module and rebooting does not help.
FYI i did not update my play store
Seriously...read the thread (last 30 days) before posting. Well known and discussed issue.

Reactions: gothicVI

DB126

Oct 15, 2013

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Introduction
    Play Store Changelog is an Xposed Module to always display an app's full changelog instead of the first four lines. I created it because it annoyed it that I had to click 'Read more' to see the full changelog.

Simply enable the module and reboot. After you changed any settings they are applied instantly.

Screenshots
    C1MHkJz.jpg
    zFaQG6Z.jpg

Compatibility
    Play Store Changelog supports Play Store 5.0.31 and higher.

Download
    Download from the Xposed Module Repository
    http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.p1ngu1n.playstorechangelog

Source
    Source code can be found on GitHub and is published under the GNU GPL v3 license.
    https://github.com/P1nGu1n/PlayStoreChangelog

Problems/feedback

Having any problems?
    • Make sure the module is enabled in Xposed Installer and you rebooted afterwards.
    • Make sure you're using the most recent version.
    • Make sure your Google Play version is compatible.

Still not solved?
    1. Enable debugging in the settings.
    2. Replicate the problem (do what you were facing a problem with).
    3. Send me your Xposed Log (found in Xposed Installer).

Any comments, requests or questions?
    • I'm open to feedback, just say it!
    • If you have any questions or comments, name it this thread.

Thanks

Finally
    Even though everything I release is carefully tested, I can't guarantee nothing will ever go wrong. Use at your own risk!

If you're enjoying this module, donations are highly appreciated.

XDA:DevDB Information
    Play Store Changelog, Xposed for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
    P1nGu1n_
    Source Code: https://github.com/P1nGu1n/PlayStoreChangelog

Xposed Package Name: com.p1ngu1n.playstorechangelog

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: v1.3.2
    Stable Release Date: 2016-08-11

Created 2014-10-30
    Last Updated 2017-10-15
    1.2.0 released
    The update can be downloaded from Xposed Installer.

Changelog:
    • Play Store v6.2.10 compatibility (latest version as of writing)
    • Czech, Greek and Italian translation, thanks @loqan, @Vagelis1608 and @jacknot

Announcement:
    Google added obfuscation to v6.2.10, which is why this module broke. Simple explanation of what obfuscation is: it changes al kind of names internally, which means this module may need to be updated for every new Play Store update. I don't use Xposed myself anymore, so I don't use this module anymore too. I'm willing to maintain it for the community, if people still use this module. If there isn't enough demand, I don't know if I will keep updating this mod. So... let me know! Edit: due to overwhelming response, I will happily continue to support this module!

If you're enjoying this module, donations are highly appreciated. :)

Please report what you think about this module and what improvements you would like to see.
    Everyone thanks for the feedback you gave!
    1.4.0 released

I'm sorry I haven't updated this module for so long. I don't use Xposed myself anymore, so I only found out recently it was broken. Because I don't use Xposed (and thus this module), I'm maintaining this module solely for the Xposed/XDA community, so I hope you appreciate this (late) update.

Changelog:
    • Play Store v8.1.25 up to v8.3.42 compatibility (latest versions as of writing)
    • Nougat compatible
    • Removed Auto Refresh feature: it required too much work, use the refresh button instead
    • Removed default to My Apps feature: it required too much maintenance, use App Shortcuts instead
    • Removed hide launcher icon feature: the compiler didn't like it anymore, hide it in your launcher instead

Please report what you think about this module and what improvements you would like to see.
    Changelog
    Updates can be downloaded from Xposed Installer.

v1.4.0 - 2017-10-15
    • Play Store v8.1.25 up to v8.3.42 compatibility (latest versions as of writing)
    • Nougat compatible
    • Removed Auto Refresh feature: it required too much work, use the refresh button instead
    • Removed default to My Apps feature: it required too much maintenance, use App Shortcuts instead
    • Removed hide launcher icon feature: the compiler didn't like it anymore, hide it in your launcher instead

v1.3.2 - 2016-08-11
    • Play Store v6.8.24.F and v6.9.15.G compatibility (latest versions as of writing) - thanks Unpublished!
    • Added Ukrainian translation by Electroz
    • Updated Slovak translation by ja-som

v1.3.1 - 2016-07-03
    • Play Store v6.8.20.F compatibility (latest version as of writing)
    • Added the option to auto-refresh the Installed Apps list [beta] - Disabled by default, please give me feedback on this!
      You don't have to do anything (only enable it), the list is refreshed automatically. When you re-open the Play Store the Installed Apps list will be refreshed and new updates (if any) will be shown. This should complete in a few seconds.

v1.3.0 - 2016-06-11

v1.2.2 - 2016-06-01

v1.2.1 - 2016-03-10
    • Play Store v6.3.13.B compatibility (latest version as of writing)

v1.2.0 - 2016-02-22

v1.1.3 - 2015-03-05
    • Play Store v5.3.5 compatibility
    • Korean, Slovak and Russian translation, thanks @wolfwork, @pyler and GromozavrStas

v1.1.2 - 2014-11-12
    • Rewrote the whole 'My Apps as default pane' code, this is way more dynamic and respects intents
    • Simplified Chinese translation by Anyoe
    • Improved French translation by Micks29

v1.1.1 - 2014-11-10
    • Worked around preferences not being loaded for some users, caused by a permission problem (detailed explanation).
    • French translation, thanks Micks29

v1.1.0 - 2014-11-06
    • Option to change the default pane from Store Home to My Apps
    • Added a user interface to change your preferences
    • Made showing the full changelog optional
    • New Icon - thanks PünchUp

v1.0.0 - 2014-10-30
    • Initial release, please let me know what you think of this module!
    1.2.2 released

After a quick beta test with positive results, the update is officially released to the Xposed repository. If you manually installed the APK yesterday, there's no need to update as it's the same version.

Changelog: