[How To] Mi A1: Bootloader Unlocking Tutorial

Search This thread

ravinder0003

Mar 14, 2012
Dear All,

Unlocking Method

Our Xiaomi Mi A1 is locked and needs to be unlocked before flashing anything.

STEPS:

1. Power off your handset.
2. Press and hold volume down button and connect the handset to the pc/laptop.
3. Handset will now enter into fastboot mode.
4. Open command prompt on your pc/laptop and run the following command:

fastboot oem unlock

5. Your phone will be unlocked.

*** Make a backup of all your data as it might get erased during the process***

*** Warning***
After you unlock the device, it will become less secure. Your personal data might be leaked or lost.
Please think twice before flashing your phone and do it at your own risk.

Credits: Google and Xiaomi

Last edited:

Jerryxl

Jan 27, 2015
Since unlocking Mi A1 doesn't require key from xiaomi, will it affect warranty???

KishuX

Oct 31, 2017
What if device is locked?

I have mi A1 i hard reset it but it didn't started up because it needs to log on with a email that was synced before.. But i have forgotten that email and now my device is not starting.. So how can i unlock bootloader because i have no option to go to settings to enable oem unlock and USB debugging.. So what should i do now???

erez669

Jan 17, 2015
i rooted my phone successfully, but i'm getting "unlock bootloader" warning. can i relock my bootloader and stay rooted without bootloop or something?

SwankyDream

Sep 13, 2018
I have MI A2 Lite and it's with Android one. Can I unlock it with some tool and root it without affecting the warranty. And does Xiaomi key for unlock is needed only for MIUI interface.
Thanks in advance.

jass4140

Sep 28, 2014
Hello there, i tried fastboot pen unlock command on redmi 6 pro it says Failed ( remote: unknown error)

nitinlakra

Feb 7, 2017
I lost all my data

I had about 58GB data. I was thinking of installing custom ROM from last 4 months but could not do so. I tried unlocking boot loader for some reason . and now all my data is lost. my data for me is the most important thing for me. Forget it now i m going for custom rom. rip me. :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Dear All,

Unlocking Method

Our Xiaomi Mi A1 is locked and needs to be unlocked before flashing anything.

STEPS:

1. Power off your handset.
    2. Press and hold volume down button and connect the handset to the pc/laptop.
    3. Handset will now enter into fastboot mode.
    4. Open command prompt on your pc/laptop and run the following command:

fastboot oem unlock

5. Your phone will be unlocked.

*** Make a backup of all your data as it might get erased during the process***

*** Warning***
    After you unlock the device, it will become less secure. Your personal data might be leaked or lost.
    Please think twice before flashing your phone and do it at your own risk.

Credits: Google and Xiaomi
    You didn't bother to include on How to tick USB debugging before entering Fastboot mode and adb unlocking. Some beginners won't able succeed with it.
    And what about drivers which drivers are needed to be installed in pc???