[TOOL] Adbuix - A GUI for ADB on Linux. [v0.1.1 5/06/2010 UNSTABLE]

Search This thread

leonp

Jan 27, 2009
Does not start

Hello.
I just installed adbuix on my FC13 notebook and when I try to run it in the terminal I receive:
[root@leonp bin]# adbuix
[2] Adbuix started.
[1] ADB is already running.
[2] Only 1 device found.
[1E] Android Debug Bridge version 1.0.25
GlobalFunc.?.0: Message box already displayed
Mutex destroy failure: Device or resource busy

The same text is displayed in the graphic window.

Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks.

uhmzilighase

Aug 27, 2009
Colorado Springs, CO
Code:
cat /etc/debian_version
squeeze/sid
uname -r
2.6.35-2.dmz.1-liquorix-amd64

HTC Magic 32b
Cyanogenmod 6.0.0-RC3

Adbuix works great! Well done.

As mentioned earlier wireless over adb would be awesome. In fact, it's already here in adbWireless (search for it on appbrain - I'm not allowed to post links :eek: )
If it was possible to pass the device name to adbuix and use the running server started by adbWireless it might be easy to integrate adbWireless into adbuix This is how adbWireless sees the device:

Code:
adb get-serialno
192.168.0.105:5555

Thanks again - I waited a long time for this. Also thanks for NOT using mono. :D

LatinSuD

Nov 4, 2009
Geeksphone One

Hi, i have a Geeksphone One and there are a couple of issues:
  • It requires a modified version of adb binary, provided by manufacturer. This is not a problem. I just replaced /usr/share/adbuix/adb
  • LS and other commands output ansi color codes. This might also happen on other devices that use this busybox version.
    • A workaround is to call "ls --colors=never".
    • A better workaround is to set this variable before calling other commands: "export LS_COLORS=none"

Bupahs

Apr 20, 2008
East Petersburg
Don't work on my Ubuntu 9.10 and Nexus ONE

error: insufficient permission on device

[29] invalid object
Sturtup.?.0

I get error: insufficient permission on device on Ubuntu 10.04 and Motorola Cliq XT, it used to work just fine on Ubuntu 9.10, then I upgraded. Whats interesting is I can just use command line adb and they connect fine, just Adbuix is 'broken'

KodieG

Sep 30, 2009
Des Moines
kodieg.com
UPDATE (January 10, 2011):
This project has not been abandoned, I've just been dealing with some personal things and haven't had time to work on this. My plan for Adbuix is to completely rewrite it using the GTK+ Toolkit or the Qt Toolkit (haven't decided which one) so that the program can run by itself without any dependencies and will be able to be complied for any operating system easily. This is going to take some time but it will definitely be worth it. So check back here, or check my website for updates. Thanks!

buttsev2

Sep 23, 2010
just a suggestion, instead of using GTK or QT, use SDL so it's just a matter of compiling on another system (with at worst two or three patches due to operating system differences), since you plan on rewriting it anyway

KodieG

Sep 30, 2009
Des Moines
kodieg.com
Where could I find the Sources?
Greetings
The source files will be posted on my website sometime in the near future.

just a suggestion, instead of using GTK or QT, use SDL so it's just a matter of compiling on another system (with at worst two or three patches due to operating system differences), since you plan on rewriting it anyway
I've never heard of SDL, seems interesting, I'll look into it. I'm looking for the easiest method to go about rewriting and compiling Adbuix, I don't have much background in C but I'm wanting to learn.

aren't python and vala more cross platform oriented ?
I've heard of Vala and I am looking into it as well.

Thank you for your suggestions guys, I'm still having a hard time deciding what I want to rewrite Adbuix in.

suoko

Jan 7, 2010
Tokyo
The source files will be posted on my website sometime in the near future.

I've heard of Vala and I am looking into it as well.

Thank you for your suggestions guys, I'm still having a hard time deciding what I want to rewrite Adbuix in.

did you read banshee wants to manage pics too ?
it already manages androids music very well
maybe a banshee plugin to full control it ?
as far as i read c# has just speed problems but if it reaches vala speed it could perform like pure C

MrHassell

Dec 10, 2010
Melbourne
innertech.com.au
status update

Hi I like your project and will be looking into this as I found a fellow xda dev with a project already started that fits well with my needs. Perhaps we can continue some stream of development and would you mind if I include this into a Live-CD for building AOSP sources?

That would be great to know! Looking forward to checking the latest build! :)

ThePeacedog

Feb 3, 2009
Very interested in the progress of this project. I'd need source though, I'm a long time Slackware user. ;-)

reggjoo

Jul 12, 2011
Pgh
Motorola Edge
TOOL] Adbuix - A GUI for ADB on Linux. [v0.1.1 5/06/2010 UNSTABLE

I'm using Qtadb as a gui for adb, and eclipse to change java files(like lowmemorykiller values). is there something that's a combination of both?

sptorrent

Galaxy S2 JB

Hi,

Working fine :good: on Galaxy S2 JB (RR Rom) with Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 64bits.

In order to install Adbuix, you first need some dependancies like Gambas.

Then, launch
Code:
Adbuix.gambas
If it doesn't recognize your device, you may update adb and fastboot in
/usr/share/adbuix

After that, it works fine (at least the file transfert - which I'm interested on).

Thanks a lot.

ps. if you need the updated adb and fastboot, see attached file.

Attachments

• adb-fastboot.7z
    163.9 KB · Views: 10

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UPDATE (January 10, 2011):
    This project has not been abandoned, I've just been dealing with some personal things and haven't had time to work on this. My plan for Adbuix is to completely rewrite it using the GTK+ Toolkit or the Qt Toolkit (haven't decided which one) so that the program can run by itself without any dependencies and will be able to be complied for any operating system easily. This is going to take some time but it will definitely be worth it. So check back here, or check my website for updates. Thanks!

WARNING: THIS IS AN UNSTABLE BETA VERSION. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Adbuix

About
    Adbuix is a Graphic User Interface (GUI) for the Android Debug Bridge (ADB) on the Linux Operating System.
    It eliminates the work of remembering commands or typing out directory paths when using ADB to modify files on your Android device.
    Take this command for an example:
    Code:
    #adb -s emulator-5554 push /home/user/Desktop/Application.apk /system/app/Application.apk
    That is a command that you would have to type out in a terminal to copy an application from your computer desktop to your Android device.
    With Adbuix, you click the file you want to copy, click the folder you want to copy it to, and click the copy button. It's that easy!

Known Bugs
    • When using the program with an emulator instead of an actual device, in the file manager, folders have file icons instead of folders, but everything works as expected.

Compatibility
    Operating Systems
    • Ubuntu 8.04 (Hardy Heron) - Crashes with a "segmentation fault".
    • Ubuntu 9.10 (Karmic Koala) - Works fine.
    • Ubuntu 10.04 BETA 1 (Lucid Lynx) - Works fine.
    Devices
    • HTC Dream w/ CyanogenMod - Works fine.
    • HTC Tattoo w/ Stock Rom - Works fine.
    • HTC Tattoo w/ Open Eclair - Works fine.

Future Features
    • Partition Manager
    • Shell Console
    • Image Flashing
    • Rom Flashing
    • Rythmbox Integration
    • Much Much More...

Download
    Adbuix v0.1.1:
    http://kodieg.com/dl/adbuix_0_1_1.deb (Released 5/06/2010) (UNSTABLE)
    (Right Click, Save Link As...)

Adbuix Updater Bash Script v1.0.1:
    http://kodieg.com/dl/adbuixupdate.sh (Released 3/26/2010)
    (Right Click, Save Link As...)

How to Install
    Download the Adbuix Debian Package above and run it. Adbuix should be added to your main programs menu under "Other".

How to Update
    Open up a terminal and type "/usr/share/adbuix/update.sh", or just download the package again.

ChangeLog
    Code:
    [3] v0.1.1 - 5/06/2010 - 376.4KB
     - Fixed bug where program would crash when started if logs folder wasn't there. (Thanks HorusUK)

[2] v0.1.0 - 4/25/2010 - 376.3KB
     - Added menu bar on main window.
     - Added buttons for some future features in the main window.
     - Added shutdown function to reboot window.
     - Added logging system.
     - Added device log import system.
     - Added "Discuss Adbuix" menu option.
     - Added "Author" tab in about window.
     - Changed main window look.
     - Changed reboot window look.
     - Fixed "restart server & refresh" button crash bug.
     - Fixed desktop shortcut name and icon.
     - Disabled "Check for updates" feature until I fix it.
     - Disabled "Online Help" feature until I finish the help page.
    Official changelog here: http://kodieg.com/dl/adbuix_changelog.txt

Screenshots
    Click to enlarge.

Thank You!
    Thank you for trying out my program. Please feel free to reply in this thread any comments, suggestions, questions, bug reports, ect. and i will respond to you as soon as i can. :D