Reg: Refund Request.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

D4ND310

Relating to the issue I brought up in this thread over a year ago: https://xdaforums.com/apps/mx-player/missing-support-t3675478

A member of MX-Player team(perhaps the only developer?) had advised and instructed me on the method I should use to transfer my Pro licensed MXPlayer from the Google Play version to a J2Interactive website-licensed downloadable package.

This transaction has been done and I now have access to my purchased product that doesn't require me to run Google Play Services to use, meaning I have paid twice for the item, since my request for a refund on the original transaction has gone unheard.
The method I was advised to use was to: Make a second purchase of my product from the J2Interactive site, following which, my Google Play Account version would be refunded.
Following this second purchase, my email has gone un-replied to from the payments/purchase team(person?) and I now find myself back in a public internet forum trying to resolve a personal, financial matter.

I note that there has been not a single delay in processing or correspondence regarding receipt for the Actual taking of monies from my accounts for my purchase. Twice.

@Thirumalai.K - Since you were the one to originally advise me on the method I should use to proceed, I wonder If you could have a word with the busy Payments Department on my behalf?
The email account used for both my first(Play Store) and second(J2I direct) purchase is the same, so it should be easy enough to see that there has been two payments made to date for the product: mreid . cgi @ gmail . com

Thank you.

Last edited:

Thirumalai.K

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2011
Relating to the issue I brought up in this thread over a year ago: https://xdaforums.com/apps/mx-player/missing-support-t3675478

Hey,

Based on our email records and your purchase history, It seems that you haven't purchased the app from our website when we have requested to do so, and we haven't heard back from you since our last reply on 21st Sep 2017. Also, we have found that you have purchased pro on your own will on 17th Dec 2018 (i.e. more than a year after our last conversation).

Looks you were using the pirated versions (as you have mentioned in the email) for more than a year till your recent purchase on dec'18. Moreover, at that time of your previous request (i.e. in 2017), Google Play was allowing us to initiate the refunds even for very old purchases. But, it no longer offers the refund option for the purchases older than 6 months. So, we may not be able to refund at the moment even if we would like to refund.

If you are having any concerns, please reach us at support@mxplayer.in. We will be happy to assist you.

D4ND310

Thanks for responding.

I actually used a pirated version of the app, which as you know, I had purchased, for a very short time. I used it for a couple/few days at the max.
I was running a device which didn't allow for Google Play to be installed and as I simply cannot suffer a device using any other media player than my MXP, which of course, I was unable to install, it was simply a temporary band-aid in my hour of need. I honestly do not like to live on the seamy-side and I don't use stolen/pirated software. If I like something, I will buy it, or gladly donate payment to the Developer who have spent their time making these lovely items that make my life better.

Shortly, though, I was again able to access Play Services and reinstall the Play version.
If I seemed a bit dry and demanding in our last conversations it's because I was irritated that my purchased product wasn't available to me, whereas various other Developers of my purchased items were more than happy to simply transfer my licences to non-Play-dependent versions upon proof of purchase.

I recently recalled our conversation and so purchased directly from J2I, as I found myself in the same position again.
You are correct in that it has been a year and I understand that Services etc. are subject to change at any point. If a refund is unavailable then it's unavailable. I at least now have the option to run the application both from Play and as a stand-alone software in times like these.

Thank you.

Thirumalai.K

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2011
Thanks for responding.
I recently recalled our conversation and so purchased directly from J2I, as I found myself in the same position again.
You are correct in that it has been a year and I understand that Services etc. are subject to change at any point. If a refund is unavailable then it's unavailable. I at least now have the option to run the application both from Play and as a stand-alone software in times like these.

Thank you.

We just wanted to clarify that we have tried our best to assist you in a better way. But, Google Play's policies are changing so frequently, which makes us helpless in this case.

Thanks for your understanding and continued support.

Reactions: D4ND310
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks for responding.

Thank you.

We just wanted to clarify that we have tried our best to assist you in a better way. But, Google Play's policies are changing so frequently, which makes us helpless in this case.

Thanks for your understanding and continued support.