[MOD][PORT][APP]Vanilla Locks & Gestures (Multi-Silder/Rotary) & Config. App - Sense

Search This thread

JsChiSurf

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 5, 2010
Hacksville
[MOD][PORT][APP]Vanilla Locks & Gestures (Multi-Silder/Rotary) & Config. App - Sense

Okay, the wait is finally over! As the title of the thread states, included below is a heavily modified framework for deodexed HTC Sense ROMs (3.70 base), that will give you the ability run any vanilla style lockscreen you desire, including options for standard tab/slider, multiple-sliders (4 tabs for unlock/mute/phone/messaging), or Rotary.

First, and foremost, thank you to the CM team for most of the starting source. I used their framework, and settings app as a starting point, and merged this with the original rotary source port I created for the Hero, which was based on the original Droid android 2.0 ROM.

This mod/port required heavy edits to multiple framework files, and the base/starting framework files I used were the Power Control Widgets, so flashing the mod linked below will also apply the notification menu widgets. There's really no choice in the matter, as otherwise, I would have to maintain two completely different sets of frameworks for this port/mod, which would create a mess.

So, just from the framework side of things, the mod includes the following files:

services.jar, android.policy.jar, framework.jar, and framework-res.apk*

*Note: services.jar was not affected by this mod, but since framework.jar and framework-res.apk include, as mentioned, the power control widgets as its base, I had to include it in the zip).

When you apply this mod, given that the framework files referenced above will be replaced, any customizations/themes you may have applied will be removed and need to be re-applied with my framework files included below as the starting point. What does this mean? You CANNOT apply a previous theme you were using, not based off of the framework files in this thread, after having applied this mod. It will break. If you are not comfortable with this, you will want to wait until your ROM dev incorporates this into a new "point" ROM release.

Since all of the above framework files are being replaced, after applying, your initial reboot will take a while, as your Dalvik cache will get rebuilt. Be patient and don't panic.

Also, since the power control widgets were used as the starting framework, the framework files include the following modifications out of the box:

• Allow for transparent notification menu background (xeudoxus & fxn)
  • Remove USB Debugging icon (me)
  • Remove GPS off reticle icon, retain GPS on reticle (me)
  • USB Tether / Hotspot Fix (vaelek & aamikam)
  • Disable Menu Unlock on Lockscreens (me) (new to this mod/port)

In addition to the framework files referenced above, the flashable zip will also install the following 2 applications:

DeskClock.apk <--- You MUST use this clock to set your alarms, to avoid issues when disabling your alarm, when using Vanilla Style locks on Sense ROMs. You will find this application in your app drawer via the following icon:

ic_launcher_alarmclock.png

EDIT 1/29/11: To modify your clock widget, to take you to the above referenced Android clock, when setting your alarm, rather than the HTC clock, which you shouldn't use, see HERE if using the animated flip, and HERE for the stock non-animated flip.

LockScreenSettings.apk <--- This is the application I "created" to set your lockscreen style and options (shown below).

The "LockScreen Settings" application can be found in the app drawer via the following icon:

cm_icon.png

Following are screen captures of the options available to you via the LockScreen Settings application:

settings.png
settings_style.png

settings_gestures.png

As shown above, the settings application allows you to do the following:

• Select your lockscreen style (tab v. rotary)
  • Enable Music Controls
  • Set if music controls are always present vs. only when music is playing
  • For tab version, add sliders for Phone & Messaging
  • Assigning Messaging Application to Messaging Tab/Slider
  • Setup Lockscreen Gestures, Trail, Color, Etc.
  • Disable slider/rotary dial and use gestures only (screen void of any unlock icons).

It is important to note that for now, as this is a complete hack that I created for putting this application together, that a reboot is REQUIRED after making any changes for your settings to take affect. I hope to resolve in the future, but it will have to do for now. A Hot Reboot will also do the trick, rather than a full restart.

Now, when applying this mod/port/app, in addition to the above files being installed, the updater-script will also automatically remove your HtcLockScreen.apk file, if present, in order to make sure the vanilla locks are used instead, AND install the necessary lockscreen_gestures to your /data/misc/ folder. This file is REQUIRED for the gestures to be written/saved for your phone, without it, gestures will NOT work. Application of the gestures portion may appear to stall when flashing. Be patient, it will apply. If, for whatever reason, after applying, you are unable to save gestures, try manually creating the necessary gestures file, with instructions provided here.

Download Vanilla Lockscreens Framework & Applications <--- Flash via Recovery

EDIT 1/29/11: The above link has been updated to include a newly modified DeskClock.apk with a "fixed" gallery button, to take you to the HTC Gallery/Album, rather than the stock Android gallery, which is not likely on your phone, preventing the button from working (second from the left at the bottom of the clock screen). See HERE for a standalone flashable zip for the clock only, if you've already applied this mod. It also includes an updated LockScreenSettings apk file to remove the "vestigal" appearance of RenderFx from your widget selections, since they do not apply to this mod.

Last edited:

JsChiSurf

Feb 5, 2010
Hacksville
Screen Captures

Following are screen captures of the various lockscreen versions you can apply with the settings application:

Stock Sliding Tab Lock:

slider.png

Sliding Tab Lock w/ 4 Sliders:
slider_multi.png

Rotary Lock:
rotary.png

Blank Lock (gestures only):
no_sliders.png

Last edited:

casper97ta

Nov 26, 2010
wow man this is so awesome I cant wait to give this a shot. thanks so much for all the work you put into this.

JsChiSurf

Feb 5, 2010
Hacksville
What's cool, in my opinion, is that we seem to be moving to a hybrid ROM that for many (myself included), includes the best of both worlds, CM & Sense. Which I quite like :).

Wow. This looks awesome. I'm very tempted to try it out. Now, if there was a way to get this lockscreen style to also apply to answering calls, I'd definitely go for it. I have like OCD when it comes to sliding left/right to unlock the screen but up and down to answer/decline calls.

Very nice work though and I definitely like the music controls being added.

JsChiSurf

Feb 5, 2010
Hacksville
just can't get the gestures to work or get rid of the locks completly for pure gestures....
As mentioned in the OP, gestures require the presence of a read/write file in the /data/misc/ folder, named lockscreen_gestures.

The flashable zip should create this file for you automatically. Did you use the zip to apply? Do you see the file on your phone?

If not, you can adb in and create the file and change its mode, which should get the gestures working:

Code:
adb remount
adb shell
touch /data/misc/lockscreen_gestures
chmod 777 /data/misc/lockscreen_gestures
reboot

Stoney 666

Aug 23, 2010
SUR GATE!!
As mentioned in the OP, gestures require the presence of a read/write file in the /data/misc/ folder, named lockscreen_gestures.

The flashable zip should create this file for you automatically. Did you use the zip to apply? Do you see the file on your phone?

If not, you can adb in and create the file and change its mode, which should get the gestures working:

Code:
adb remount
adb shell
touch /data/misc/lockscreen_gestures
chmod 777 /data/misc/lockscreen_gestures
reboot

All I see is a folder called lockscreen which is empty and a file named screen_lock_status (I think)....

CrackedTech

Mar 30, 2010
St. Charles, MO
Man, thanks a ton for this; I can't wait to get home and set it up! I'm really glad that I stumbled onto the other thread but also that I only did so this morning otherwise I might have gone nuts with anticipation. :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Okay, the wait is finally over! As the title of the thread states, included below is a heavily modified framework for deodexed HTC Sense ROMs (3.70 base), that will give you the ability run any vanilla style lockscreen you desire, including options for standard tab/slider, multiple-sliders (4 tabs for unlock/mute/phone/messaging), or Rotary.

First, and foremost, thank you to the CM team for most of the starting source. I used their framework, and settings app as a starting point, and merged this with the original rotary source port I created for the Hero, which was based on the original Droid android 2.0 ROM.

This mod/port required heavy edits to multiple framework files, and the base/starting framework files I used were the Power Control Widgets, so flashing the mod linked below will also apply the notification menu widgets. There's really no choice in the matter, as otherwise, I would have to maintain two completely different sets of frameworks for this port/mod, which would create a mess.

So, just from the framework side of things, the mod includes the following files:

services.jar, android.policy.jar, framework.jar, and framework-res.apk*

*Note: services.jar was not affected by this mod, but since framework.jar and framework-res.apk include, as mentioned, the power control widgets as its base, I had to include it in the zip).

When you apply this mod, given that the framework files referenced above will be replaced, any customizations/themes you may have applied will be removed and need to be re-applied with my framework files included below as the starting point. What does this mean? You CANNOT apply a previous theme you were using, not based off of the framework files in this thread, after having applied this mod. It will break. If you are not comfortable with this, you will want to wait until your ROM dev incorporates this into a new "point" ROM release.

Since all of the above framework files are being replaced, after applying, your initial reboot will take a while, as your Dalvik cache will get rebuilt. Be patient and don't panic.

Also, since the power control widgets were used as the starting framework, the framework files include the following modifications out of the box:

• Allow for transparent notification menu background (xeudoxus & fxn)
    • Remove USB Debugging icon (me)
    • Remove GPS off reticle icon, retain GPS on reticle (me)
    • USB Tether / Hotspot Fix (vaelek & aamikam)
    • Disable Menu Unlock on Lockscreens (me) (new to this mod/port)

In addition to the framework files referenced above, the flashable zip will also install the following 2 applications:

DeskClock.apk <--- You MUST use this clock to set your alarms, to avoid issues when disabling your alarm, when using Vanilla Style locks on Sense ROMs. You will find this application in your app drawer via the following icon:

ic_launcher_alarmclock.png

EDIT 1/29/11: To modify your clock widget, to take you to the above referenced Android clock, when setting your alarm, rather than the HTC clock, which you shouldn't use, see HERE if using the animated flip, and HERE for the stock non-animated flip.

LockScreenSettings.apk <--- This is the application I "created" to set your lockscreen style and options (shown below).

The "LockScreen Settings" application can be found in the app drawer via the following icon:

cm_icon.png

Following are screen captures of the options available to you via the LockScreen Settings application:

settings.png
    settings_style.png

settings_gestures.png

As shown above, the settings application allows you to do the following:

• Select your lockscreen style (tab v. rotary)
    • Enable Music Controls
    • Set if music controls are always present vs. only when music is playing
    • For tab version, add sliders for Phone & Messaging
    • Assigning Messaging Application to Messaging Tab/Slider
    • Setup Lockscreen Gestures, Trail, Color, Etc.
    • Disable slider/rotary dial and use gestures only (screen void of any unlock icons).

It is important to note that for now, as this is a complete hack that I created for putting this application together, that a reboot is REQUIRED after making any changes for your settings to take affect. I hope to resolve in the future, but it will have to do for now. A Hot Reboot will also do the trick, rather than a full restart.

Now, when applying this mod/port/app, in addition to the above files being installed, the updater-script will also automatically remove your HtcLockScreen.apk file, if present, in order to make sure the vanilla locks are used instead, AND install the necessary lockscreen_gestures to your /data/misc/ folder. This file is REQUIRED for the gestures to be written/saved for your phone, without it, gestures will NOT work. Application of the gestures portion may appear to stall when flashing. Be patient, it will apply. If, for whatever reason, after applying, you are unable to save gestures, try manually creating the necessary gestures file, with instructions provided here.

Download Vanilla Lockscreens Framework & Applications <--- Flash via Recovery

EDIT 1/29/11: The above link has been updated to include a newly modified DeskClock.apk with a "fixed" gallery button, to take you to the HTC Gallery/Album, rather than the stock Android gallery, which is not likely on your phone, preventing the button from working (second from the left at the bottom of the clock screen). See HERE for a standalone flashable zip for the clock only, if you've already applied this mod. It also includes an updated LockScreenSettings apk file to remove the "vestigal" appearance of RenderFx from your widget selections, since they do not apply to this mod.
    Screen Captures

Following are screen captures of the various lockscreen versions you can apply with the settings application:

Stock Sliding Tab Lock:

slider.png

Sliding Tab Lock w/ 4 Sliders:
    slider_multi.png

Rotary Lock:
    rotary.png

Blank Lock (gestures only):
    no_sliders.png
    MetaMorph

For the rotary lockscreen, if you do NOT prefer the direction arrows (see below), apply the attached using MetaMorph to remove:

rotary_dir.png

Remove direction arrows on rotary lock <--- Apply using MetaMorph
    Vanilla Lock Screens for Sense w/ Smooth Mods

Problem is, there are virtually infinite possibilities in terms of 1% increment styles. I happen to run what I call "super rectangle", which is the stock battery with percent. If you happen to use this one (I also use the animated sync), I can post mine up.

Beat you to it John :p

Vanilla Lock Screens for Sense w/ Smooth Mods (from faster3200's port, you know, the one with the rectangle battery that JSChiSurf was just talking about a few posts ago, yeah, that one!)
    @lowrider: love the mods, great job. everything looks great, but i'm not a huge fan of the gingerbread icons, especially the battery % (i can barely see the number). can you create one w/out it? thank you very much

Here you guys go.

Here is LowRider twist to this:

* Vanilla Locks & Gestures (Multi-Silder/Rotary) & Config. App - Sense by JsChiSurf
    * Myn Rosie with LowRider Twist
    * LowRider Flipclock
    * Super Circle Battery with %
    * LowRider signal status and wifi and 3g+++
    * Black Slider Icon
    * Semi Transparent Status Bar
    * Modded Status bar slide down
    * Myn Animations
    * LowRider's Black Folder Icons
    * LowRider's Specail Sauce

Thanks JsChiSurf for the bomb framework and app!!

Download:
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/6b54d82l78r6d8q/LowRider-Lockscreens_vanilla_sense.zip