Search This thread
Mar 7, 2012
It's brand new (minus the cellophane wrap) and I can't get anyone to buy it locally on CL. Rare as hen's teeth. I'm surprised there has been no interest.

pileot

Oct 16, 2010
my area you can get one from damn near anywhere, its the tablet thats hard as hell to get

neo1738

Nov 24, 2010
can someone explain why Amazon is now selling these for $179.99 while BB still has them at $149.99?

fasthair

Sep 26, 2010
Moto G Power
Office Depot

I picked up a dock a couple of days ago at my local Office Depot. They had it in stock at list price. Of course they didn't have any of the TF201 tablets in stock but plenty of the TF101s.

I'm still not sure I'm going to keep it though. I didn't buy my Prime to use as a laptop really. I bought it to use as a tablet, I've got plenty of netbooks, laptops and desktops. What really disappointed me was they don't come with a charger and cable.

I've docked mine once and didn't even remove the plastic protective covering just to see what it is all about. I can see how people are cracking screens with this thing though. The hinge is unbelievably tight.

If I do decide to sell it I will post.

fasthair

neo1738

Nov 24, 2010
almost wonder if storing tab and dock separately for things like travel and transport would be a better (safer) idea.

My local Best Buy and surrounding locations all have them in stock. I bought one a week ago just to try out when though I didn't think I would care for it. I tried it a couple times an then returned it to Best Buy. It is very very nice!! If I was in college or didn't have a new laptop that I love them I am sure I would have kept it. If any one is around the Atlanta Georgia area them check local Best Buy stores, plenty of docks in this area, no tablets though....

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium

wokka00

May 9, 2011
New York
Wow. No one read the OP.

If you add rubber bumpers, it's probably safer to transport docked. If not, there's some suspicion that docked transport could potentially cause the glass to crack, although I don't think that's been confirmed as the actual cause just yet. Transporting separately, I'm not sure that you'd necessarily benefit - the bulk is at least the same, if not greater, and you'll have to pack them separately to avoid having the hinge scratch the glass.

almightywhacko

Aug 18, 2010
Wow. No one read the OP.

If you add rubber bumpers, it's probably safer to transport docked. If not, there's some suspicion that docked transport could potentially cause the glass to crack, although I don't think that's been confirmed as the actual cause just yet. Transporting separately, I'm not sure that you'd necessarily benefit - the bulk is at least the same, if not greater, and you'll have to pack them separately to avoid having the hinge scratch the glass.

I have been using my Prime with the dock since early last December and my Prime is fine. I carry this thing everywhere, work, home when I travel on vacation, etc.

After reading all the anecdotal reports of Prime screens cracking, I think the real issue with the people whose screens cracked is that the Prime's backplate is slightly warped, which puts stress on the screen. If the glass is stressed long enough any bump could lead to a crack. Probably closing the lid, or pressing the slightly warped Prime against the keyboard dock was enough to stress the glass and cause a break.

As for the real intent of the thread:

Officedepot still has them in stock. As far as I can see they have had the most consistent stock of both Prime's Docks & other accessories. I don't know if they ship to Canada though.

http://www.officedepot.com/catalog/search.do?fkey=&Ntt=tf201

Last edited:

wokka00

May 9, 2011
New York
I have been using my Prime with the dock since early last December and my Prime is fine. I carry this thing everywhere, work, home when I travel on vacation, etc.

After reading all the anecdotal reports of Prime screens cracking, I think the real issue with the people whose screens cracked is that the Prime's backplate is slightly warped, which puts stress on the screen. If the glass is stressed long enough any bump could lead to a crack. Probably closing the lid, or pressing the slightly warped Prime against the keyboard dock was enough to stress the glass and cause a break.

As for the real intent of the thread:

Officedepot still has them in stock. As far as I can see they have had the most consistent stock of both Prime's Docks & other accessories. I don't know if they ship to Canada though.

http://www.officedepot.com/catalog/search.do?fkey=&Ntt=tf201

Hah, whoops. Started reading on the second page, not the first.