[ROM] AOKP Milestone 5 *UNOFFICIAL* [4/29/2012]

Search This thread

phrac

Jan 15, 2009
This is an UNOFFICIAL BUILD! AOKP is now making official builds, so please check those out. This is likely my last build since teamkang will be making official builds. Check out http://rootzwiki.com/topic/24350-aokp-toroplus-april-28-milestone-5-404/ for more information on official AOKP builds!

This is my first attempt at a ROM build, I take no credit, I just built it. The usual disclaimers apply, not responsible for bricked devices, lost data, house on fire, etc. FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK!!

AOKP For Sprint Galaxy Nexus

I'm a big fan of AOKP so I decided to build this for the Sprint version of the Galaxy Nexus. It is a build straight from the AOKP git repo using BRD's/EOS vendor and device tree.

For more information about AOKP and its features, visit the AOKP site at: http://forum.aokp.co/page/news

I have not fully tested this but everything appears to be working. I have *not* tested MMS so I cannot confirm or deny that it works.

This was a rushed build, I still need to clean up my source tree as I kind of made a mess. Again, I'm trying to learn how to do this stuff. Any feedback would be appreciated!

KNOWN BUGS
  • GPS not working for some, I will rebuild later with a fix, but you can use this fix from the CM9 thread for now Fixed in build #2 (credit djcense, drdrewdown)
  • Some users experiencing problems with Google wallet.

CHANGELOG
  • 4/29/2012
    • Update to Milestone 5
    • Add some tweaks from CM9 device tree
  • 4/28/2012 - #2
    • Cleaned up source tree for future builds
    • fixed GPS with missing lib_gsd4t.so (credit djcense, drdrewdown, CM9)
  • 4/28/2012 - #1
    • Initial release

FIRST TIME INSTALL
  1. Boot into recovery (tested with CWM & twrp - no asserts at this time)
  2. Wipe Data/Factory Reset
  3. Flash AOKP
  4. Flash gapps
  5. reboot

UPGRADING FROM PREVIOUS AOKP BUILDS

1. You do not need to wipe unless otherwise noted!
  2. Flash ROM
  3. Flash GAPPS
  4. Wipe cache/dalvik
  5. reboot

DOWNLOAD

Big thanks to the AOKP team, bigrushdog, team EOS, and all the fellows in the #gn-sprint IRC channel on Freenode.

Last edited:

deliveraway

Apr 25, 2011
I wiped and flashed. Working fine for me. Thank you.

Edit. Tried flashing Liquid from the themes thread. No dice...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Last edited:

bdubs4200

Oct 18, 2010
Hail satan! AOKP has arrived!! Thank yoouu

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

djcense

Feb 24, 2008
I noticed no GPS. Just had to do the fix in the CM9 thread and worked fine.

Looks like wallet is working for this too.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Reactions: emd2009

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is an UNOFFICIAL BUILD! AOKP is now making official builds, so please check those out. This is likely my last build since teamkang will be making official builds. Check out http://rootzwiki.com/topic/24350-aokp-toroplus-april-28-milestone-5-404/ for more information on official AOKP builds!

This is my first attempt at a ROM build, I take no credit, I just built it. The usual disclaimers apply, not responsible for bricked devices, lost data, house on fire, etc. FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK!!

AOKP For Sprint Galaxy Nexus

I'm a big fan of AOKP so I decided to build this for the Sprint version of the Galaxy Nexus. It is a build straight from the AOKP git repo using BRD's/EOS vendor and device tree.

For more information about AOKP and its features, visit the AOKP site at: http://forum.aokp.co/page/news

I have not fully tested this but everything appears to be working. I have *not* tested MMS so I cannot confirm or deny that it works.

This was a rushed build, I still need to clean up my source tree as I kind of made a mess. Again, I'm trying to learn how to do this stuff. Any feedback would be appreciated!

KNOWN BUGS
    • GPS not working for some, I will rebuild later with a fix, but you can use this fix from the CM9 thread for now Fixed in build #2 (credit djcense, drdrewdown)
    • Some users experiencing problems with Google wallet.

CHANGELOG
    • 4/29/2012
      • Update to Milestone 5
      • Add some tweaks from CM9 device tree
    • 4/28/2012 - #2
      • Cleaned up source tree for future builds
      • fixed GPS with missing lib_gsd4t.so (credit djcense, drdrewdown, CM9)
    • 4/28/2012 - #1
      • Initial release

FIRST TIME INSTALL
    1. Boot into recovery (tested with CWM & twrp - no asserts at this time)
    2. Wipe Data/Factory Reset
    3. Flash AOKP
    4. Flash gapps
    5. reboot

UPGRADING FROM PREVIOUS AOKP BUILDS

1. You do not need to wipe unless otherwise noted!
    2. Flash ROM
    3. Flash GAPPS
    4. Wipe cache/dalvik
    5. reboot

DOWNLOAD

Big thanks to the AOKP team, bigrushdog, team EOS, and all the fellows in the #gn-sprint IRC channel on Freenode.
    have u had a chance to post m5? thnx for ur work man. battery life has been the best I've had on this device. really excited

Working on uploading M5 now. It will probably be my last build since teamkang is making official builds now. I'll update OP shortly.
    Looks like the official AOKP build is uploading.
    I updated OP with the second build of the day. This new build should fix GPS for those that haven't already pushed the lib to /system/lib.