[Q] Dell Streak 5 rebooting problems (S.O.S.)

Search This thread

wolfxwinds

May 10, 2012
Jacksonville
Well I am having the imfamous rebooting problem with my streak 5.
I am running stock olleh 407 with root. I have tried other roms such as Steve's Gingerstreak rom, DSC, Longhorn, MIUI, and always seems to still have the issue with the phone rebooting for no reason, sometimes out of the blue when not even doing anything, most the time when running applications and 99% of the time with games.. I'd love to get this fixed.. simply because I bought it off of craigslist and love this phone, I cannot goto Dell and try to get help because they need to know where the phone was bought from originally which I have no way of finding the info, I wish I could just get a new warrenty(sp?) but they wont help me out..

any clues? even if I got to go back to froyo to make it stop this crap Im willing too..:confused:

wolfxwinds

May 10, 2012
Jacksonville
Model Number:
Dell Streak

Android Version:

Baseband Version:
GAUSB1A140514-US

Kernal Version:
2.6.35.7-perf

OEM Version:
GAUSB1A140714

Build Number

Strephon Alkhalikoi

Aug 3, 2010
Vulcan
Samsung Galaxy S4
Nexus 6
Try changing your baseband. The baseband you're using is the beta baseband and that could be the source of your difficulties. I'm surprised however, as I figured 407 would have changed the baseband. Perhaps you're one of the lucky ones to not have the new baseband "stick".

Reactions: wolfxwinds

_2bad4u_

Aug 25, 2011
I used to have this problem with resets and no matter what rom i put i got the same result, so by accident i figure it out it was from the back cover, i open up the streak and put something to the senzor so no matter what i do even if i take the cover off the streak is not turning off.

You should shake it and try to hit the back cover but not to hard to damage the streak and see if it is from the cover.
My guess is that the cover is doing that.

ekow_b

Jun 29, 2012
my streak restart when i watch youtube video.what can be the problem?Am running a stock rom 407 olleh.

jayjayn1137

Oct 17, 2010
I too use to get random reboots with streakdroid roms and some stock roms. When I installed MIUI 2.4.20 the random reboots stopped.
Im not 100% sure that it was the rom that fixed this but its too much of a coincidence that its the only rom i had no issues with whatsoever.
With every custom rom there is always a detailed guide on the best way to flash to get the best results.
Its absolutely crucial that you follow these guides. It makes a big difference.

wolfxwinds

May 10, 2012
Jacksonville
and so far no reboots! thanks dude.. I hit the thank button for you also.
I follow the directions on the roms to the T but I guess things happen sometimes.
anyways thank you again

badgerboy1

Jul 12, 2005
I was having the same problem and installed a battery app that reported charge/temp etc. Everything was fine while used for approx 15 mins, but as the temp started to rise thats when rebooting happened. Tried new battery but made no diff, tried a number of roms to no avail.

deysmacro

Jan 6, 2012
I was having the same problem and installed a battery app that reported charge/temp etc. Everything was fine while used for approx 15 mins, but as the temp started to rise thats when rebooting happened. Tried new battery but made no diff, tried a number of roms to no avail.

try flashing longhorn 2.7 and see if it helps... or try DSC 1.0...

wolfxwinds

May 10, 2012
Jacksonville
after a week or so its rebooting on games and such.. not over clocked or anything.. running stock rom at that..

not to sure man.. this is kinda killing my love for the streak..

deysmacro

Jan 6, 2012
after a week or so its rebooting on games and such.. not over clocked or anything.. running stock rom at that..

not to sure man.. this is kinda killing my love for the streak..

well... go for custom ROM then... we here pretty much dont use stock ROM anymore because ... well... it is stock and does not have any tweak done to it..

jayjayn1137

Oct 17, 2010
running stock rom at that..

Thats parts of your problem.

I find that stock roms are totally useless. Thats my opinion.

Yes there are custom roms out there that are still buggy but i find they are all much better that what is offered from stock.

I also find that it necessary to read the whole post before flashing any rom. There are always helpfull hints inside as to how to make your custom rom work without issues.

nyiko81

Jul 9, 2012
How ilr u man pls help ive just rooted my dell streak 5 i wanna get 2.3 rom how do i go about this

Sent from my Dell Streak using xda app-developers app

xtremealok

Jul 14, 2011
having the same probs... random reboots...

dell streak 5

android 2.2.2

baseband- GAUSB1A1406214-US

kernel- 2.6.32.9-perf

OEM- GAUSB1A135411

simple streak 1.2

bootloader in the beginning shows DELL in a circle and ! in a triangle. on pressing the power button it lists the v0,3,2,7-DoctorWFix menu...

when choosing update from sdcard option, it says
E:Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk1p1
(No such file or directory)
E:Can't mount /sdcard

HELP!!!

deysmacro

Jan 6, 2012

dell streak 5

android 2.2.2

kernel- 2.6.32.9-perf

OEM- GAUSB1A135411

simple streak 1.2

bootloader in the beginning shows DELL in a circle and ! in a triangle. on pressing the power button it lists the v0,3,2,7-DoctorWFix menu...

HELP!!!

your sd card probably gone bad already.. and you may need to reformat it again using sd card adapter ...

however... you need to use streakmod recovery.... if you want to upgrade... i say try DSC 1.0 because all the required file is there at the dev forum...

Reactions: xtremealok

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Try changing your baseband. The baseband you're using is the beta baseband and that could be the source of your difficulties. I'm surprised however, as I figured 407 would have changed the baseband. Perhaps you're one of the lucky ones to not have the new baseband "stick".

dell streak 5

android 2.2.2

kernel- 2.6.32.9-perf

OEM- GAUSB1A135411

simple streak 1.2

HELP!!!

your sd card probably gone bad already.. and you may need to reformat it again using sd card adapter ...

however... you need to use streakmod recovery.... if you want to upgrade... i say try DSC 1.0 because all the required file is there at the dev forum...