SmartQ Z1. A stupid question.

Search This thread

electroblood

Feb 12, 2010
How is this thing waterproof when the head phone jack is just... right THERE open to anything. I mean that seems like a fairly big deal and an indication that I might not want to toss this thing in the tub.

Has anyone actually tested their Z1 by going swimming or something?

dottat

Retired Forum Moderator
How is this thing waterproof when the head phone jack is just... right THERE open to anything. I mean that seems like a fairly big deal and an indication that I might not want to toss this thing in the tub.

Has anyone actually tested their Z1 by going swimming or something?

The paper that came with my said ip57 and said to NOT swim with it. Says ok at room temperature in shallow water.

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Tapatalk

electroblood

Feb 12, 2010
The paper that came with my said ip57 and said to NOT swim with it. Says ok at room temperature in shallow water.

IPX7 says immersion in 1 meter of water for 30 minutes. Its does say not to take in the shower, but their web site certainly SHOWS it being dunked and someone swimming with it. Strange

dottat

Retired Forum Moderator
IPX7 says immersion in 1 meter of water for 30 minutes. Its does say not to take in the shower, but their web site certainly SHOWS it being dunked and someone swimming with it. Strange

I'm a watch guy. That said I don't ever swim with any watch. Even the ones I have with 1000 ft rating. I'm just going to go about normal life. It's $100 so if I happen to soak it to death I will be forced to decide how much the watch was needed.

I did see one guy post he wore his while giving the kids a bath and remembered afterwards. He had no problems.

ofsinreno

Nov 11, 2009
I've taken a shower with mine many times and mine has no plug in the headphone jack. I've had no problems.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

electroblood

Feb 12, 2010
Thanks All

I just wanted to get some idea of what I was dealing with before I did something fatal to my new toy. Appreciate the input.