LG G4 bootloop new fix!

Search This thread

interlitpol

Mar 22, 2015
Hello everyone, i just wanted to share a new fix that i have applied on my G4, it had bootlooped a week ago and it was stuck on lg logo, i decided to fix it. So what i did was disassemble the thing, i took off the motherboard and put it on a metal plate, i took away the heatsink and applied hot air with a hair dryer for 7 minutes, and then i let cool down for 30 mins, after that i applied a little bit of thermal paste (Arctic Silver) and by a little bit i mean a grain of rice. And then i've cut a piece of paper bend it a little bit and made it look like a little square and put it just between the motherboard and the screen so it can put some pressure on the cpu. Finally put everything back and started the phone.
Now on my 4th day without any issues, i tried playing some games and watching videos for hours and just runs cool and mouth, the only downside is a blueish spot appeared on the screen because of the preessure made by that piece of paper i've put in there. But i rather live with it like that than having a paperweight phone that serves for nothng.

I'll upload a video of all the steps i've done.

Hope it helps those without warranties and stuck with bootlooping phones like me.

Last edited:

XxReApErxX

Nov 21, 2011
Lima/Perú
Hello everyone, i just wanted to share a new fix that i have applied on my G4, it had bootlooped a week ago and it was stuck on lg logo, i decided to fix it. So what i did was disassemble the thing, i took off the motherboard and put it on a metal plate, i took away the heatsink and applied hot air with a hair dryer for 7 minutes, and then i let cool down for 30 mins, after that i applied a little bit of thermal paste (Arctic Silver) and by a little bit i mean a grain of rice. And then i've cut a piece of paper bend it a little bit and made it look like a little square and put it just between the motherboard and the screen so it can put some pressure on the cpu. Finally put everything back and started the phone.
Now on my 4th day without any issues, i tried playing some games and watching videos for hours and just runs cool and mouth, the only downside is a blueish spot appeared on the screen because of the preessure made by that piece of paper i've put in there. But i rather live with it like that than having a paperweight phone that serves for nothng.

Hope it helps those without warranties and stuck with bootlooping phones like me.
Please upload the video...

Enviado desde mi SM-G935F mediante Tapatalk

spadyrus

Jun 12, 2014
i do this right now .. but i use a griddle for the clothes, and its working right now the only thing is i use the thermal paste bad, because i have 50°c of temperature :/ .. i will open my g4 again

---------- Post added at 09:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

use that a iron for clothes and it will work, i dont know for about how much time .. but it works

larsdennert

Dec 5, 2007
I'm guessing what happens is the heat from cores desolders itself from the board. Heating it with a heat gun can re attach it. Depending on the fix it could be a short fix until the pins come loose again or a longer fix until the cores heat themselves enough to pull loose again.

valest

Mar 28, 2011
Guangzhou,cn
I fixed mine with similar method, just:
1.take the device apart
2.remove the metal casing and blow the CPU with a hair dryer for 10 minutes
3.turn off the hair dryer and put some pressure on the CPU with tweezers, don't push too hard
4.after the CPU is cooled down, place a thin thermal pad to the CPU and put the metal casing back to where it belongs
5.assemble your device

gazoox

Apr 3, 2011
Cooling down works for some minute. Warming I did not try (yet).

Putting something in between to increase physical pressure to chip from top reminds me on S4 hack to put a foam in betweek SIM Card circuit board connector to prevent sudden cellular disconnect. :p

adn.miz

Dec 16, 2016
I want to ask the people who used this method that is your g4 still working after trying this fix? i was hit by the bootloop method and going to LG is not an option for me so i have to take a shot at fixing it myself . Should i go for it ? P.s 4 core fix isn't for me as i have Lg g4 H810 on MM.Please any help would be much appreciated

SillyBearito

Nov 20, 2013
Wow!! It took me two attempts with the method described in the OP and got the phone to work. The G4 is my friend's phone and he's quite overjoyed that he has a functional phone again.

I blasted the CPU with a hair dryer for 10 mins and only let it cool for 15 mins. I also applied very small pressure to the CPU to try and fuse it back together while it was still hot. Thickened with a folded small piece of paper and voila it worked!

Thanks OP!!

Aelyus

Jul 10, 2011
Let me give you a better solution.

Never again buy garbage products manufactured by a garbace company with garbage soldering quality standards like LG.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks

Sound good, I will really appreciate the video or photos

Please upload the video...

Enviado desde mi SM-G935F mediante Tapatalk
    i do this right now .. but i use a griddle for the clothes, and its working right now the only thing is i use the thermal paste bad, because i have 50°c of temperature :/ .. i will open my g4 again

---------- Post added at 09:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

use that a iron for clothes and it will work, i dont know for about how much time .. but it works