[ROM] OaT's Light n Tasty: DISCONTINUED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

mountaindewmi

May 17, 2010
Miami, FL
I just tried it and it seems to take less than a minute. I haven't flashed anything over it except that wakelock patch by jcsullins. You can also try turning airplane mode on and off, then try wifi again.

Last edited:

nikeman513

Apr 8, 2011
Does the new JB ROM have hw acceleration?

P.S. I don't think there's a link posted. Thanks! Keep it up!

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using xda app-developers app

Last edited:
S

-SGA-

It says 8/1x... that could go all the way to 8/19!

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda premium

lepa71

Aug 25, 2010
Minneapolis
@OaT

I hope you have seen this?
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=29998484&postcount=3130

And there seems to be an update for Google now as well.

Question 4 Oat. When I installed you gapps with Google now instead of usual mini-gaps , I was getting a bad battery life. I looked and it was mapps were killing the battery. I uninstalled mapps and it seems to helped a lot. Is this the reason you came up with your mini-gapps? What other apps did you take out?

Thanks

O.a.T.

Jul 12, 2009
where is the link for oat cm10 pre alpha ?

It says 8/1x... that could go all the way to 8/19!

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda premium

I'm monitoring the commits and 'near commits' to the CM10 repo. In particular there is a lot of activity around audio. Don't know for sure if that will fix lack of sound in our TPads, but one can always hope. Anyway, the CM10 and JB Gapps links will be up NLT 08/12.

Last edited:

O.a.T.

Jul 12, 2009
@OaT

I hope you have seen this?
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=29998484&postcount=3130

And there seems to be an update for Google now as well.

Question 4 Oat. When I installed you gapps with Google now instead of usual mini-gaps , I was getting a bad battery life. I looked and it was mapps were killing the battery. I uninstalled mapps and it seems to helped a lot. Is this the reason you came up with your mini-gapps? What other apps did you take out?

Thanks

Yup, I've seen the above. I don't have it in the 07/29 LnT's as it was posted on 08/06. Mostly, LnT gapps is missing apps I don't use, can get on the market, or are redundant with CM9. You can double click on LnT gapps and the standard gapps and see what I've taken out, including some libraries, tts language dictionaries, etc.

Delvien

Jan 25, 2009
Columbus
The op says there is a download link for the cm10 build, but no link exists.

This made me sad

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

chicle_11

Jan 24, 2011
Miami, Florida
The op says there is a download link for the cm10 build, but no link exists.

This made me sad

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

A quote from OaT: I'm monitoring the commits and 'near commits' to the CM10 repo. In particular there is a lot of activity around audio. Don't know for sure if that will fix lack of sound in our TPads, but one can always hope. Anyway, the CM10 and JB Gapps links will be up NLT 08/12.

sixstrings78

May 11, 2009
Is anyone getting random reboots with the 7/29 cm9 rom? I've noticed that when the tab sleeps that within 5secs its rebooting. Any soultions? Still loving the rom tho.

Is anyone getting random reboots with the 7/29 cm9 rom? I've noticed that when the tab sleeps that within 5secs its rebooting. Any soultions? Still loving the rom tho.

I noticed this when I forgot to flash the 4/29 GApps zip (first post). I would clear system cache, dalvik cache and then re-flash the zip and then before rebooting flash the 4/29 Gapps.

chaudha4@hotmail.com

Feb 28, 2011
Is anyone seeing this problem. I did a clean install (wipe data/cache/system/dalvik etc before new install). When I try to enable wifi, it stays stuck with the message "enabling wifi". I re-flashed a few times and every time I run into this problem. I tried this with both version of the ROM ( beats version and regular). If I go back to AOKP ROM, wifi works fine. I don't know what I am doing wrong. Any suggestions ?

Okay, None of the suggestions worked. I did a complete wipe using web doctor, installed everything (moboot, recovery etc) using acmeinstaller and now wifi works. Spent almost whole day doing this. Don't know what was wrong but now wifi is getting enabled and works fine !!

Reactions: detdett

sixstrings78

May 11, 2009
I noticed this when I forgot to flash the 4/29 GApps zip (first post). I would clear system cache, dalvik cache and then re-flash the zip and then before rebooting flash the 4/29 Gapps.

I flashed the gaaps when i installed the rom. Its just weird being that ive never experienced this with any of Oats roms. But thanks for the response.

Sent from my DROID SPYDER MAXX!!

I flashed the gaaps when i installed the rom. Its just weird being that ive never experienced this with any of Oats roms. But thanks for the response.

Sent from my DROID SPYDER MAXX!!

I would check the MD5's and if correct do it again as I've described. This has happened to me before. Maybe forgetting to flash the GApps isn't the only way for this behavior to surface.

Oh, and go ahead and hit the thanks. ;) This gig don't pay.

Hope it helps.

nikos5800

Nov 30, 2010
I am downloading :)
Thank you for this rom

---------- Post added at 08:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 PM ----------

I think the new adreno drivers help a lot if you comparison with the JC sullins build :)

---------- Post added at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 PM ----------

Wow HD YouTube working without sound! Its that mean hardware acceleration working?
Edit:confirmed hardware acceleration working both on YouTube and MX player! Thank you o.a.t you are the best

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Background
    As a bit of background, I publicly posted ROMs on PPCGeeks for the HTC Touch w/WinMo several years ago. Since then, I continue to develop ROMs primarily for family and friends on the EVO4G, LG Optimus, Acer A500, and of course the HP TouchPad. After an initial testing period by a group of volunteers here at XDA (thank you, thank you, thank you), I have decided to publicly release this ROM. I hope you enjoy it.

Philosophy and Acknowledgements
    My emphasis has always been on a very light and fast ROM that leaves plenty of room for one's own apps and customizations. My HP TouchPad ROM is based on a very stripped down KANG of the latest CM9 version (big thanks to Dalingrin, JCSullins, and all the other TPad devs that have brought this capability to us) that supports HW Video (meaning Netflix and HD YouTube) and all the other goodies you have come to know and love.

In addition there are also a few other treats thrown in, primarily,
    • the recently released QualComm adreno 2xx drivers,
    • the init.d tweaks published by Rohan,
    • the new ath6kl wifi drivers being incorporated into the 3.0 kernel,
    • the new HD Tablet launcher by the "Go" folks.

Big thanks to all the folks associated with these for their generosity in publicly providing these tweaks. Finally, I also employ a very stripped down version of the latest version of GApps that I will also link to. You can use the full version of GApps found elsewhere, but that will then somewhat defeat the intent of this ROM. The attached pics will give you some idea of what to expect. The benchmarks are all "typical" of the results I get on a non-overclocked CPU running at ~1.2GHz.

Updates
    In terms of updates, I actually build the ROM and the kernel almost on a daily basis so my older AMD quadcore isn't tortured with having to handle an extraordinary number of new commits. But that doesn't mean I flash almost daily. It all depends on what looks significant, if I really want to try something new, or if I'm just bored :eek:. You can find out what's new in the below "News" section of this OP to find out what's the latest on my front.

Flashing and .apk's
    Of course, all the standard cautions about doing the necessary backups (nandroids, titanium, or my backup) and the requirement for a complete set of wipes/formats (data, cache, system, dalvik) apply. Actually, I only find it necessary to wipe cache and dalvik between flashes of my own ROM. I also flash Gapps anew after each ROM flash. If you like experimenting with the other available ROMs, I advise a complete set of wipes and formats. And of course, you are flashing at your own risk.

Any .apk's included below need to be placed in the system/app directory with a rooted file manager, e.g. es file explorer, ensuring the permissions are the same as other .apk's in that directory, followed by a reboot. Unless, otherwise noted.

News
    08/30/12
    • DISCONTINUED

Links
    OaT's "Light n Tasty" GApps:

OaT's "Light n Tasty" ROMs:
    Plan on posting "final" CM9-based LnT this weekend, including a new BEATS audio and a few other ROM refinements, this weekend. Then I'm just going to hunker down and try working with CM10. We'll see how that goes. :confused:
    JB & LnT Update (as I currently see it)

First, I am seeing a lot of activity on the repo as the JB packages are even now being readied and moved into the new tree. The process, I believe, is to "finish" up CM9 with a stable RC2 then fully concentrate on CM10. Since CM10 is a "minor" update (4.0.4 ->> 4.1.1) CM9 will ultimately be abandoned with only CM7 (Gingerbread - 2.X) and CM10 (4.x) being maintained (Honeycomb - 3.X was never publicly released). I don't know how long this will take; could be anywhere from a few weeks to several months, but it has been said that any device that was supported on CM9 will be supported on CM10. Of course, a lot of that will depend on the developers who have specifically contributed to the TPad to rebase their work as necessary.

In terms of updates to LnT, I'm planning one more update sometime this month and then I'll hunker down and wait for JB, as I'm guessing there will only be minor improvements to the current state. Of course, should something major/interesting show up (e.g. the camera) or I get bored :silly:, I will adapt. Finally, I've decided to not go the direct AOSP JB route and just wait for CM JB.

Bottom line, because of the quality of the Touch Pad developers, I firmly believe our lowly TPs will be one of the early recipients of a sleek new JB including some interesting capabilities, e.g. Google Now.
    LnT JB Posted Including LnT JB Gapps

Please read updated News section in OP. Links located in OP.
    When you compile?! The cm10 source are you going to release public? Or you wait jcsullins to released first?

I'll release when it's, IMO, daily-driver quality. That doesn't mean it will be completely bug free, but it must be useable for all basic tasks including browsing, email, music, video, and many of my "critical" apps.