Android 9.0 uses xposed solutions

Search This thread

Ænimal

Oct 9, 2013
After updating I get "Framework is installed but not active" error, it is active and modules are working.
In the description of the update written :"Hotfix: Disable minify to fix not active", but I can't find this option.
Can someone explain to me how to disable it?

It's disabled by default, there's no option afaik.
Have you tried a clean install?

PerfectJam

Jan 11, 2013

Ænimal

Oct 9, 2013
Hello there,

I tried to install it on my Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact (I want installe XPrivacyLUA) following this tutorial and it failed. I succesfully installed Riru Core from Magisk, but after installing EdXposed, I get a bootloop

I used : magisk-EdXposed-SandHook-v0.4.6.0_beta.4471.-release.zip and i didn't try magisk-EdXposed-YAHFA-v0.4.6.0_beta.4471.-release.zip
Which is the difference between those two by the way ?

Do you have any idea about my problem please ? :eek:
Most likely your problem is sepolicy-related as well as it has been for many others (can't say for sure cause I don't know what Magisk version you're on).

Since you're planning to use XprivacyLua, you're better of with YAHFA. If you're using official Magisk 20.3 I'd suggest you try this Edxposed canary release, which should be working fine:
https://ci.appveyor.com/api/buildjo...ed-YAHFA-v0.4.6.1 (4497)-selhygwy-release.zip

PerfectJam

Jan 11, 2013
Most likely your problem is sepolicy-related as well as it has been for many others (can't say for sure cause I don't know what Magisk version you're on).

Since you're planning to use XprivacyLua, you're better of with YAHFA. If you're using official Magisk 20.3 I'd suggest you try this Edxposed canary release, which should be working fine:
https://ci.appveyor.com/api/buildjo...ed-YAHFA-v0.4.6.1 (4497)-selhygwy-release.zip

Thanks for your quick answer !

I'm currently using Magisk 20.3 indeed. I'll give a shot this week. If I get a bootloop again, I'll try to uninstall EdXposed from TWRP I guess.

Thanks again !

pep086

Nov 28, 2012
Canary 4497 yahfa works on Android 10 / s10 /magisk 20.2
The only issue is greenify stopped working xd

Reactions: tomaasz
After clean install everything works fine.
Thanks.

Edition:

After I rebooted 3 times my device the problem appeared other time, still get "Framework is installed but not activated " warning .
I had this same things happen to me when installing on an old Galaxy Tab A, here's a little it of BG:

-Tab A was official with Android N 7.1.1
- ODIN flashed TWRP 3.2.1-0 lineage relase from the 15.1 thread
-first, flashed magisk 20.3 on stock rom to make sure it was going to work on my base version
- I found a TW-based ROM (Tab A is Samsung after all) that was 7.1.1 but the WiFi didn't work and I wasn't interested in spending much time on a Nougat based ROM, so I immediately went back to TWRP and flashed LineageOS 16.0 Pie based ROM (on top of my 7.1 baseband/bootloader) after a full wipe, ofc, and everything went very nicely, flashed Magisk right behind it for root, and then went searching for a solution for Xposed...I have been pretty out of the loop since Marshmallow, so I was totally unfamiliar with the current state of Xposed and the methods currently being employed to use it, so
- installed riru-core 19.6
- installed EdXposed .4.5.1 YAHFA <- This produced the same issue, Installed but not active, so

- installed EdXposed .4.6.1 YAHFA <- This produced a bootloop that starts to load Android then loops back to TWRP

- installed EdXposed .4.5.1 YAHFA AGAIN <- This time I got a freeze at Samsung logo initially then after a hard reboot Android booted and the framework is activated and has been activated after each subsequent reboot since. WHY this is the case, I cannot begin to explain, but after initially NOT being activated, after dirty flashing to .4.6.1 and back, it is now activated.
- I now am able to download and install any modules I like without issue.

I don't know if something here will help, but this is the process I took to reach a working active state on .4.5.1-beta with Magisk 20.3 on the Pie version of LineageOS 16.0....

Hope something here help!

EDIT: Note that the device does NOT pass SafetyNet checks....it initially did when I first got .4.5.1 activated, but I think it may be the addition of riru-core that for some reason broke SafetyNet. Although I cannot confirm this.

Last edited:

enetec

May 30, 2014
Italians do it better... ;)
Weird behaviour with my Motos...

I'll try to make it simple...

I own two identical Moto Z2 Force German dual SIM version RetEU.
Both have been produced in 2017 and have same P/N.

Both have been manually updated by me with a flashall to same version of Android Pie (same files flashed) and factory reset.

Both have same (latest...) official TWRP installed.

Both have:
- Magisk v.20.3 (20300) official version
- Magisk Manager v.7.5.1 (267)(7)
- Riru core v. 19.7 (but with 19.6 was the same...)
- EDXposed Manager v.4.5.4 (45401)

Now the interesting part...

First one (let's call it TheGood) works fine with EdXposed v.0.4.6.1 YAHFA with no issue at all... (Safety net pass, Google Pay and others works fine, modules work, etc...).

Second one (let's call it TheBad) refuses to boot with *every* version of EdXposed greater than v.0.4.5.5 (4470).

I've doublechecked all files used and they are exactly the same in version and subversion. So the apk settings in Magisk & EdXposed Manager.

I've even tried to use Magisk Custom Sepolicy Installer for EdXposed flashed even before and after of any EdXposed v.0.4.6.x. No way.

Tried Canary & Snapchat versions (a LOT of them...). No way.
As soon as I reflash a v.0.4.5.x it boots again...

Is surely a Sepolicy issue but....

Any ideas?!?

I'll try to make it simple...

I own two identical Moto Z2 Force German dual SIM version RetEU.
Both have been produced in 2017 and have same P/N.

Both have been manually updated by me with a flashall to same version of Android Pie (same files flashed) and factory reset.

Both have same (latest...) official TWRP installed.

Both have:
- Magisk v.20.3 (20300) official version
- Magisk Manager v.7.5.1 (267)(7)
- Riru core v. 19.7 (but with 19.6 was the same...)
- EDXposed Manager v.4.5.4 (45401)

Now the interesting part...

First one (let's call it TheGood) works fine with EdXposed v.0.4.6.1 YAHFA with no issue at all... (Safety net pass, Google Pay and others works fine, modules work, etc...).

Second one (let's call it TheBad) refuses to boot with *every* version of EdXposed greater than v.0.4.5.5 (4470).

I've doublechecked all files used and they are exactly the same in version and subversion. So the apk settings in Magisk & EdXposed Manager.

I've even tried to use Magisk Custom Sepolicy Installer for EdXposed flashed even before and after of any EdXposed v.0.4.6.x. No way.

Tried Canary & Snapchat versions (a LOT of them...). No way.
As soon as I reflash a v.0.4.5.x it boots again...

Is surely a Sepolicy issue but....

Any ideas?!?

Keep EdXposed Manager 4.5.4

Stay on official Magisk 20.1 + EdXposed 0.4.5.1_beta

Or go to both official Magisk 20.3 + EdXposed 0.4.6.1 (canary)

Or wait for new EdXposed Magisk module beta be released on Magisk download section + current Magisk.

Besides that, be sure that there's no garbage left from previous installs. Uninstall all Riru/EdXposed and then run the corresponding Magisk Uninstaller for the installed Magisk version. Then start over.

enetec

May 30, 2014
Or go to both official Magisk 20.3 + EdXposed 0.4.6.1 (canary)
Thiis was my idea... BUT on TheBad... no boot!

Or wait for new EdXposed Magisk module beta be released on Magisk download section + current Magisk.
Probably...

Besides that, be sure that there's no garbage left from previous installs. Uninstall all Riru/EdXposed and then run the corresponding Magisk Uninstaller for the installed Magisk version. Then start over.
But both come from a fresh install... TheBad hanged on boot as soon as I installed EdXposed (v.0.4.6.1) first time at all... Only after some time I understood it would work with v.0.4.5.x only....

But Magisk v.20.3 shouldn't work with every v.0.4.6.x with no SePolicy issue anymore?!? :confused:

enetec

May 30, 2014
Some more infos about TheGood & TheBad...

Looking @ Magisk logs I've found this error when I try to boot first time with an EdXposed v.0.4.6.x on TheBad:

01-01 00:22:14.752 988 989 E Magisk : mkdirs /sbin/.magisk/mirror/persist/magisk/riru_edxposed failed with 28: No space left on device

and in fact on TheGood I've a folder riru_edxposed which contains a file called sepolicy.rule

On TheBad under /sbin/.magisk/mirror/persist I've no magisk folder at all!!
(and I'm unable to create it with system running apparently...)

I've re-installed Magisk but the situation is the same.

i've checked /data & /persist with e2fschk in TWRP shell and they are both OK...

I think that edxposed v.0.4.5.x work because they don't use/need that sepolicy file... v.0.4.6.x at the contrary hang because of the lack of needed sepolicy settings...

Any ideas?

---------- Post added at 12:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 AM ----------

Solved!!!

Tweaking a bit with terminal I've tried to create missing folders with system running...

mkdir reported a disk full error... :confused:

I've checked folder size of persist on both phones and on TheGood it was even a little bigger... BUT I decided to believe in what command reported and looked in all folders for something to delete safely...

On /persist/cache/recovery I've found some TWRP logs and I decided to remove one... :p

Then I tried to install a v.0.4.6.1 edxposed directly in Magisk Manager and even before boot, the needed policy file was in place!!

Rebooted and it loaded without bootloop to system this time!!! :good: :laugh:

I think anyway that there are two/three issues:
1) TWRP logs are really too large for /persist size of my device and could lead to many potential issues :rolleyes:
2) edxposed setup doesn't check for errors and doesn't report any visible error to user when it's unable to place needed files.... :(
3) Moto flashall send commands to flash persist and to delete cache... BUT I've found OLD TWRP logs, well older than my last flashall... :confused:

Last edited:
Reactions: firefds

RafisR

Mar 2, 2019
Hi to all. My phone is xiaomi redmi 3s. I have lineage os microg. I usually turn on my flashlight in system tiles. After installing edexposed through magisk, my flashlight button become disabled. Also I tried to install flashlight applications, they can't see flashlight and doesn't work. But if I install camera with flashlight, this camera's flashlight works fine.
What should I do?

xerves78

Dec 6, 2015
NRW
v0.4.6.1 doesnt work, both yahfa and sandhook
no rom booting, freeze, see only the s8 plus boot image

try dirty install over old release and clean install

spawnlives

Jan 27, 2018
Samsung Galaxy S8
Samsung Galaxy S9
v0.4.6.1 doesnt work, both yahfa and sandhook
no rom booting, freeze, see only the s8 plus boot image

try dirty install over old release and clean install

Working on my S8
Had stock rom ( ver 9 ) latest magisk ( stable ) with latest riu core and 0.4.5.1 ( yahfa ) with iinstaller app.
My process was:
Uninstall installer app install latest manager app.
Reboot - check modules are activated - reboot.
Download latest edxposed from magisk ( yahfa ) - had minor issues flashing through twrp ( dirty flash over previous version ).
Reboot, all ok.

Maybe new a bit more info on startup. Maybe try clearing davik/cache.

Top Liked Posts