Votes: 301 6.8%
  • I dont know how to change themes

Votes: 2,363 53.4%

• Total voters
Search This thread

speoples20

Jun 10, 2007
Request for themes

I'm really liking the fact that there are so many themes coming out for Android. I would like to ask a favor of the theme builders though. Would it be possible to build in the browser apk with auto rotate in it?

Dave Da illest 1

Dec 21, 2008
New York City
For the update-script...to do it in windows.. you have to use wordpad and not notepad.. I have no clue why notepad can't do it..nor am I even gonna find out why if I found the soloution lol

RandumAccess

Jan 4, 2009
did you sign each of the edited apk's? and your update.zip file?

OMG i feel like an idiot now.... lol
I got it done with everyones input.. thanks to everyone that helped me and gave advice... now i can start building the themes i need... after that i just need to learn how to change the ccd android animation...
but lets work with one thing at a time...lol

Thanks Again for all the help!:D

MarysvilleMojo

Oct 25, 2007
Seattle, WA
Request for theme

I know how people love to hear requests. so I figured I'd give it a go. I really love the Red Shift theme for firefox and would love to see a similar color scheme for the G1! here's a screen shot. I think it would be a very popular theme. It's very clean and simple.

redshift.jpg

Last edited:

mannyb

Dec 31, 2008
Idea for a theme. Opinions? [Mockup Inside]

Hey all. For a while now I've had a rough idea for a theme (that I would like), but I still haven't received my ADP1 (I ordered it from Google/Brightstar two weeks ago) so I can't really try my ideas out "for real". Not sure it's possible to theme the Android emulator?

To be honest I'm not sure I could do it anyways, seems like a lot of work to get everything working, and I am amazed by the hard work the theme guys at this forum must put in to make everything work.

What I can do, and what I did, is to create the icons and wallpapers and that kind of stuff. So, using that material I thought I'd make a mockup of my "vision" to see what you guys think.. and to possibly pick up a few ideas and pointer from y'all.

Also, if anyone out there with theme skills would like to team up with me, so to speak, I would be more than happy to do part of the graphics (icons, wallpaper, some graphical elements) if you do the rest (i.e. signing the files and making the whole thing work in real life).

Ok, that was a lot of text that I'm sure most of you will never read.. so let's get on with it. Here's my idea for a theme. Thoughts?

androidtheme-mockup.png

doubleokneegro

Jul 29, 2008
Philadelphia
Well I must say this theme is amazing like your creati ity,I make icons n walkpapers too and am making a theme, but I will definitely be using this theme for a while, all we need is a theme switcher

diaztradeinc

Jan 11, 2009
Plainsboro
IPhone theme

Hey i was wondering if someone can make an iphone theme with manups clock and his fingerprint slider. If so that'll be so awsomee. :D

kilo313

Feb 12, 2008
theme request...

i always look for voltron and or transformers themes... i am a big kid

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello, I am a little new here. I am kind of a newb with a lot of things. I did root my device and replaced the boot images.. but i do not know how to make themes. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to help by making a theme for me?

I added some images as to what i am looking to have done, that is of course anyone is willing to help. it is fairly simple i am looking to get the color scheme and kids icons if possible... maybe have a little fun with the clock or not if its too much work.

If anyone could help me out I would appreciate it... i am a graphic designer more than a programmer.. a lot of this is confusing to me.

I really like this site and hopefully i can be of some help at some point. This is my first post but i plan on posting a lot more.
    I would like to change the text color of the popup panel or menu to white.

paneltext.jpg

I have a nexus one, using CM6, and decompiled my framework-res.apk. I found in the Value folder that the styles.xml has the following that is relevant to changing the panel text color. The code:

<item name="panelBackground">@drawable/menu_background</item>
    <item name="panelFullBackground">@drawable/menu_background_fill_parent_width</item>
    <item name="panelColorForeground">?textColorPrimaryInverse</item>
    <item name="panelColorBackground">#ffffffff</item>
    <item name="panelTextAppearance">?textAppearanceInverse</item>

I did several things but the text is still black.

1)I removed "Inverse",
    2)changed the "panelColorBackground" to #ff000000 and, left "panelColorForeground" "panelTextAppearance" alone.
    3)removed "Inverse"

Nothing helps. Do you have any idea?

After I changed the styles.xml, I recompiled, copied original AndroidManifest.xml and META-INF folder to the modded framework-res.apk, then pushed. Is any of the following incorrect?

please help

In the styles.xml change:

<style name="TextAppearance.Widget.IconMenu.Item" parent="@style/TextAppearance.Small">
    <item name="textColor">?textColorPrimaryInverse</item>

to

<style name="TextAppearance.Widget.IconMenu.Item" parent="@style/TextAppearance.Small">
    <item name="textColor">@color/bright_foreground_dark</item>
    Nice concept...but I`m not sure if you have looked at this topic http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=467639 It describe how to make a theme and stuff, good starting point anyways. Hope it helps!
    @brandenk

why do we need to zip the files in linux? By the way thanks for the theming for dummies guide. ;)

I don't know why, something about how linux packages zip files opposed to windows, and yes once I figure it out and find all the problems people can have I am going to make up a nice walkthrough on making themes. But I wouldn't be surprised if there were already some theme manager apps in the works to make this whole process easier.
    Im teaching myself how to make themes as well. I have found it best to read through that walkthrough a million times and then PM a couple of the dev guys to answer specific questions.

Basically this is the process:

- Take a theme that you like for RC30 or ADP1 or whatever you wanna make it in

- Extract 2 folders inside, app, and framework into a new folder on your computer

- Rename add a .zip to the end of the apk files and extract them all so you have a bunch of folders with your app names

- Go into res and find any folder that says drawable and inside of there are the files to edit for your theme. Make sure not to edit the .9.png files.

- Once all your editing is done get into linux and turn all the folders back into zip files, then turn them back into apk files.

- Then take your app folder and framework folder that contain the new files and in linux create it into one zip file.

- Then you send the file back to windows, get the SignAPK files, put your zip in the folder with the SignAPK files and run some commands in the CMD to resign the file.

- Then rename that file update.zip and put it on the SDcard and give it a whirl.

This is how I understand the process after talking to a couple people for the last few days. I am hoping to release my own theme soon and if it works you will know that these steps are right. LOL And dont follow those directions, they are just to give you an idea of the steps involved.