[DISCUSSION][REVIEWS] Consolidated App Reviews, Recommendations & Discussions Thread

Search This thread

Ronaldi3

Mar 23, 2017
hello

I love the old school video game emulators. With that said, fpse is boss. Wish someone could do a ps emulator.. also why doesnt the tw weather widget work in any other launcher? The AccuWeather one that is.:):):)

StefanBuljic

Nov 29, 2016
Subotica
Some old school emulators which already exsiting:
1. Game Boy Advance - GBA Emulator
2. N64 Emulator
3. PPSSPP - PSP Emulator
4. OldBoy - GBC Emulator
5. Nitendo DS - NDS Emulaor

That's it,if I help,hit thanks button :D
Cheers ;)
Hehe

---------- Post added at 09:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 PM ----------

What are the best alternatives for Facebook app nowadays? Something fast, stable, smooth, etc? Nexus 5X user here.

Also, i'd like an email app that:
- shows me the last time it was sync
- allow me set to sync manually
- supports Hotmail and, if possible also GMail
- fast, stable and smooth

Best Regards
Hmm,you can use Facebook Lite,no?
For email best one is Outlook,fast,stable...support gmail,sync

Last edited:

StefanBuljic

Nov 29, 2016
Subotica
Ohh,yes,launchers :D
[My favorites]

1. Nova Launcher [Prime]
2. Apex Launcher
3. Arrow Launcher
4. Google Now Launcher
5. Leena Desktop UI

That's it!
:D

aryan.arora180

Jun 5, 2016
Eagan
well i dont understand why we dont have a app to make slow motion like iphone
If you're using LineageOS or some other variant of it, an option for slow-motion will be there in the camera app only. Simple open the video recording mode, click the hamburger menu and under high-framerate recording pick slow motion 60fps/120fps.

Last edited:
G

GuestK00235

The redesigned emoji in whatsapp are looking more life like... Don't you think?

This is the new Beta version!

Check Attachment!

EDIT - One pic from Samsung Note 8, One from my Core 2 on 5.1.1

Attachments

• IMG-20171004-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20171004-WA0001.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 342
  • Screenshot_2017-10-03-19-56-57.png
    Screenshot_2017-10-03-19-56-57.png
    206.6 KB · Views: 334

htlm

Jun 9, 2017
Hi all.
The apk i use everyday with my Galaxy Mega is "IrPlus". For me is the better remote control apk.

Dec 18, 2017
Google Chrome! Hands down. This is the MOST used application on my Android phone ever! I use the web-browser constantly for research, reading, entertainment (videos occasionally). I even use it for work related activities. Second to perhaps phone calls and texts (primarily work related), but I believe we can disregard those as "apps" to be discussed (basic, plain, functional and needing no improvement; Other than perhaps a better built-in "spam guard?").

The "2nd" runner up app I use would be #AndChat (IRC client that was *very recently* discontinued from Google Play Store). It's equally plain, but supports multiple tabs, SASL, SSL, proxies (if you prefer) and more. I've been fairly inactive on freenode for the past year. I heard AndroIRC's pretty good though! It's latest update makes it 'tolerable.'

The only other major time consuming activity I use on my phone would be the only video game I really play anymore (and after ~3yrs have ALMOST beat); Boom Beach! The graphics are EXCELLENT! I disable audio, obviously. The game-play (free to play at that) is phenomenal.

PS: First post! :)

sattech200

Mar 17, 2014
S.W. Michigan
Route based navigation

Evening Everyone,

I am in need of an app that will navigate a specific route for me. It will have more then 10 stops/waypoints so that rules Google out. I have tried others from market and most of them won't do what I need. The closest one so far is route4me but that is still clunky AND PRICEY.

I've recently became employed at USPS and am learning a ton of routes in my office. It would be so nice if I could program the route in then have it guide me through it. Bonus if I could set the route from the computer and have it downloaded to my phone/Android head unit.

Just wondering if anyone has experience/recomndations with something like this?

gdourado

Jan 4, 2012
Just curious.
With all the flashing of roms, what do you use to transfer your call log, sms messages, app data and such between roms and between phones?

Sent from my Le X821 using Tapatalk

Reactions: CS_HCI

niffcreature

Jun 1, 2009
Anyone know an open source keyboard app that does swype???
Or a guide or APK for TouchPal Keyboard without malware and bloat? It always had the best prediction, I'm so tired of compromise.

I want something with highly customizable prediction and swyping. it seems to me that there must be keyboards that exist with this option, if I have to edit a config file so be it.

Features I want:
swipe backspace to delete whole word (or multiple words like gboard) swift key for some reason does not let you do both this and swype
emoji prediction where you can type "HEART" and get heart as a prediction, not the awkward terrible gboard version.
would LOVE more functionality like the gboard swipe from caps lock!!! this is such a good feature that needs to exist for punctuation and special characters!! I cannot be bothered to long press for something like a question mark.

I would really love to have a keyboard where you can use swype typing with HALF QWERTY layout, and have option to autocorrect based ONLY on the physical distance from the correct letters on the keyboard layout. for example autocorrect "QEST" to "WEST" and NEVER autocorrect something like "PLIES to FLIES". but then, in the prediction/suggestion bar show "FLIES" and other more common spelling mistakes. or some way to customize stuff like this

Clay57

Nov 12, 2020
please is it possible to add second space feature to my infinix phone x572

No, Its not. There isn't any option available in that phone related to second space.

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 PM ----------

MOD EDIT: Spam removed

Last edited by a moderator:

RhymezBoy

Nov 10, 2013
[NEED RECOMMENDATION]
App for extensive notification management. Silent some type of notifications, time notifications for apps, change notification sound/type(important/other) based on the notification type( eg different types of notifications by app)?

Main issues- Silence slack after working hours/easily toggle slack from silent to sound.

Apple Music is triggering notification sound everytime I play/pause, change a song. I'd like to silence it without removing it from important notification category cause when I change it to other I can't see it on the lockscreen.

Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [DISCUSSION][REVIEWS] Consolidated App Reviews, Recommendations & Discussions Thread

Hello Everybody,

In order to attempt to keep this forum neat and tidy the moderation team has decided that 1 standalone thread for discussing the good and bad of all the the apps, modifications, tweaks, and widgets is all we need. So have at it guys and gals! Within this thread review, compare and discuss whatever it is that is interesting you at any given moment. Any new threads on this matter will be closed and directed here. Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.

Remember that most of this will just be a matter of opinion so try your best to respect everyone else’s opinion too!;)

Cheers Mates :victory:
    The Moderation Team

xdalogo-1.png
    Mine is mobil defence saved me more than once when lost phn just log in and track plus I can wipe and lock phn remotely

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    What anti theft app should I buy? Soon I will get my galaxy s4 and ofcourse I want to be a bit more sure about getting it back if it gets stolen. So which do you guys recommend?

Sent from a galaxy far away.
    What anti theft app should I buy? Soon I will get my galaxy s4 and ofcourse I want to be a bit more sure about getting it back if it gets stolen. So which do you guys recommend?

Sent from a galaxy far away.

My favorite is lookout

Sent from my Nexus
    my favorite app is tapatalk. best app for forums :)