Jealous anyone? XD

Search This thread

dandn0ten

Dec 18, 2012
Hungtinton Beach
Well, he can read. You can't. So you should be a little jealous.

3 days, 6 hours screen on time. That is far from "not using your phone"... you can see a good amount of that was Facebook. He is obviously a social person. Also, that app SUCKS battery - even more impressive is the fact the device survived 3 days of standby whilst running that app and having the display on at least 2 hours a day. I would define it as pretty medium/average use. 2 hours a day on your device is pretty intense use and at the very least not anything you described as "barely using it" ...

Never seen an iPhone go 3 days on standby, with that kind of screen on time. Hell, I've honestly rarely seen any newer android devices go that long with that kind of display on time. It is slightly impressive, yes.

i did calls, mails and used texting app because i dont have text plan but all of them are only 2% below and i didnt know that i had to show the rest of them :p

phoenixfriend

Jun 5, 2012
I know theres not a lot of cell and text time but there is quite a bit of streaming video. Netflix. I wont let me put the bigger size in the post.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361543323079.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361543323079.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 185

saseekutz

May 15, 2011
Olathe
3 days is no doubt amazing. You gotta love those stock roms for that battery life. I log around 5 hours screen time on average with very heavy use. I figure as long I can make it from when I awake to when I crash out for the night, mission accomplished

Last edited:

phoenixfriend

Jun 5, 2012
Unless my math is flawed 19 hours and 28 minutes is 1168 minutes. 1168×85%=992.8 minutes. Divide 992.8 by 60 and you get 16.58 hours on screen time. Still using it from this morning.

ionic7

Jan 27, 2010
Unless my math is flawed 19 hours and 28 minutes is 1168 minutes. 1168×85%=992.8 minutes. Divide 992.8 by 60 and you get 16.58 hours on screen time. Still using it from this morning.

that is not how you figure screen on time out at all tip the display bar in that window and it will show you it is only

nemesis93

Mar 15, 2009
Not really sure how you guys are averaging 6 hours screen on time without under clocking nor undervolting.... I'm at 60% with 10hrs off the charger and only 1hr and 55mins screen time..

Sent from my SGH-T889 aka "Galaxy Note 2"

cobraboy85

Aug 25, 2011
Not really sure how you guys are averaging 6 hours screen on time without under clocking nor undervolting....

Sent from my SGH-T889 aka "Galaxy Note 2"

Because like I have been preaching, for a long time now..... Processors nowadays are very efficient. Under volting, shouldn't even be done. It is over rated and very early android behavior. Not needed. The amount of power your display eats absolutely TRUMPS the amount your processor does.

And don't even get me started on "under clocking" its dumb. I can't figure out why somebody would pay for a device like this and want to cripple it in performance.

Reactions: RonnieRuff

nemesis93

Mar 15, 2009
Because like I have been preaching, for a long time now..... Processors nowadays are very efficient. Under volting, shouldn't even be done. It is over rated and very early android behavior. Not needed. The amount of power your display eats absolutely TRUMPS the amount your processor does.

And don't even get me started on "under clocking" its dumb. I can't figure out why somebody would pay for a device like this and want to cripple it in performance.

Like I said... Not really sure how these people are averaging 6hrs screen on time without those two and trust me if you do UV right and under clock you *WILL* see a difference in battery life. Sure, the display eats up the most battery, you can obviously tell in battery stats where the display is what most consumes your battery by a large margin compared to everything else... But, this is only true if the phone is actually being used moderately at the least (3.5hrs screen on time).
And obviously, if you are looking for the best battery life performance will almost always be the tradeoff.

Also, this device was/may be the only phone with a battery capacity of 3100mah while still keeping a very slim profile so opinions should be set aside because they are just that, opinions.

I'm getting about 4-5 hrs screen time MAX on stock settings no under clock nor under volt and auto brightness. That is why I am asking how is 6 hrs an "average".

Sent from my SGH-T889 aka "Galaxy Note 2" running CarbonROM 1.π

Last edited:

cobraboy85

Aug 25, 2011
Like I said... Not really sure how these people are averaging 6hrs screen on time without those two and trust me if you do UV right and under clock you *WILL* see a difference in battery life. Sure, the display eats up the most battery, you can obviously tell in battery stats where the display is what most consumes your battery by a large margin compared to everything else... But, this is only true if the phone is actually being used moderately at the least (3.5hrs screen on time).
And obviously, if you are looking for the best battery life performance will almost always be the tradeoff.

Also, this device was/may be the only phone with a battery capacity of 3100mah while still keeping a very slim profile so opinions should be set aside because they are just that, opinions.

I'm getting about 4-5 hrs screen time MAX on stock settings no under clock nor under volt and auto brightness. That is why I am asking how is 6 hrs an "average".

Sent from my SGH-T889 aka "Galaxy Note 2" running CarbonROM 1.π

Obviously the user experience you are creating on your device is different from others. There are so many variables to battery life I could write an essay on it. But I'd rather not.

I don't even use auto brightness... my slider is about 45% over and I just hit the 4.5 hour mark with 38% left.

phoenixfriend

Jun 5, 2012
Tip the display and it will show what? I can very well see it now. If the display accounted for 85% of battery usage how was my math wrong? Its an all stock phone. Not even rooted. I use it for streaming netflix and browsing internet. Please explain to me the proper way to calculate on screen time.

cobraboy85

Aug 25, 2011
Tip the display and it will show what? I can very well see it now. If the display accounted for 85% of battery usage how was my math wrong? Its an all stock phone. Not even rooted. I use it for streaming netflix and browsing internet. Please explain to me the proper way to calculate on screen time.

There are some important variables missing in your little math equation my friend. The most important of which would probably be things like display brightness... which has a huge effect on percentages reflected and recorded in your batterystats.bin file...

Here is a hypothetical to think about....

You charge your device entirely.... it sits on standby for 3 days without being used or touched. It drains on standby to 20%...

You then pick it up and you use it for an hour until it dies with it at 45% brightness (just an example, totally irrelevant number to this equation)... right before it dies your battery stats read something like this...

Display 23% or something like that
The rest is irrelevant.. that number is what is confusing you...

Does 23% mean you had the display on for 15 hours for that 72 hour time frame? Of course not. Because output of power effects how long the display will be able stay on.

Like your car gets 25 miles per gallon right? Unless you drive around town in 1st gear every where you go, wasting fuel and running the engine at redline.

I don't quite understand how this concept is so confusing.

Your math was perfectly correct. But you aren't in the right class. This is physics, not just math. Lol

Last edited:

ionic7

Jan 27, 2010
There are some important variables missing in your little math equation my friend. The most important of which would probably be things like display brightness... which has a huge effect on percentages reflected and recorded in your batterystats.bin file...

Here is a hypothetical to think about....

You charge your device entirely.... it sits on standby for 3 days without being used or touched. It drains on standby to 20%...

You then pick it up and you use it for an hour until it dies with it at 45% brightness (just an example, totally irrelevant number to this equation)... right before it dies your battery stats read something like this...

Display 23% or something like that
The rest is irrelevant.. that number is what is confusing you...

Does 23% mean you had the display on for 15 hours for that 72 hour time frame? Of course not. Because output of power effects how long the display will be able stay on.

Like your car gets 25 miles per gallon right? Unless you drive around town in 1st gear every where you go, wasting fuel and running the engine at redline.

I don't quite understand how this concept is so confusing.

Your math was perfectly correct. But you aren't in the right class. This is physics, not just math. Lol

^^^^nothing to understand half the people on here have no clue what they are talking about now

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Ummm... The phone sleeping or idling doesnt mean anything, anyone can get a couple days like that.... its on time (being used) that counts

Not jealous
    I just need my phone to last all day with all the features. This phone does it. No need for 3 days without being able to use the features.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

nope, I'm not jealous....I can see you don't use your phone for basically nothing but facebook. seriously? not even phone calls in 3 days!!?? seriously? ahaha and you're gonna brag about that?:eek:

the most I get is a little bit less than a day and a half. i'm mostly constantly on my phone, talking, txting, web, wireless streaming (dlna) when I'm home. I mean I use my phone....not just for facebook.
    So in 3 days you barley used your phone and brag about battery whoaaaa all ypu showed is you literally have no one to talk to

Not jealous of the lonely person

6 hours screen on is average.....most people get that just in shorter periods not streching six hours over 72 most people actually use their phone