*TrackMe* GPS/CellID Tracking tool for Google Earth & Google Maps

Search This thread

_LEM_

Mar 17, 2006
luisespinosa.com
uhmm.. I haven't seen that before... Try to uninstall the program.
After that, go to the folder Program Files\TrackMe and delete whatever is left there. Install it again and see what happens.

taiseer999

Jan 3, 2005
Last edited:

Jewcookie

Nov 25, 2005
Flevoland
Updates...

I'm working on a new version that lets you to choose if you want to store your data in a local file or on a remote server.

Also, when you generate KML files you will be able to choose where you want it. (local or remote). So even if you all your data is stored locally, you will be able to place the KML file on a remote server.

By the way.... how do you guys think I should call the data that I get from the GPS? My English is not great and I want to name it in such a way that can be understood by anybody.

Locations? Points? Positions? Fixes?

Thanks

You're doing a great job man. Waiting for the server thingy so i can put it on my server 2. But I'm a server noob so hope it comes with a clear readme ;)
About the position name, I think you should name it GPS positions. Is best to understand for most people I think.

powerppc

Aug 7, 2004
Diamond Bar
www.powercx.com
Staryon,

Could you put an option to auto start the search of satellite. So when I start the program, i don't have to click on the start button. :)

Thanks.

I tried the automatic gps turn on/off after each download. It works fine if it's more than 10 seconds of upload time, but when I set it to 10s, it seems like the GPS is refreshing too much, looks like it's working too hard. No big deal, but maybe the automatic gps turn on/off shouldn't be enabled if the user chooses 10s? Just a suggestion.

Also, aren't you getting too much ping when the upload is 10s? I use 10s while using the program Reperion, but I know Reperion is for industrial use and they get a lot of hits with no or little effect on their server.

_LEM_

Mar 17, 2006
luisespinosa.com

_LEM_

Mar 17, 2006
luisespinosa.com
Staryon,

Could you put an option to auto start the search of satellite. So when I start the program, i don't have to click on the start button. :)

Not a problem.

I tried the automatic gps turn on/off after each download. It works fine if it's more than 10 seconds of upload time, but when I set it to 10s, it seems like the GPS is refreshing too much, looks like it's working too hard. No big deal, but maybe the automatic gps turn on/off shouldn't be enabled if the user chooses 10s? Just a suggestion.

Also, aren't you getting too much ping when the upload is 10s? I use 10s while using the program Reperion, but I know Reperion is for industrial use and they get a lot of hits with no or little effect on their server.

I don't think it's worth it to turn off/on the GPS every 10s. Keep in mind that when you turn it off, and you turn it on again it will have to get a new fix, and this may take a while. I basically added that option when you plan to upload data like every 30 minutes or even more, so your GPS is not on all the time.

On the other hand,yes, my webserver is kind of slow. Actually I have my connection timeout set to 20s because it fails sometimes.

GpsPasSion

Dec 30, 2004
www.GpsPasSion.com
Nice app, thanks. I've been using FindU/Reperion for years and I don't think it's a fair comparison since the web part of Reperion is much more advanced.

One suggestion, could you add a "forced position" update and display it with a different color in GE ? Would be handy if you're uploading every 30 minutes. Ideally adding a brief comment maybe.

Good idea to turn the GPS on/off, first time I've seen that.

DoughtCom

Sep 29, 2006
Dallas, Texas
I figured I would help out with the project so I made a ASP.Net page that would basically scrape staryon's kml file and then set the mime-type which seemed to help a bit with the google maps. There's still a few errors (something to do with the style) but it at least works in google maps now.

when referencing the kml file in maps.google.com

Put the following in the "Search Map" textbox:
http://www.thedoughtcom.com/trackmehelper/default.aspx?kmlfile=#####.kml

Where ##### is your kml filename setup in the trackme program.

You can also put in the following:
http://www.thedoughtcom.com/trackmehelper/default.aspx?site=#####

Where ##### is your full URL to the kml file.

I tested it a bit this morning and it works like a charm! I take no credit/responsability for this amazing program, just figured I would help until staryon can get google maps working!

Peace
-Shawn

warmkiwi99

Aug 29, 2006
can't get this to work. can you give a real example of the url?

use <username> for the trackme username part

thanks

_LEM_

Mar 17, 2006
luisespinosa.com
I figured I would help out with the project so I made a ASP.Net page that would basically scrape staryon's kml file and then set the mime-type which seemed to help a bit with the google maps. There's still a few errors (something to do with the style) but it at least works in google maps now.

when referencing the kml file in maps.google.com

Put the following in the "Search Map" textbox:
http://www.thedoughtcom.com/trackmehelper/default.aspx?kmlfile=#####.kml

Where ##### is your kml filename setup in the trackme program.

You can also put in the following:
http://www.thedoughtcom.com/trackmehelper/default.aspx?site=#####

Where ##### is your full URL to the kml file.

I tested it a bit this morning and it works like a charm! I take no credit/responsability for this amazing program, just figured I would help until staryon can get google maps working!

Peace
-Shawn

DoughtCom, that's awesome man! thanks a lot for contributing to the program. I will try to fix the mime-type problem that you mention so we make it compatible with Google Maps.

jcleek

Mar 18, 2006
www.mobilegadgetnews.com
Looks like Staryon and DoughtCom need to colaborate a bit and make this app all that it can be. It certainly looks promissing!

Staryon, I don't see a list of To-Do items in your first post. Perhaps you can update it to list the things you want to do to the program so people can help flush out requirements and make suggestions? On a selfish note, things I would love to see:

1) Code for those with hosts to be able to use their own servers - this does several things including reducing your bandwidth which isn't free, and can allow say a company to use it and put all of their employees on one page.

2) Direct update for Google Maps - this provides a completely web driven output so that no software needs to be installed. The Google API can definitely support this as DoughtCom has shown.

You already have an awesome capability, but it can do much more without becoming a bloatware application. Please do continue the development, and consider open sourcing it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    That would be amazing if an android version was produced!

I've been using the windows mobile version on my old phone for a charity bike ride we do across Europe every year, and it really does work a treat! It would be great if I only had to take one phone..

Thanks for your help, and if you need any assistance testing it....

Android version is looking good so far. I have been able to read from the GPS and upload the data to the server.
    Now I need to work in the offline mode, user settings and interface.
    Hopefully I will have something soon!
    ANDROID VERSION NOW AVAILABLE!!

I just published it in the marketplace. Not sure when it will show up.
    I also created a post in the Android forums. Please use that thread from now on.
    Here is the link

I hope people like it...
    Any news about Android version? This is only program that I miss at windows mobile.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

I'm probably getting the phone this week. Hopefully I will start working on it the next one.
    +1 For an Android version.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA App

Well..then I have good news for you! :)

The company that acquired TrackMe for WM has asked me to write a version for Android so I will start working on this in the next few weeks! :cool:

By the way, the interest for the WP7 is growing so I plan to release a new update soon too.
    Hi! Thank you for the new release of W7 App TrackMe. I'm still with my old TP2 phone and use WM 6.5 I think to switch with Android soon, do you plan to make an Android version ?

Have a good day!

JmCourir