Working viper4a with easy steps.

Search This thread

tilak98

May 5, 2015
chennai
STEP 1: Root the phone with the link provided in the op7t forum.Now you have magisk.
STEP 2: Install the SE LINUX SWITCH APP link: https://labs.xda-developers.com/store/app/com.ibuprophen.selinux
STEP 3: change selinux to permissive. now to go settings-battery optimisation-change the selinux app to not optimised.turn off googleplay protect.
STEP 4:now all you need is a modded stock recovery. download it from here. link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1S-1Np5CFx9z98Ntp8vUTWFU1ksqIeBSN/view
STEP 5:now go to fastboot and flash the stock modded recovery. CODE: fastboot flash recovery RECOVERYNAME.zip now you have adb enabled stock recovery.
STEP 6:now boot to stock recovery while connected to pc and type adb devices in cmd. it should go to adb. if yes proceed to next step.
STEP 7:now install viper4fx from magisk. phone will reboot. go into viper4a app and install drivers. it will go to fastboot ofcourse.
STEP 8: boot to recovery from fastboot. then just type in the following commands/

1. adb shell
2. cd data
3. cd adb
4. cd modules
5. cd ViPER4AndroidFX
6. rm post-fs-data.sh
7. exit
STEP 8: phone will now boot. again go to viper4a app and install drivers and repeat step 8 again.
VOILA now you have viper fully working on our beloved op7t.
NOTE: disable bluetooth absolute volume for bluetooth to work in v4a.

Dont try installing viper in 10.3.1. you will be stuck in fastboot. so instead download 10.3.0 fastboot image and flash it. then follow the above steps and update the phone by the following.
- Update the Rom WITHOUT REBOOT;
- Open Magisk Manager;
- In Magisk Manager, click on Install/Install/Direct Install;
- Again in Magisk Manager, click on Install/Install/Inactive Slot;
- Reboot. Root, viper and all the magisk modules will be retained. Give a thumbsup :)

Last edited:

tilak98

May 5, 2015
chennai

perfectly working in mine.
LB1wThd.jpg
mv5kW85.jpg
1l2GFKe.jpg

Reactions: AboNaya

chwads2k8

Oct 7, 2009
i tired it says no such file or directory on rm command
had to load app and install driver first

Last edited:

AboNaya

Mar 23, 2014
I got to step five say

C:\adb>adb shell
error: device not found

Last edited:

AboNaya

Mar 23, 2014
Why would you type adb shell in fastboot?
Read the instructions again

Sent from my OnePlus7TPro using XDA Labs

C:\Users\MY>adb shell
OnePlus7T:/ $ cd data
cd data
OnePlus7T:/data $ cd adb
cd adb
/system/bin/sh: cd: /data/adb: Permission denied

Thank you very much for responding to me. I have taken the steps back to step 8 and the phone, of course, does not start the problem now, it is as follows :confused: What is the solution to overcoming this problem, please, I am a fan of this program and after moving to OnePlus SevenT I could not run it for more than ten to twenty attempts

grandpajiver

Sep 3, 2013
Milwaukee
Google Pixel 7
cd data
cd adb

Thank you very much for responding to me. I have taken the steps back to step 8 and the phone, of course, does not start the problem now, it is as follows :confused: What is the solution to overcoming this problem, please, I am a fan of this program and after moving to OnePlus SevenT I could not run it for more than ten to twenty attempts
Ah.

After typing adb shell and your prompt shows:

OnePlus7T:/ $

type: su <press enter>

Prompt should now look like this:

OnePlus7T:/ #

Now you have root access and can cd into /data/adb/.

Reactions: AboNaya

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    STEP 1: Root the phone with the link provided in the op7t forum.Now you have magisk.
    STEP 2: Install the SE LINUX SWITCH APP link: https://labs.xda-developers.com/store/app/com.ibuprophen.selinux
    STEP 3: change selinux to permissive. now to go settings-battery optimisation-change the selinux app to not optimised.turn off googleplay protect.
    STEP 4:now all you need is a modded stock recovery. download it from here. link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1S-1Np5CFx9z98Ntp8vUTWFU1ksqIeBSN/view
    STEP 5:now go to fastboot and flash the stock modded recovery. CODE: fastboot flash recovery RECOVERYNAME.zip now you have adb enabled stock recovery.
    STEP 6:now boot to stock recovery while connected to pc and type adb devices in cmd. it should go to adb. if yes proceed to next step.
    STEP 7:now install viper4fx from magisk. phone will reboot. go into viper4a app and install drivers. it will go to fastboot ofcourse.
    STEP 8: boot to recovery from fastboot. then just type in the following commands/

1. adb shell
    2. cd data
    3. cd adb
    4. cd modules
    5. cd ViPER4AndroidFX
    6. rm post-fs-data.sh
    7. exit
    STEP 8: phone will now boot. again go to viper4a app and install drivers and repeat step 8 again.
    VOILA now you have viper fully working on our beloved op7t.
    NOTE: disable bluetooth absolute volume for bluetooth to work in v4a.

Dont try installing viper in 10.3.1. you will be stuck in fastboot. so instead download 10.3.0 fastboot image and flash it. then follow the above steps and update the phone by the following.
    - Update the Rom WITHOUT REBOOT;
    - Open Magisk Manager;
    - In Magisk Manager, click on Install/Install/Direct Install;
    - Again in Magisk Manager, click on Install/Install/Inactive Slot;
    - Reboot. Root, viper and all the magisk modules will be retained. Give a thumbsup :)
    Worth noting they changed the location of profiles/presets for users running Android 10.

"Release note: Starting from Android 10, external files used by V4A (presets, vdc and irs files) must now be placed in /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.pittvandewitt.viperfx/files/ instead of /ViPER4Android. The folder structure stays the same"

Sent from my OnePlus7TPro using XDA Labs

perfectly working in mine.
    LB1wThd.jpg
    mv5kW85.jpg
    1l2GFKe.jpg
    why do i need always to set os to permissive?
    Permissive sets SELinux to behave in a different way than Enforcing(default), which is required for V4A to work.

As far as technical details, I have no idea.
    cd data
    cd adb

Ah.

After typing adb shell and your prompt shows:

OnePlus7T:/ $

type: su <press enter>

Prompt should now look like this:

OnePlus7T:/ #

Now you have root access and can cd into /data/adb/.