Cyanogen Updater - 5.0 IS HERE!!!

Search This thread

dirkjanneman

Feb 15, 2008
Nice app, but maybe found I an bug.

The situation:

- I installed an theme with CMupdater, when i runned on Cyanogen 4.2.3.
- Cyanogen 4.2.3.1 released, I downloaded and installed it. The theme was gone.
- I start CM updater, press "Themes" and then " Check Now "
- The phone says: checking for updates.
- After 10 a 20 seconds it goes back to roms and says: No updates.
- When i go back to themes, it says again: Check Now.

I can't get the very nice theme back :'(

I have an HTC magic.

Last edited:
G

GuestK00381

Nice app, but maybe found I an bug.

The situation:

- I installed an theme with CMupdater, when i runned on Cyanogen 4.2.3.
- Cyanogen 4.2.3.1 released, I downloaded and installed it. The theme was gone.
- I start CM updater, press "Themes" and then " Check Now "
- The phone says: checking for updates.
- After 10 a 20 seconds it goes back to roms and says: No updates.
- When i go back to themes, it says again: Check Now.

I can't get the very nice theme back :'(

I have an HTC magic.

a thme is always designed for a specific version....the theme developers have to adapt their themes each cm release

badmonopoly

Oct 11, 2009
LOL. "No theme update server configured"

SOB haha. I thought I was going to d/l a theme real fast.

****, I'm the dummy. Have to download the theme list :(

Last edited:

Royalknight6190

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 22, 2009
Chandler
I was just on the updater and there was 2 downloads for CHMRegular 2.7 I downloaded both they are the same thing. I was just wondering is it supposed to be like that or are they supposed to be different.

MasterCLC

May 5, 2009
LOL. "No theme update server configured"

SOB haha. I thought I was going to d/l a theme real fast.

****, I'm the dummy. Have to download the theme list :(

:D

Ok, so I did this, I got some themes installed but now I don't get any themes to download no matter what I do. Similar symptoms to what you described above, but I do have the theme list downloaded/updated.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

-Chad

boricuaace

May 6, 2009
Newbie question...

Hi,

I have a newbie question...if i've never themed my G1 ever before, could I use the updater to download a theme and install it just like that or does it involve me doing other stuff as well. and if i do theme, do i lose any apps on the phone or anything like that? sorry i've search for my questions but didn't come back with good results.

thanks for info,
BoricuaAce

ZilverZurfarn

Feb 11, 2009
Göteborg
Hi,

I have a newbie question...if i've never themed my G1 ever before, could I use the updater to download a theme and install it just like that or does it involve me doing other stuff as well. and if i do theme, do i lose any apps on the phone or anything like that? sorry i've search for my questions but didn't come back with good results.
There's no yes/no answer to your q but:
"Just like that" is up to interpretations, but the CM updater is intended for download and install of both CM ROMs an themes for the rom you have installed. You don't have to do anything the CM Updater doesn't provide.

You shouldn't lose any apps you have installed, but it's up to the theme maker to replace apps with other versions of the same (launcher, browser, Maps & cetera are common targets for this)

Check the theme thread before installing any theme, and don't install theme on theme without going back to stock CM between themes. Different themes replace different parts, and some wont work/will limp if you don't apply them to stock CM

/Mats

ViXXoR

Nov 4, 2009
Sorry if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find it while going back though the old posts.

If I use the updater, will I need to reinstall my apps? Or will everything be just as I left it, simply with the core ROM files updated?

Thanks.

BrooklynAvi

Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 5, 2008
Brooklyn
www.mibapps.com
Thanks

I'd like to extend a big THANK YOU to all who helped create this app. In addition to be an extremely useful product, I have learned so much from reading through the code. So as both a user and a developer, thanks a million. Your work is much appreciated. As someone who learns best by digging through code, I have learned so much from this app. Keep it up.

staunty

Nov 9, 2009
I couldn't install this via apk nor the market? I got an "Insufficient Storage" error from the market and a similar error when I tried to install the .apk. I definitely have sufficient memory...Has anyone else gotten this error? Is there a fix?

boozelclark

Nov 6, 2009
FEATURE REQUEST: Add kernel download

Would it be possible to add the feature to CM updater to download the kernel too so 32A users wouldnt need to manually download it?

garok89

Jun 24, 2009
East Kilbride
hey guys
id like to apologies for not answering your questions
for some reason, xda have stopped sending me emails about threads i am subscribed to so i didnt know you guys were asking
to clear things up - no, you shouldnt lose any apps when updating or installing themes
32A support - it can be done in a way....if the guys who provide the 32A support provide ZIP updates (like cyanogens originals but with the 32A kernel) they can distribute it via the updater if they make their own JSON file and host the files somewhere
tell the guys to contact me if they want more info

its very easy, but im not doing it - i have enough to maintain as it is

jmelinte

Dec 6, 2009
Great app! Thank you so much for the constant updates as well. Unfortunately, it's giving me some trouble. The app works great right after installing. However, once I reboot the phone for any reason, it stops working. Trying to use it at that point causes a crash at the loading screen, saying "The application CM Updater (process cmupdaterapp.ui) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." Subsequent reboots don't help the issue. If I uninstall the app and reinstall it, it works again, but only until the next time I reboot the phone. Any ideas?

G

GuestK00381

Great app! Thank you so much for the constant updates as well. Unfortunately, it's giving me some trouble. The app works great right after installing. However, once I reboot the phone for any reason, it stops working. Trying to use it at that point causes a crash at the loading screen, saying "The application CM Updater (process cmupdaterapp.ui) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." Subsequent reboots don't help the issue. If I uninstall the app and reinstall it, it works again, but only until the next time I reboot the phone. Any ideas?

can you do an
adb logcat
after the crash and post the output here?

(or use the log collector app)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    disconinued long ago - use ROMmanager now
    I had to check for updates 3 times before it found 3.9.8. And, yes, I do have "experimental builds" enabled. :) Just thought you should know...

Thanks for this great app.