[ROM][4.3][CM10.2][HALO]HaloGen 0.9.5 Beta [DAILY DRIVER]

Search This thread

iamsachin

Dec 26, 2008
New Delhi
Hi friends,

Welcome to HaloGen for i9500.
This ROM is a neat and clean CM10.2 with HALO feature from the ParanoidAndroid.

First I would like to thank the people who made this possible:
1) @intervigil and CM team for porting CM10.2 on i9500. Nothing was fated for this device without them.
2) ParanoidAndroid for making the fantastic HALO feature, proving once again that Android has been always about innovation of exciting user friendly features.
3) @Grarak and @doga.ozkaraca for constantly clearing my doubts whenever I had regarding anything.
4) @AndreiLux for his unbeatable Perseus kernel.
5) Samsung, who knows how to make good devices, but being dumbasses for not releasing sources.
6) Many thanks to the works of Cristiano Matos (https://github.com/cristianomatos). All the latest changes are totally derived from his work.
7) Special thanks to @hamdogg for a youtube review and an amazing logo image. Please subscribe his channel as a token of appreciation. :)

HaloGen
This was basically a personal project for me to learn Android OS development. I was fascinated about the HALO feature and so I began implementing it over the always faithful base of CM.

HaloGen sources:
https://github.com/IamSachin/

Disclaimer: I am not responsible if you spoil your device using this. I have tested it on my device and the Known Bugs list is always up to date

Please refer second post for known bugs and changelog.

It's ready for a daily driver. Now I will look into device based stability in device tree.

Video Review:
Youtube Review by hamdogg

Screenshots:
xnh1.png
ctis.png
j1ss.png
qr4u.png
yn4.png
if47.png

cu4y.png

Root Access, Super Su
(Fix is available-http://download.chainfire.eu/345/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.51.zip) Thanks @AL_IRAQI -- CONFIRMED ROOT ACCESS WORKING

Download link : HaloGen 0.9.5
GAPPS : http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20130813-signed.zip

Last edited:

iamsachin

Dec 26, 2008
New Delhi
Changelog

Beta 0.9.5:
1) Updated kernel to 4.3 source
2) Introduced kernel dependencies to fix bootloops. (thanks to intervigil)
3) Updated blobs to 4.3 source
4) Cleanups by intervigil

Beta 0.9:
1) init..rc, fstab, uventd cleanup
2) latest cm commits
3) latest halo commits
4) updated vendor blobs.
5) Moved to intervigil kernel. I will include Perseus kernel by default in future builds. Facing some compiling issues.

Experimental:
Sound changes. Please provide feedback on microphone input during calls.

Known bugs:
Standard Device Tree bugs

Last edited:

iamsachin

Dec 26, 2008
New Delhi
Will it be ok to use it as my daily driver? Or still not stable enough

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4

With the latest intervigil commits, the random reboots are reduced.
HALO is crashing at times when new notifications are formed. I suggest to not use this as daily ROM as of this release version. I'll post when it will ready for daily use.

Reactions: .hackman.

doga.ozkaraca

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 10, 2013
San Francisco, CA
dogaoz.com
Changelog
Alpha Preview 1:
1) Initial Release
2) Basic HALO integration
3) Basic kernel enhancement (thanks to @AndreiLux)
4) All latest intervigil commits.

This is just a preview of features. These bugs are being fixed:
Known Bugs:
1) All standard bugs as mentioned above
2) The SystemUI is crashing at times when new notification is being generated.

Here is the crash report, any help will be thankful:

i think problem is Layout: -30 < 0

layout setted outside of screen :) maybe its causing that problem :)

Reactions: iamsachin

doga.ozkaraca

May 10, 2013
San Francisco, CA
dogaoz.com
Yes, but I am not able to track which function is calling that illegal width. I will soon commit it to my github.

i didnt edit framework source codes before but i build an app. . but probably you have styles.xml or dimens.xml file. find that layout name and edit that :D but i'm not sure . ask that to @Grarak too :D and i can look your codes when you commit to github :D

and Keep up the good work. Rom looks cool nice good:D

iamsachin

Dec 26, 2008
New Delhi
i didnt edit framework source codes before but i build an app. . but probably you have styles.xml or dimens.xml file. find that layout name and edit that :D but i'm not sure . ask that to @Grarak too :D and i can look your codes when you commit to github :D

and Keep up the good work. Rom looks cool nice good:D

I had to do some heavy framework edits here :p. That's why it took 4 days. I will go throught the files once again tomorrow to check the errors. Lets see what @Grarak has to say about it.
Thanks anyways bro :)

BTW @doga.ozkaraca ... Its been 1 hour with latest intervigil commits. No random reboots. I think that audio commit was the culprit somewhere.

Last edited:

doga.ozkaraca

May 10, 2013
San Francisco, CA
dogaoz.com
I had to do some heavy framework edits here :p. That's why it took 4 days. I will go throught the files once again tomorrow to check the errors. Lets see what @Grarak has to say about it.
Thanks anyways bro :)

BTW @doga.ozkaraca ... Its been 1 hour with latest intervigil commits. No random reboots. I think that audio commit was the culprit somewhere.

yes i'm compiling new rom now :D

moshikko

May 3, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Dunno if it helps but I discovered the weirdest thing about the Audio bug in phone calls, for the past 15mins I called and hung up to my other line and found that the noise only happens on the even numbers tries : the 2nd call ,4th, 6th and so on .
And on the odd numbers tries, the call was great.
Tried it for more than 20 phone calls even rebooted the phone and tried it again, same thing.

BTW : no random reboot yet for the past hour
Sent from my GT-I9500 using xda premium

Reactions: mw86 and matheus_sc

AL_IRAQI

Recognized Contributor / Themer
May 18, 2012
Baghdad
OnePlus 9R
Last edited:
Reactions: mw86

iamsachin

Dec 26, 2008
New Delhi
Dunno if it helps but I discovered the weirdest thing about the Audio bug in phone calls, for the past 15mins I called and hung up to my other line and found that the noise only happens on the even numbers tries : the 2nd call ,4th, 6th and so on .
And on the odd numbers tries, the call was great.
Tried it for more than 20 phone calls even rebooted the phone and tried it again, same thing.

BTW : no random reboot yet for the past hour
Sent from my GT-I9500 using xda premium

I am not shocked, I noticed a similar pattern too. But then I though that it's wierd to follow a pattern :p
I am trying to adjust volume levels, Preview 2 will be a daily driver.
System UI bug is fixed in most of the cases. While booting it is still giving, trying fix that.

You will find the kernel more stable as I have picked some bits and pieces from AndreiLux's Preseus.

iamsachin

Dec 26, 2008
New Delhi
Graphics Glitches Gone :)
Riptide Works Perfect Now :)

3-way Reboot
You Can Enable it From Developer Options "Advanced Reboot"

Edit:
Themes Not Working I get force close when open it :)

Sent From my i9500 With ☆★Crash Rom★☆

I'll edit the working/not working list right away :)
I didn't know this about the Advance Reboot :D .. stupid TouchWiz eroded my brain.
Themes will work in the next build, promise :D
Thanks for the feedback mate :)

Reactions: .hackman.

kdh2834

Jul 12, 2012
Pune
Thanks. I have solved the SystemUI fc, just while bootup, for the first notification it is causing the same. I'll fix it tonight. Preview 2 will be a daily driver :)

Nice :D
I guess halo settings r also included..?
Waiting for the other build :thumbup:

Sent from my GT-I9500 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi friends,

Welcome to HaloGen for i9500.
    This ROM is a neat and clean CM10.2 with HALO feature from the ParanoidAndroid.

First I would like to thank the people who made this possible:
    1) @intervigil and CM team for porting CM10.2 on i9500. Nothing was fated for this device without them.
    2) ParanoidAndroid for making the fantastic HALO feature, proving once again that Android has been always about innovation of exciting user friendly features.
    3) @Grarak and @doga.ozkaraca for constantly clearing my doubts whenever I had regarding anything.
    4) @AndreiLux for his unbeatable Perseus kernel.
    5) Samsung, who knows how to make good devices, but being dumbasses for not releasing sources.
    6) Many thanks to the works of Cristiano Matos (https://github.com/cristianomatos). All the latest changes are totally derived from his work.
    7) Special thanks to @hamdogg for a youtube review and an amazing logo image. Please subscribe his channel as a token of appreciation. :)

HaloGen
    This was basically a personal project for me to learn Android OS development. I was fascinated about the HALO feature and so I began implementing it over the always faithful base of CM.

HaloGen sources:
    https://github.com/IamSachin/

Disclaimer: I am not responsible if you spoil your device using this. I have tested it on my device and the Known Bugs list is always up to date

Please refer second post for known bugs and changelog.

It's ready for a daily driver. Now I will look into device based stability in device tree.

Video Review:
    Youtube Review by hamdogg

Screenshots:
    xnh1.png
    ctis.png
    j1ss.png
    qr4u.png
    yn4.png
    if47.png

cu4y.png

Root Access, Super Su
    (Fix is available-http://download.chainfire.eu/345/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.51.zip) Thanks @AL_IRAQI -- CONFIRMED ROOT ACCESS WORKING

Download link : HaloGen 0.9.5
    GAPPS : http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20130813-signed.zip
    Changelog

Beta 0.9.5:
    1) Updated kernel to 4.3 source
    2) Introduced kernel dependencies to fix bootloops. (thanks to intervigil)
    3) Updated blobs to 4.3 source
    4) Cleanups by intervigil

Beta 0.9:
    1) init..rc, fstab, uventd cleanup
    2) latest cm commits
    3) latest halo commits
    4) updated vendor blobs.
    5) Moved to intervigil kernel. I will include Perseus kernel by default in future builds. Facing some compiling issues.

Experimental:
    Sound changes. Please provide feedback on microphone input during calls.

Known bugs:
    Standard Device Tree bugs
    Halogen 0.8 Beta

HaloGen is back :)

Changelog:
    1) Latest intervigil commits
    2) Latest CM commits (including CM accounts)
    3) Fixed soft button touch wake up on lock screen.
    4) All latest HALO commits
    5) Fixed HALO settings

HaloGen 0.8
    Hey guys, I shall be back really soon. Having some time for personal issues.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    @iamsachin
    Hello! Glad u back. Do u have any intention of updating this rom in the soonest time.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Paranoid Android is about to release the new HALO for KitKat. So this ROM will be updated after that for CM11 base.
    Meanwhile I am experimenting with the audio stuff.