[32A/B?][6.35] Cyanogenmod 9 -- Fast | Stable | Best

Search This thread

PowerPlop

May 6, 2012
I ported Cyanogenmod 9 for the Hero build by Jordfaz. (Thanks to him!)

cyanogenmod9-logo.jpg

Downloadlink: Cyanogenmod 9

Installation:

- Flash Lights_format_all (See other thread!)
- Flash CM9
- Reboot

- 32B: Flash a 32B kernel after flash of the ROM

After installation

- After boot: Go to ADWSettings - system - advanced - enable wallpaper hack and scroll cache: low quality --> This will fix your UI.
- To disable CRT-animation: Displays - animation OFF (Thanks toi SaySpaceman! ;p)

Working:

- Calls/SMS
- Data
- Youtube!
- Screenshot!
- Perfect rotation!
Not working:

- Bluetooth
- GPS

Changelog:

Code:
 -- Cyanogenmod 9 --

v1.0

* Initial release

Hit the THANKS button, if you use this ROM!

I will complete this thread at a later time, but for the next month I'll have to study a lot :(, so maybe no time for uploading and completing thread.

Last edited:

SaySpaceman

May 2, 2012
Maracay
You can disable the CRT animation. You go to Settings->Display->You turn off the Screen off animation.

I haven't found any bugs yet, everything works very smooth and even YouTube works! :good:

I think this is the best ROM for our "legacy" device :D

Reactions: PowerPlop

PowerPlop

May 6, 2012
You can disable the CRT animation. You go to Settings->Display->You turn off the Screen off animation.

I haven't found any bugs yet, everything works very smooth and even YouTube works! :good:

Thank you! Didn't know you could manually enable/disable it. :D

stiker

Aug 17, 2010
Lisbon
i really want to try this rom in my old htc magic!
I would like to know wich recovery do you use and recommend to flash your rom.
another question is the funcionability of the apps with this rom
thank you for all your work for "our" device.

PowerPlop

May 6, 2012
i really want to try this rom in my old htc magic!
I would like to know wich recovery do you use and recommend to flash your rom.
another question is the funcionability of the apps with this rom
thank you for all your work for "our" device.

I think you can only flash it with CWM recovery.

All apps that work on GB, will work in ICS.
But the Play Store will show a lot more apps, but a lot of them will force close when you try to open them.
But in general, everything should be smoother.

Yanguang

Oct 15, 2009
Thank you for porting this over. I have neglected my HTC Magic for quite some time now, finally got it out, dusted it and went through the flashing bits for this. Stable and much smoother than I expected to have on a (relatively) dated device. Are the processor options under 'Performance' settings disabled or is it meant to be on 'ondemand' all the time?

PowerPlop

May 6, 2012
Thank you for porting this over. I have neglected my HTC Magic for quite some time now, finally got it out, dusted it and went through the flashing bits for this. Stable and much smoother than I expected to have on a (relatively) dated device. Are the processor options under 'Performance' settings disabled or is it meant to be on 'ondemand' all the time?

You can't change any options in Performance. I'll see if I can change that, because now, if the displayed CPU speeds are right, the CPU is constantly running on 710 Mhz when you used it.

jejer

Dec 12, 2006
Default cpu frequence 710MHz is not stable enough to bootup my phone, could you please lower down to 650MHz please?

jejer

Dec 12, 2006
Yes, I flashed it. During boot, cat /proc/cpuinfo get 710MHz and boot failed. After set it to 620MHz, it bootup success.
Your ROM works great, thanks!

tvall

Oct 10, 2010
Springfield
I would really advise against overclocking by default. The majority of these devices can overclock to acceptable speeds, but others can't do much at all. My mytouch 3g, for example, would freeze at anything above 595mhz, and it was most stable at 537 or below. So even with that lower overclock you decided on, I still wouldn't be able to use this without modifying the rom.

There are plenty of ways to make this recommended, but optional. You could put an oc script in a separate zip to flash. Or you could start using the fancy Aroma installer. Ezterry's yesno binary is really easy to implement.

PowerPlop

May 6, 2012
I would really advise against overclocking by default. The majority of these devices can overclock to acceptable speeds, but others can't do much at all. My mytouch 3g, for example, would freeze at anything above 595mhz, and it was most stable at 537 or below. So even with that lower overclock you decided on, I still wouldn't be able to use this without modifying the rom.

There are plenty of ways to make this recommended, but optional. You could put an oc script in a separate zip to flash. Or you could start using the fancy Aroma installer. Ezterry's yesno binary is really easy to implement.

I didn't know the cpu was running at a higher speed. I thought it was a bug in performance section, who was showing the wrong speed, since my HTC Magic normally freezes at 710 Mhz.

lotherius

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 12, 2009
Houston, TX
Google Pixel 6
It's been years since I last flashed a MyTouch3G (32B)... Just got back one that I'd gifted away two years ago, it decided not to boot around Christmas and I brought it home to wipe/reflash.

Glad to see work still being done on this old device! It's ahead of my G2X in Roms.. That's effin sad.

Now if I can just remember how you flash a kernel on this thing....

EDIT:

I'm a bit confused about the kernel.... the thread linked doesn't actually seem to be any specific kernel??? More "how to flash a kernel safely" and hboot/radio files. I already have the required hboot/radio! So which kernel do I use??

EDIT 2:

N/m.... can't be assed to sit here all night trying to figure out which kernel to use on an antique phone. Went with Gingerbread instead.

Last edited:

brugazz

Apr 9, 2008
Coimbra
tutorial and links - SPL/radio/ROM

It's been years since I last flashed a MyTouch3G (32B)... Just got back one that I'd gifted away two years ago, it decided not to boot around Christmas and I brought it home to wipe/reflash.

Glad to see work still being done on this old device! It's ahead of my G2X in Roms.. That's effin sad.

EDIT:

I'm a bit confused about the kernel.... the thread linked doesn't actually seem to be any specific kernel??? More "how to flash a kernel safely" and hboot/radio files. I already have the required hboot/radio! So which kernel do I use??

EDIT 2:

N/m.... can't be assed to sit here all night trying to figure out which kernel to use on an antique phone. Went with Gingerbread instead.

<<Check my signature below!>>

<<Goog flashing>>

Edited post (correction below)

Sorry for the wrong info on flashing your 32B device, I did not notice that your device was not a 32A sapphire but the 32B instead!

I think the answer you're looking for is here:

[ROM][WIP] United ICS - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1647493

"kernel -
ezterry's kernel + ics patches and some performance tweaks (enabled 710mhz overclock and other things) http://www.mediafire.com/?py8asp6ab109dyl
ezterry's ezgb 1.5.2 http://sandbox.devnull.name/android/ezgb-kernel/ezgb-2636-v1.5.2_S.zip "

<< info from tvall - http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=3038499 >>

Last edited:

PowerPlop

May 6, 2012

EDIT:

EDIT 2:

You have to take a working 32B kernel, preferably a flashable zip. The link in the opening post isn't directing to a kernel, but search for it in the G1 section and you will find a lot kernels.
ICS is much faster, so I would suggest you try it. :p

Baldi_SOS

Mar 13, 2008
Can you point me into the right direction? My dad has an old Magic 32B with Radio 27.08. What Kernel should i use? Or what ICS Version are you talking about?
Thanks in advance.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I ported Cyanogenmod 9 for the Hero build by Jordfaz. (Thanks to him!)

cyanogenmod9-logo.jpg

Downloadlink: Cyanogenmod 9

Installation:

- Flash Lights_format_all (See other thread!)
    - Flash CM9
    - Reboot

- 32B: Flash a 32B kernel after flash of the ROM

After installation

- After boot: Go to ADWSettings - system - advanced - enable wallpaper hack and scroll cache: low quality --> This will fix your UI.
    - To disable CRT-animation: Displays - animation OFF (Thanks toi SaySpaceman! ;p)

Working:

- Calls/SMS
    - Data
    - Youtube!
    - Screenshot!
    - Perfect rotation!
    Not working:

- Bluetooth
    - GPS

Changelog:

Code:
     -- Cyanogenmod 9 --

v1.0

* Initial release

Hit the THANKS button, if you use this ROM!

I will complete this thread at a later time, but for the next month I'll have to study a lot :(, so maybe no time for uploading and completing thread.
    Next week I'll start to search for solutions again for the current problems.

Bleutooth seems hard to fix, (Don't even know if it's kernel issue or not). I managed to fix GPS, but when I replace the right libgps.so, the whole ROM starts to lag and the all apps force close. Any ideas for this?
    I'll see if the Home Button can be fixed. ;p

If you want fast browsing, use UC Browser. I just discovered it and it is by far the fastest browser for our phone.
    What can I do to get my Bluetooth working again?

flash a rom with working bluetooth....
    tutorial and links - SPL/radio/ROM

EDIT:

EDIT 2:

<<Check my signature below!>>

<<Goog flashing>>

Edited post (correction below)

Sorry for the wrong info on flashing your 32B device, I did not notice that your device was not a 32A sapphire but the 32B instead!

I think the answer you're looking for is here:

[ROM][WIP] United ICS - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1647493

"kernel -
    ezterry's kernel + ics patches and some performance tweaks (enabled 710mhz overclock and other things) http://www.mediafire.com/?py8asp6ab109dyl
    ezterry's ezgb 1.5.2 http://sandbox.devnull.name/android/ezgb-kernel/ezgb-2636-v1.5.2_S.zip "

<< info from tvall - http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=3038499 >>