[06-13-14][4.4.3][ROM] PA4.4 RC1 [Unofficial]

Search This thread

nuuits

Dec 31, 2011
I have finally built 4.4.3 through AOSPA/Paranoid Android for the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 LTE.
Special thanks to the PA devs for allowing me and others to build this rom for unsupported devices!

IF YOU LIKE THIS ROM, PLEASE HIT "THANKS"
And feel free to leave a review, but please do not request features!

HOW TO INSTALL:
1. Boot to your updated TWRP recovery
2. make sure ROM and Gapps are on SD card/Internal memory
3. Factory reset device
4. Install rom
5. Install Gapps (I used the micro PA gapps package, 87 megabytes)
6. Reboot device

Rom download folder

PA Gapps

What's working:
- It boots
- Wifi
- Camera
- Themes
- Sensors
- ART
- Data
- Hover

What is not working:
- Chrome (PA issue)
- You tell me? Please?
- Anything not working in CM11 or other AOSP roms

XDA:DevDB Information
AOSPA t0lte, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note II

Contributors
estabien, nuuits
Source Code: https://github.com/AOSPA-legacy

ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat

Version Information

Created 2014-06-08
Last Updated 2014-11-21

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-06-08-17-11-33.png
    Screenshot_2014-06-08-17-11-33.png
    124.5 KB · Views: 2,430
  • Screenshot_2014-06-08-17-11-43.png
    Screenshot_2014-06-08-17-11-43.png
    80.5 KB · Views: 2,187
  • Screenshot_2014-06-08-17-11-50.png
    Screenshot_2014-06-08-17-11-50.png
    133.6 KB · Views: 2,077
  • Screenshot_2014-06-08-17-11-54.png
    Screenshot_2014-06-08-17-11-54.png
    78.2 KB · Views: 1,975
Last edited:

nuuits

Dec 31, 2011
APN list

AT&T

Code:
Name: ATT PHONE
APN: phone
Proxy: ~Not set~
Port: ~Not set~
Username: ~Not set~
Password: ~Not set~
Server: ~Not set~
MMSC:http://mmsc.mobile.att.net
MMS Proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net
MMS Port: 80
MCC: 310
MNC: 410
Authentication type:
APN type: default,mms,supl,internet

Last edited:

nuuits

Dec 31, 2011
Changelog

Code:
06-11-14
Updated to RC1
Chrome is NOT working

Code:
06-09-14
Sensors should be fixed

Code:
06-08-14
First build

Last edited:
Reactions: Senyaka

Regnuf

Jul 8, 2011
Chicago
Can you flash this on the T-Mobile note 2? I am just making sure. Thanks

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Free mobile app

nuuits

Dec 31, 2011
Can you flash this on the T-Mobile note 2? I am just making sure. Thanks

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Free mobile app

Yes, this will work on us carrier models also- I actually have an AT&T Note2 :) but only on the AT&T and tmobile notes for sure.

Thanks for the port pal. Shame that hover is not in.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Give it a couple of days, probably by beta 2 it'll be back in, if I had to guess. To expand on that idea- from my knowledge, AOSP 4.4.3 code was recently merged and Hover will have to be re-added in, most likely. This rom is unofficial so it has been built between betas, so it doesn't have everything. :)

Last edited:

Unknownkj

Oct 15, 2013
Running for a couple of hours and seems to be smooth. Note 2 has a couple of sensor issues which might affect some peek functions. I flashed the sensor fix from omni thread. Hopefully all be good.

Reactions: Senyaka and nuuits

nuuits

Dec 31, 2011
Running for a couple of hours and seems to be smooth. Note 2 has a couple of sensor issues which might affect some peek functions. I flashed the sensor fix from omni thread. Hopefully all be good.

Ah, I see. Thank you for telling me your fix.
Once I get to my computer I will find the sensor fix and see what's in it... I could maybe incorporate it in a build, depending on what is being changed.

:)

Sent from my One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

fatjoejr2001

Oct 18, 2010
Brooklyn
You're the man estabien... Downloading now and can't wait to check it out. Will let it settle in real nice with Agni kernel ;)

Edit: Okay so I downloaded the ROM three times and they all reached the correct size, yet it always fails flashing in latest TWRP. Damn....

Tap, tap says the wicked Note +₩● ?

Last edited:
Reactions: nuuits

nuuits

Dec 31, 2011
You're the man estabien... Downloading now and can't wait to check it out. Will let it settle in real nice with Agni kernel ;)

Edit: Okay so I downloaded the ROM three times and they all reached the correct size, yet it always fails flashing in latest TWRP. Damn....

Accidentally thanked you, but
What error (status 7, etc)?

Have you tried downloading it again in case you have a bad zip?

I am sorry you are experiencing problems.

Sent from my One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Unknownkj

Oct 15, 2013

Seems like you are not using the right version of twrp. Use version 2.6.3.1 and see how it goes.

nuuits

Dec 31, 2011
Ok guys, I am repo syncing now, and if the build that's outputted today has hover I'll update the OP with a new dl link... deal?

No hover, but I have integrated the sensor files in this build so yay?

Last edited:

fatjoejr2001

Oct 18, 2010
Brooklyn
Everything is working now and it is super fast and smooth...If I am being honest TW 4.4.2 is simply not this smooth or as good on battery life and for some S Pen features it is just not worth riding with over something like this. Awesome job estabien :thumbup:

P.S. my problem was that I had the latest TWRP from another device, but all is good now.

Attachments

• 1402327912190.jpg
    1402327912190.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 198

nuuits

Dec 31, 2011
Nice job, estabien! This is pretty sophisticated for a beta! I like the theme options :)

Thanks!!
I just built it though, all the real work (coding, etc.) was done by PA's awesome devs :)

Everything is working now and it is super fast and smooth...If I am being honest TW 4.4.2 is simply not this smooth or as good on battery life and for some S Pen features it is just not worth riding with over something like this. Awesome job estabien :thumbup:

P.S. my problem was that I had the latest TWRP from another device, but all is good now.

Awesome!! I am so glad you guys are loving this rom, I feel hesitant to do this, but I am thinking I should remove the "testing" tag in the title. it's pretty stable over here as well as for others.

Now, I have a question: Should I upload builds (without terribly awesome new things, just sync'd with the repo) daily and just link the OP to my AOSPA AFH folder? I do test these builds to make sure they boot, etc..

Or should I upload major builds (ones with brand new features, such as Hover) only?

Senyaka

Feb 28, 2013
Thanks!!
I just built it though, all the real work (coding, etc.) was done by PA's awesome devs :)

Awesome!! I am so glad you guys are loving this rom, I feel hesitant to do this, but I am thinking I should remove the "testing" tag in the title. it's pretty stable over here as well as for others.

Now, I have a question: Should I upload builds (without terribly awesome new things, just sync'd with the repo) daily and just link the OP to my AOSPA AFH folder? I do test these builds to make sure they boot, etc..

Or should I upload major builds (ones with brand new features, such as Hover) only?

Do whatever is easiest for you. We are just happy that roms are being made and maintained. So thank you! Do what suits you bro.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: Metalbuddhist

Unknownkj

Oct 15, 2013
Been pretty stable so far. Battery life is great too. Haven't been testing the camera yet. Hope to see hover soon.

nuuits

Dec 31, 2011
Do whatever is easiest for you. We are just happy that roms are being made and maintained. So thank you! Do what suits you bro.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

You bring up a good point, haha.
I think I will do the latter, so builds won't be daily (exactly) but every time I get a fix (such as today's sensor fix) or new feature (i.e. hover), i will upload the build.

I will edit the OP to show the folder containing my uploads, it should be easy enough to figure out the latest build!

nuuits

Dec 31, 2011
Been pretty stable so far. Battery life is great too. Haven't been testing the camera yet. Hope to see hover soon.

Awesome to hear!
I have tested the camera, snapping photos works and from a quick test, video recording and viewing works too.

EDIT: darn it, sorry about the double post, i thought the two would merge.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have finally built 4.4.3 through AOSPA/Paranoid Android for the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 LTE.
    Special thanks to the PA devs for allowing me and others to build this rom for unsupported devices!

IF YOU LIKE THIS ROM, PLEASE HIT "THANKS"
    And feel free to leave a review, but please do not request features!

HOW TO INSTALL:
    1. Boot to your updated TWRP recovery
    2. make sure ROM and Gapps are on SD card/Internal memory
    3. Factory reset device
    4. Install rom
    5. Install Gapps (I used the micro PA gapps package, 87 megabytes)
    6. Reboot device

Rom download folder

PA Gapps

What's working:
    - It boots
    - Wifi
    - Camera
    - Themes
    - Sensors
    - ART
    - Data
    - Hover

What is not working:
    - Chrome (PA issue)
    - You tell me? Please?
    - Anything not working in CM11 or other AOSP roms

XDA:DevDB Information
    AOSPA t0lte, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note II

Contributors
    estabien, nuuits
    Source Code: https://github.com/AOSPA-legacy

ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat

Version Information

Created 2014-06-08
    Last Updated 2014-11-21
    I'd like to apologise for not really... being here.
    I went through a period after school started where, in short, life sucked. I was always tired, etc. and I couldn't get anything done.
    Now I'm doing much better and am preparing my build machine for an update to the newest version... it will probably take a bit due to the fact that I have to redownload source (with my internet speed considered) and I'll have to re-add the t0lte config.

No ETAs please.
    Update: AOSPA source crapped out on me a few days ago and just... things weren't working as far as building goes.

However, I get next week off due to American Thanksgiving so I'll be able to configure everything and get a build started this weekend and even into next week.

My apologies - this week I have been so exhausted and my first attempt at building on my new machine sort of dampened my spirits. But when I get home, I'm repo syncing and then going from there. c:

EDIT: Repo syncing... NOW.
    Expect this to take several hours, as I am having to sync from scratch.
    AND WE HAVE HOVER!!!!!!!!

Will have to rebuild (forgot to put in the bootanim lol) and after that I will be uploading it.

EDIT: Threw my SIM card in and am getting the data issue. Darn.
    Working on finding a fix.
    My fix was adding my carrier's DEFAULT APN for the Note2 to the letter.
    APN list

AT&T

Code:
    Name: ATT PHONE
    APN: phone
    Proxy: ~Not set~
    Port: ~Not set~
    Username: ~Not set~
    Password: ~Not set~
    Server: ~Not set~
    MMSC:http://mmsc.mobile.att.net
    MMS Proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net