(Q)How to exit from "Andr. sys. recovery<3e>"?

Search This thread

bib*oops

Oct 15, 2009
I have a Cappy with Froyo 2.2 and faulty Power button, somehow I've managed to get it in "Android system recovery<3e>", but with non-functional Power button I can't get it out of this state. Any ideas?
Connecting it to USB, now, does nothing, but it worked before getting here.

4-2ndtwin

Dec 18, 2010
Try using the phones capacitive buttons in recovery. Menu = Down, Home = Up, Back arrow = Back, Search = Select

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using xda premium

Reactions: bib*oops

bib*oops

Oct 15, 2009
Try using the phones capacitive buttons in recovery. Menu = Down, Home = Up, Back arrow = Back, Search = Select

Not working, when I press any of them just lights up, except Menu changhes to an image of triangle with little android below and back to Andr.sys.recov if pressed twice!

silvertag

Sep 18, 2009
Montreal
I have a Cappy with Froyo 2.2 and faulty Power button, somehow I've managed to get it in "Android system recovery<3e>", but with non-functional Power button I can't get it out of this state. Any ideas?

1) Remove the battery.
2) Hold Vol +/- buttons
3) Put battery back

You should now be in Download mode, Remove battery, Put it back and don't touch any buttons.
If not try this other method

1) Remove the battery.
2) Plug the usb cable
3) Hold Vol +/-
4) Put battery back in

Reactions: bib*oops

bib*oops

Oct 15, 2009
1) Remove the battery.
2) Hold Vol +/- buttons
3) Put battery back

You should now be in Download mode, Remove battery, Put it back and don't touch any buttons.

1) Remove the battery.
2) Plug the usb cable
3) Hold Vol +/-
4) Put battery back in

Unfortunately I'm still there: Android system recovery<3e> with 5 options:
reboot sys now;
reinstall packages;
delete all user data;
delete cache data;
format internal sd-card.
No possibility to select one of these with a broken Power button...

silvertag

Sep 18, 2009
Montreal
Unfortunately I'm still there: Android system recovery<3e> with 5 options:
reboot sys now;
reinstall packages;
delete all user data;
delete cache data;
format internal sd-card.
No possibility to select one of these with a broken Power button...

And if you hold "Vol - " only when putting the battery back in ? Other then that opening the phone to correct the issue sounds like your last chance. Look around here and Q&A and you should find more details on it your not the only one facing this issue.

sunfirestorm

Apr 15, 2011
Mississauga
I am guessing you have tried the reboot system now option, when i plug my cappy into a car charger it aways turns on rather than just charge if you can figure out what type of device would cause the behavior you can try that?

bib*oops

Oct 15, 2009
Thanks everybody for your good willing, I've managed to exit and root this Cappy...
But as final conclusion my Power button is definitely broken, I have to replace it...

pianomans

Sep 14, 2013
Strumica
Hello. I have the exact same problem. Power button not working and can't exit recovery mode. Please help how to do it. is it possible through SD card. Thanks.

droidkoder

Feb 26, 2015
Sorry, but it was more than 5 years ago... no recall about that anymore... but you should read carefully this thread(and possibly others) in order to get solved your issue...
Good luck!

Please always update the thread with how you fixed a issue! It will be helpful to all the future people reading your thread!!!
I am in the exact same situation now and I don't know how to exit the recovery without power button, any help is appreciated...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

1) Remove the battery.
    2) Hold Vol +/- buttons
    3) Put battery back

1) Remove the battery.
    2) Plug the usb cable
    3) Hold Vol +/-
    4) Put battery back in