[APP][Q][XPOSED] GravityBox v10.1.2 for Android 10 [07/03/2021]

Search This thread

tiga_x

sabrdawg

I can't get past the GB app giving me the "system framework not responding" message on my OP7Pro. I've installed Magisk 20.1, Riru 19.5, EdXposed YAHFA, and the GB app. The module is activated in EdXposed, which says the framework is active. Anyone else run into a similar issue?

EDIT: got it working :) I didn't have the latest EdXposed, as I had thought.

Last edited:
Reactions: fatih.askn

teja

Nov 27, 2015
Bangalore
I can't get past the GB app giving me the "system framework not responding" message on my OP7Pro. I've installed Magisk 20.1, Riru 19.5, EdXposed YAHFA, and the GB app. The module is activated in EdXposed, which says the framework is active. Anyone else run into a similar issue?

EDIT: got it working :) I didn't have the latest EdXposed, as I had thought.

Still having same problem.:eek:
OP6. Magisk 20.1, Riru 19.5, EdXposed YAHFA 0.4.6.0_beta(4471)

vikd007

Jul 24, 2013
System ui doesnt start after gb beta 5, using havoc Q 28-10 magisk canaray with yahfa latest

batjoke8558

Oct 5, 2019
I am working with the fingerprint launcher and everything normally works flawlessly. When I turn the screen off and on, everything stops working. Anyone also have this issue and know how to fix it?

I assume this is doze stopping something but I can't figure it out. I have tried whitelisting gravitybox in battery optimization but no luck. Still I think this is the fingerprint sensor but again don't know where to go.

Update: I turned off fingerprint unlock in Android settings and now the quick tap action is working even after turning screen off and on. So it looks like there may be some bug or conflict there.

Last edited:

ecompton59

Jan 9, 2015
Lexington,sc
Moto E4
OnePlus 8T
flash adb and fastboot for ndk the magisk mod i did it fixed edxposed and other apps looking for busybox no more random reboots everything works even the old kitana mod for scrips that never would before

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191111-214900.jpg
    Screenshot_20191111-214900.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 972

Dark-Yox

You flash the latest version of TaiChi via Magisk, then you install the latest APK too + the Gravity Box APK then just activate the module inside the TaiChi app, reboot and enjoy.
PS: I'm not using TaiChi anymore since EdXposed was updated and now it's working fine with my phone.

jewnersey

Jul 25, 2010
Not working for me on pixel 2XL (PixelDust Rom)

Busybox 1311
Ritu core 19.5
Edxposed 4471 (yahfa and sandook)
Edxposed manager 452
Gravitybox 10b5

Green lights across the board.
"System framework not responding"

Last edited:

jewnersey

Jul 25, 2010
Sorry, wouldnt let me attach image to last post.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191114-075938_Logcat_Reader.jpg
    Screenshot_20191114-075938_Logcat_Reader.jpg
    272.6 KB · Views: 408

Nish53

Nov 11, 2018
Hey, there can anyone confirm if the Resolution Quick tile is working in OP7 Pro or not? Beta 5.

Use 4.6.0 yahya beta

Gesendet von meinem ONEPLUS A6013 mit Tapatalk

thx but im using 4.6.o yahfa beta but I have still this problem

---------- Post added at 07:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 PM ----------

Not working for me on pixel 2XL (PixelDust Rom)

Busybox 1311
Ritu core 19.5
Edxposed 4471 (yahfa and sandook)
Edxposed manager 452
Gravitybox 10b5

Green lights across the board.
"System framework not responding"
same problem

Reactions: awqaq10

Wazowski1

Jun 18, 2014
Caracas
Hi all, I have a Redmi Note 7 with custom ROM with Android 10, and everything goes well until when I activate GravityBox when restarting it stays in the logo, is there any hope or suggestion trick to avoid that?

I would love to try certain things with these modules

Skittles9823

Recognized Contributor
Jan 9, 2015
Sydney
Google Pixel 3a XL
Hi all, I have a Redmi Note 7 with custom ROM with Android 10, and everything goes well until when I activate GravityBox when restarting it stays in the logo, is there any hope or suggestion trick to avoid that?

I would love to try certain things with these modules
Xposed and EdXposed aren't meant for custom ROMs or anything too far from stock AOSP. But you can try using a different backend of EdXposed. Sandhook bootlooped me when installing GB initially but yahfa worked fine.

Sent from my Google Pixel 3a XL using XDA Labs

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    GravityBox - all-in-one tweak box - Xposed module for devices running Android 10
    Version 10.1.2 [Q]

Version for JellyBean is available in this thread: https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2316070
    Version for KitKat is available in this thread: https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2554049
    Version for Lollipop is available in this thread: https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=3037566
    Version for Marshmallow is available in this thread: https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=3251148
    Version for Nougat is available in this thread: https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=3653953
    Version for Oreo is available in this thread: https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=3739929
    Version for Pie is available in this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=3908768

READ THIS POST CAREFULLY BEFORE PROCEEDING ANY FURTHER

Introduction
    The app utilizes Riru and EdXposed Magisk module which uses original Xposed Framework API created by rovo89.

!!!!!! WARNING !!!!!!
    This module utilizes EdXposed Framework which is still in early development stage and may contain bugs or might not be fully compatible with system of your Android device. I take no responsibility for any issues arising from using GravityBox with EdXposed and strongly recommend creating a full backup of your device before activating the module.

Requirements
    - Magisk v19 or later
    - Riru v19.5 or later (Magisk module)
    - Official EdXposed release (Magisk module)
    (CHOOSE WHATEVER VERSION WORKS BEST ON YOUR SETUP - EXPERIENCE SHOWS THAT DIFFERENT VERSIONS WORK DIFFERENTLY ON DIFFERENT DEVICES/SYSTEMS)
    - EdXposed Manager (Application)
    - Avoid using Resource hooking support if possible (Can be disabled in EdXposed Manager settings)

Installation
    This procedure assumes you have working Magisk installation.
    1) Install Riru and EdXposed modules using Magisk Manager
    2) Install EdXposed Manager app
    3) Reboot and open EdXposed Manager app to check if EdXposed works and is active
    4) Install GravityBox and enable it in EdXposed Manager
    5) Reboot

Required whitelisted packages
    In case you use blacklist/whitelist functionality of EdXposed make sure all the following packages are whitelisted (not blacklisted respectively) for full GravityBox experience.
    - Android System (android)
    - System UI (com.android.systemui)
    - Call Management (com.android.server.telecom)
    - Download Manager (com.android.providers.downloads)
    - Phone (com.android.dialer or com.google.android.dialer)
    - Phone (com.android.incallui) (OxygenOS only)
    Note that using Blacklist/Whitelist mode in EdXposed Manager may have side effects such as Zygote not
    being able to access module preferences due to SELinux restrictions which results in relevant features not being enabled even if
    they are enabled in module settings. This is EdXposed limitation/glitch

Feature highlight
    --- Lockscreen tweaks
    --- QuickSettings tile management with additional tiles
    --- Statusbar tweaks
    --- Navigation bar tweaks
    --- Pie controls
    --- Power tweaks
    --- Display tweaks
    --- Phone tweaks
    --- Media tweaks
    --- Hardware/navigation key actions
    --- GravityBox Actions - interface for 3rd party apps
    --- Notification control (per-app notification LED/sounds/vibrations)
    --- Fingerprint launcher
    --- Advanced tuning of Framework and System UI parameters
    ... and many more

Compatibility
    GB's main concept is to make most of the preference changes to be done on the fly without need to reboot a device to achieve custom-ROM like experience.
    This means it is not possible to "completely deactivate" particular feature if it causes trouble on your device or if you installed GB because you want to use only one particular feature you can't find elsewhere.
    This results in issues on ROMs/devices that have parts that are diverting from default Android implementation too much, or are running heavily modified custom ROMs.
    If you experience weird issues after installing GB, even if you didn't activate a particular feature, it is not because of GB is broken, it is because it is not compatible with your ROM.
    It is very similar to a situation when you installed ROM built from source for Nexus to some Xperia device - it won't work.

GB is a complex module and is not suitable for 1 purpose scenario. This means, if you are running custom ROM built from source, and you are missing a certain feature, your best option is to go ask creators of those ROMs to implement those additional features. Supplementing missing features on well-known custom ROMs built from source by installing xposed modules (especially complex ones) is definitely not a good way to go and can cause more trouble than good.
    GB being a complex module, it shouldn't be combined with other complex modules often racing for the same goal. They can conflict/fight on the same playground and there's no way you can deterministically say which one's going to win. They can even lose both.

So in summary:
    - this module is designed to run on vanilla or close-to-vanilla Android 10 (AOSP)
    - officially supports devices/systems it was developed and tested on
    - Samsung Touchwiz, HTC Sense, MIUI, LeWa, Xperia, Lenovo, etc. are NOT supported. It is not guaranteed this module will work on these at all so try at your own risk. This module is simply too complex to support all kind of ROM brands that were vastly modified by vendors.
    - DO NOT USE WITH CUSTOM ROMS MODULE WAS NOT EXPLICITLY DESIGNED FOR
    - I will not implement any exceptions that will adapt this module to a specific custom ROM. Please, do understand, it is unmanageable.
    - I will not provide any support for devices violating these compatibility rules

GravityBox [Q] has been designed for and tested on
    - OnePlus 7 Pro running OxygenOS 10
    - Nexus 5X running Pixel Experience 10
    - Pixel 3a running Google OS

Reporting bugs
    If possible, please use Github issue reporting interface for reporting bugs.
    If you experience problems with certain feature, provide the full-detailed info that can help me
    to reproduce the bug and attach error.log file you'll find in:
    /data/user_de/0/com.solohsu.android.edxp.manager/log
    If you use different manager or there is no log file present, use ADB to capture log: adb logcat -s EdXposed-Bridge

In case you experience SystemUI crashes or other apps Force Closing, or device soft reboots, attach logcat from time
    crash occurs. (use adb logcat *:E or your favorite logcat app from Play Store).
    Please, don't attach big logs. Only the portion where error is clearly seen.
    Disable all other xposed modules before reproducing bug to make sure it is really GravityBox related
    Remember, this app was developed and tested on one particular device so it is not guaranteed that it will work flawlessly on yours.

Click here to read additional, more detailed info on Reporting bugs provided by @trjlive

Multilanguage support
    Volunteers are welcome to translate GravityBox to other languages.
    Simply download this file: https://github.com/GravityBox/GravityBox/raw/q/GravityBox/src/main/res/values/strings.xml
    Use Notepad++ to edit strings and then send me edited file so I can include translations into next release.

Source code
    GravityBox is opensource. Sources are available in my gihub: https://github.com/GravityBox/GravityBox/tree/q
    If you're a dev and have some ideas for additional features, feel free to fork it, work on it and send the pull requests.

Copyright notice
    https://github.com/GravityBox/GravityBox/blob/q/NOTICE

Support development
    Coding, maintaining and supporting this project costs me a lot of my precious time. If you find this project useful, you are more than welcome to support its development via donation. This form of support is meant to compensate for my time dedicated to the community + eventually, help me to afford newer device to keep up with AOSP evolution thus providing continuous support as Android evolves. Thanks!

Info about premium features and PayPal transaction ID verification system
    1) Those who supported development via PayPal donation can use their PayPal transaction ID to unlock premium features.
    As of v2.9.5, there are two premium features:
    - Backup/restore of GB settings.
    - Ultimate notification control

2) If you contributed to the project by providing translations, code fragments, or by any other way
    you can apply for a free transaction ID by contacting me via PM.

3) Be aware that there's a system that can identify potential transaction ID
    abuse. E.g. when one ID is being used by more users. Such IDs will get blocked automatically.
    This can also happen when you previously exposed your ID in public forum and other users took
    advantage of it. If this is the case, contact me via PM so I can issue new, special ID.
    In case you own more devices, you can use one transaction ID on up to 10 of them.

4) If you are using your own custom builds of GB for personal use, you will get hash mismatch
    upon verifying your ID as verification system accepts requests only from official releases of GB.
    If you want to be able to verify IDs with your custom build, contact me via PM so I can setup
    a special hash for your build.
    If you are using a custom build that you provide for broader group of users (e.g. in a custom ROM),
    it is necessary to ask for new hash everytime your new custom version is released for public use.
    These rules are based on mutual trust so please, do not violate them.

Credits
    - RikkaW for creating and maintainng Riru Magisk module
    - solohsu & MlgmXyysd for creating and maintaining EdExposed Magisk module
    - @frank93 for donating Pixel 3a for development
    - @bgcngm for his code contributions to the project
    - @MohammadAG for Xperia specific contributions to the project
    - @rovo89 for his ultimate Xposed framework and "Volume keys to skip track" mod
    - @peptonib for starting me up with this project
    - @simmac for app icon
    - @romracer for Motorola specific code contributions
    - @firefds for Samsung specific code contributions
    - CyanogenMod project
    - ParanoidAndroid project
    - Slim, RootBox, AOKP, OmniROM projects
    - Sergey Margaritov for ColorPickerPreference
    - ArthurHub for Image cropping library
    - All those who provided translations for different languages (Mr.Premise, peptonib, kidmar, ch-vox, romashko, Indiant, lelemm, oicirbaf, unavix, LuHash, WedyDQ10, mp3comanche, awaaas, liveasx, samsonbear, Eric850130, xtrem007, benjoe1, asmb111, Fatih Firinci, ...)
    - and finally, all those who keep the project alive by supporting me via donations (you know who you are)

Changelog
    https://github.com/GravityBox/GravityBox/blob/q/CHANGELOG.txt
    Changelog 10.1.2 - 07/03/2021
    - Clock: reverted to old hooking strategy for better compatibility
    - Dialer: adjusted for compatibility with the latest Google Dialer
    --- fixes muting Dialpad tones during UNC Quiet Hours

Developed and tested on:
    - OnePlus 7 Pro running OxygenOS
    - Pixel 3a running Google OS
    - Nexus 5X running Pixel Experience

Current issues
    - Power: Proximity wake up not working on OP7Pro (and maybe other devices) due to proximity sensor not reporting proper value until device is fully awaken
    - Key actions: Home double-tap not working
    - Key actions: Haptic-feedback on OxygenOS may feel a little delayed on keys that have actions defined; as it is performed on key release to avoid double vibrations
    - Lockscreen: Changed custom carrier text won't appear immediately
    - ... + potentially others mainly device/system variation specific

Design changes
    - Navigation bar dimension changes require reboot

Download
    https://github.com/GravityBox/GravityBox/releases/tag/v10.1.2_q
    Module is also available in official Xposed Repository and LSPosed repository.

Required whitelisted packages
    In case you use blacklist/whitelist functionality of EdXposed make sure all the following packages are whitelisted (not blacklisted respectively) for full GravityBox experience.
    - Android System (android)
    - System UI (com.android.systemui)
    - Call Management (com.android.server.telecom)
    - Download Manager (com.android.providers.downloads)
    - Phone (com.android.dialer or com.google.android.dialer)
    - Phone (com.android.incallui) (OxygenOS only)
    Note that using Blacklist/Whitelist mode in EdXposed Manager may have side effects such as Zygote not
    being able to access module preferences due to SELinux restrictions which results in relevant features not being enabled even if
    they are enabled in module settings. This is EdXposed limitation/glitch

Commit history
    Commit history for transition from 10.1.1 to 10.1.2
    What happened no more development. Still at beta

Oh sorry bro. There is paid option too. So i thought it might be a part of his living. Thanks for the info. I was keep following to the project to get new features that's why i concerned about. If it was stopped i can stop looking in this thread.

I wouldn't give up hope so easily. According to the source code linked in the OP, the last added change was added 2 months ago. Updates for this mod come every couple of months, I think. Just cause there's no update doesn't mean it's dead, so hang on just a little longer :fingers-crossed:

Do you know that this is not his job, but a hobby? And he uses whatever free time he have after his real job and family?

Hello everyone. Long time no see.

Just couple of words to keep you up to date.
    Yes, development speed went down tremendously compared to 7 years ago when this project was started and there were like weekly updates often bringing a lot of new features every week, etc.
    The thing is I am feeling less and less motivated with every new Android version which always brings new restrictions, security measures and thus affects how Xposed Framework works.
    Another issue is how behaviour is inconsistent regarding different devices and systems. Nowadays the majority of issues users have are coming from some incompatibilities in the framework.
    Such type of development, when your work is based on something which is quite experimental and inconsistent, is not giving me the pleasure you would expect from doing your hobby.
    This is also the reason why module is still treated as beta, although it may seem to work perfectly on some systems.

Just to make sure - I am NOT abandoning the project completely. I'm just waiting for a moment that gives me enough motivation to get back to it. And it will probably come sooner or later, I believe.
    For now, please try to understand and accept my position and enjoy what we currently have as it's the outcome of years of dedication and of course, your support. Thanks!
    Version 10.0.0-beta-7 available

Changelog 10.0.0-beta-7 - 21/06/2020
    - Clock: changed hooking strategy to avoid EdXposed ART crashes
    - Clock: keep master switch for Clock tweaks off by default (thanks to aviraxp)
    - TrafficMeter: fixed not working when data saver is enabled
    - Updated Turkish translations (thanks to Fatih Firinci)

Download
    https://github.com/GravityBox/GravityBox/releases/tag/v10.0.0-beta-7_q

Commit history
    Commit history for transition from 10.0.0-beta-6 to 10.0.0-beta-7
    Version 10.0.0-beta-6 available

Changelog 10.0.0-beta-6 - 23/12/2019
    - Location tiles: adjusted for changes since SDK 28:
    --- fixed GPS tile to show proper state when location is fixed
    --- adjusted SlimKat style tile to work with Location providers instead of deprecated modes:
    ------- Battery saving: uses network provider
    ------- Device only: uses GPS provider (GPS sensor)
    ------- High accuracy: uses both providers
    ------- (provider modes are deprecated as well which means SlimKat tile will be removed in the future)
    - Adjusted device locked state related features for the recent Android 10 changes:
    --- fixes QS Tile protection
    --- fixes Lockscreen Direct and Smart unlock
    --- fixes other related features such as GravityBox Action protection on lock screen
    - Added logic for identifying OnePlus7T/7Tpro as device running OxygenOS ROM
    --- should fix/improve features that contain OxygenOS specifics on OnePlus 7T/7Tpro
    - Updated Chinese (Simplified) translations (thanks to liveasx)

Download
    https://github.com/GravityBox/GravityBox/releases/tag/v10.0.0-beta-6_q

Commit history
    Commit history for transition from 10.0.0-beta-5 to 10.0.0-beta-6