AOSP Live Wallpapers

Search This thread
Nov 4, 2013
Bristol
This is my first post so be gentle on me guys and girls!

I got the Nexus 5 on launch day in the UK and am absolutely loving the phone, been playing about with the Android Open Source Project and compiled the Live wallpapers. Currently got the Galaxy one set at the moment.

Here are the Live Wallpapers from the Android Open Source Project for everyone to enjoy :victory:

Attachments

• Galaxy4.jpg
    Galaxy4.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 2,779
  • Galaxy4.apk
    268.2 KB · Views: 2,432
  • HoloSpiralWallpaper.png
    HoloSpiralWallpaper.png
    75.2 KB · Views: 2,652
  • HoloSpiralWallpaper.apk
    59.4 KB · Views: 2,284
  • MagicSmokeWallpapers.jpg
    MagicSmokeWallpapers.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 2,389
  • MagicSmokeWallpapers.apk
    233.4 KB · Views: 1,661
  • NoiseField.jpg
    NoiseField.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 2,474
  • NoiseField.apk
    88 KB · Views: 2,451
  • PhaseBeam.jpg
    PhaseBeam.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 2,604
  • PhaseBeam.apk
    84 KB · Views: 5,660
  • VisualizationWallpapers.png
    VisualizationWallpapers.png
    54.6 KB · Views: 2,656
  • VisualizationWallpapers.apk
    200.2 KB · Views: 2,230

ihatelolcats

Oct 29, 2012
thanks for these. wasnt there a version of phase beam that would "move" when you scrolled home screens? or am i imagining that

xda6969

Jan 20, 2012

I got the Nexus 5 on launch day in the UK and am absolutely loving the phone, been playing about with the Android Open Source Project and compiled the Live wallpapers. Currently got the Galaxy one set at the moment.

Here are the Live Wallpapers from the Android Open Source Project for everyone to enjoy :victory:

How exactly would you install one of these?

Nov 4, 2013
Bristol
thanks for these. wasnt there a version of phase beam that would "move" when you scrolled home screens? or am i imagining that

I'n not too sure to be honest, it's the first time i've looked at AOSP before. The last phone I has was the Optimus 3D which was way behind everything for software updates. LG hardware seems sound but their software is lacking so the Nexus seemed perfect with the software being pushed by Google.

xda6969

Jan 20, 2012
You will need to allow installation of apps from sources other than the play store by checking the box in Settings -> Security -> Unknown sources.

Hope this helps! :)

So do you just copy it to any folder on the SD card, check the unknown sources box, install it from that folder, and then delete it from the folder on the SD card after it installs?

odoyo

Nov 9, 2013
wow thanks for sharing these! looking forward to doing a couple tweaks and putting them on mine.

BravoMotorola

Oct 17, 2010

It is supposed to move, I don't think it works with Googles new launcher though. What I always hated about this wallpaper though it the big circles would disappear if they were more than half off the screen. It just made it look choppy and ugly. Wish someone over at google wouldve done a better job with it.

xda6969

Jan 20, 2012

It doesn't scroll on the Nexus 4 and if I remember correctly, it was static on the Galaxy Nexus also. I prefer non-scrolling.

---------- Post added at 02:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 AM ----------

Yep that's right, then you can set it like any other wallpaper.

Thanks. I tried this with ES File Explorer and it comes back X Not Installed. Then all I can do is hit Done. I tried the PhaseBeam.apk from my Nexus 4. The .zip from this thread does not have an .apk file in it.

Last edited:

ihatelolcats

Oct 29, 2012
It is supposed to move, I don't think it works with Googles new launcher though. What I always hated about this wallpaper though it the big circles would disappear if they were more than half off the screen. It just made it look choppy and ugly. Wish someone over at google wouldve done a better job with it.

i noticed them disappearing also. looks lazy, but there is probably a reason for it

wojtekojtek

Nov 29, 2022
Poland
Microsoft Lumia 950/950 XL

I was looking for noise Field wallpaper for years!! I had it on Samsung a3 2015 and I have broken this phone, I wanted this wallpaper, thank you !

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.